1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Office - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Oct 27, 2017.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Newcomb; Here's what you've got Fable/Dya as not W/W for, the reasoning does very little for me;

I've gone over Jarizok myself again and still think he's town here, his reads and thoughts are very easy to follow and match with mine in a lot of places, didn't really have any qualms or concerns with his posting.

Going to give Wei & Tsaih a read through to reaffirm those town reads and hopefully run through my Yeti read tonight.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm still pretty happy calling Tsaih town after reading her ISO?

For those that have her as scum or possible scum, what am I missing here because outside of "She seems to be busy and prod-dodging a bit" which is true but would argue probably not hugely alignment indicative her posts and thoughts when she has had a chance to be here feel like her actually thinking about the game and peoples alignments. Her reads and thoughts make plenty of sense and I'm finding her interactions with Stanari in particular to come as pretty genuine.

3. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Reposting my reads list from yesterday as a starting point:
    town - Zack (now Regfan), Fable, Jarizok, Vaimes, fonti
    lean town - Newcomb, Stanari, dyachei, miner
    lean scum - Cuthalion, ScottPress (now owner), Yeti, Tsaiah, Vira
    scum - .113

Bolded the people I want to re-evaluate the most after the flips we got.

Fable - I basically skimmed over his posts yesterday so I don't really remember the specifics there.
    Stanari - I feel there might be enough there to move her up to a more solid town read?
    Cuthalion - Probably my first reread today (want to reread D1 with the knowledge it was v/v/Cuth as wagons in particular)
    Vira - I was tired when I did her re-read yesterday, and this was a weaker read
    .113 - I didn't really change my mind about scum reading him yesterday but I want to do something here today. Either commit more to this read and try to convince others, or move him up.

Let's see how much of this I actually will manage to get done. >.<

4. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Also finished going through Wei again and I'm not as confident on him being town as Jarizok/Tshaih but I think he's decently likely town here, Newcombs town case on him feels very accurate on a lot of things.

@Wei - Given both Vira & Fable are on your list of people to read through would like you to take a look at my Post #4609 and Post #4778 about them before actually posting your updated thoughts. Also would like to get a better feel about where your thoughts are re; the scum team right now, If 113 was lynched today and flips scum what do you think the scum team probably is? ie 113/?/?/?/?/? and if 113 was lynched and flips town what's the scum team? Don't need a huge explanation behind whatever you pick here, just a "This feels right" type submission.

5. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I would be kinda fine with getting lynched at this point just because I'm seriously lost at this point about who the wolves are so being allowed to give up seems fine.

I will say if you think as a wolf I'd struggle this hard to have wolf reads you're deluding yourselves.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote:Fable

6. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Seems like an awfully weird line to take here? If you're struggling to get wolf reads here then perhaps looking and commenting on my huge Vira!Scum case or her reaction towards it would be the right play here rather than "I'd be fine getting lynched", you're by no means my strongest scum read and I'm currently also contemplating a world of Vira/Fonti here too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't agree with your Vira read though and giving up is easier.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Okay, so what about the Vira read do you disagree with? Can you find me instances inside her ISO where she's actually stated town reads and thoughts on players alignments outside of her reads wall or a progression in any of her reads here? Can you run through how you think her reaction towards being scum read here makes sense as town for me?

Or really present any argument that isn't just "She'd be more active as mafia" which is meta based around seeing a singular scum game of hers and isn't really factoring in lots of other things that are rather important. Like if you're town here working with other players is the solution, not self-voting and giving up.

9. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Will check out those posts. I think I must have skimmed them this morning, but it was early so I don't really remember the details.

With the caveat I haven't actually managed to get any re-reading done yet:

113 flips wolf:
    113/Cuth makes sense to me. Then probably two or three of my other lean-scum reads. Yeti for sure (I think I remember some oddness with their 113 progression), and I don't think any of the others make no sense with 113? Maybe vira would be town in this world actually, their interaction EoD2 reads as not knowingly aligned. I'd probably bring in Stanari too, there's been a sense of pushing 113 is town when people bring him up for consideration. I still feel pretty good about the people I put as town though (though I think Fable interacted with 113 somehow early D3? Will check as part of my Fable re-read).

tl;dr 113/Cuth/Yeti/Stanari/(some combo of Newcomb/dyachei/miner/owner/tsasiah to fill out the rest of the slots)

113 flips town:
    Vira probably pops into my head as the first person to look at. I'd also be looking at my weaker lean town reads (Newcomb/Miner) as they're probably the ones who I've written off slightly too easily considering the game state of mislynching three times in a row and then again can pull in some combo of my lean scum reads as I suspect them for reasons that aren't to do with 113. From my town reads, Jari maybe? He's probably my weakest town read of that tier. Dunno, I've not really thought about this world other than right now so my scum team from here is wishy-washy.

tl;dr Vira/(Newcomb/miner)/?? With ?? being taken up by some combo of (dyachei/owner/tsasiah/cuth/yeti) gap (maaaybe Jari)

10. .113

.113 Squib

So Basically you're saying if i was a wolf id put 2 out of my real wolfbuddies in my top 4 scum list, and vote one of the two town on my scum list, but with out getting the rest of my team onboard since they apparently voted my other scumread (considering the vote count).

Yeah. Solid read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ah nvm that was if i flipp town. Made a bit more sense tbh :)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I thought you were town untill you did this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: vira

11. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Why are you so dumb?

12. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm heading to bed, I'll try and check this game tomorrow but there's a decent chance I may only be able to get on via my phone.

Thanks for the worlds there Wei, I'm not sure I agree with either of them there though.

@Fable, would like a response to #4808, posts like yours above are unneeded and I know you care about the game of mafia enough that you know yourself that you shouldn't be making them. If you're town here either be willing to work with others and actually a) Consider the world where Viras scum here because there's actually a lot of solid logic behind it or b) Try and convince me that I'm wrong there with some real reasoning otherwise walk away from the game, take a small break and come back when you can. I enjoy playing with you, just not when you're like this.

13. .113

.113 Squib

I cant
    To confuse my friends

But Seriously you should at least find a few people scummy?

14. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    No it's dumb and I'm going to say it's dumb.

There's no way me and Vira can be wolves together cuz if we were we'd probably have fun pushing each other.

It's part of why I think Vira is a villager because I sympathize with how much she's struggling.

Vira was really excited to roll wolf before the game started so I can't imagine this type of lack of energy and difficulty getting anything going if it actually happened.

Nobody would willingly choose to struggle like this, I wouldn't and neither would Vira.

15. .113

.113 Squib

So, pick someone, do an iso, find scum. Here, ill pick two but feel free to change who.

Cuth and miner

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    That reasoning just falls flat on its face when you look at how the games played out; scum aren't going to buss each other and create waves when they don't need if there's a bunch of TvT fighting (Take a look at SVM for instance) which means you'll often find scum being people that are sitting back and letting it all occur, she fits perfectly for that and if you look at the fact that she doesn't have a singular unique read throughout the entire game it's what I'm talking about x 100. Can you link me to a singular post this game that you think has a town motivated mindset behind it or looks like her attempting to gamesolve and progress her reads in the game?

Unless your argument here is "Vira would still buss even when scum are in a commanding position just to give herself something to do even if it meant ruining the position scum were in" when she's aware that we know she can buss and thus would be getting significantly less town cred from it then I don't know what you're getting at.

The fact that you're taking this sort of stance while subsequently stating you're struggling to have scum reads is what's even harder to grasp, there's minimum 5 probably 6 scum in the game, if you can't get a singular scum read and there's that many left shouldn't you uh, consider her or try and grab some stronger reasoning?

17. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I'm not gonna wolf read Vira just because I'm struggling and you want me to. I believe in that read too much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote:Owner

--- Post automerged ---
    I don't care if I get lynched but I'm not gonna let one of my strongest V reads get railroaded like this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess fonti could be a wolf too considering how bad all her pushes have been.

18. fontisian

So, you're going to vote owner without commeting on my Scott!town case?

19. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    Wasn't that from forever ago? Why would I?

Also owner feels very detached from the game so no idea how you could V read her.

20. fontisian

You mean laat night?