1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Grand Order

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Ven Arima

Ven Arima Slug Club Member

Question for all of you guys who have a japanese account:

About how long do you think it took for you to acquire a good hand of servants that not only do you like but are super effective. I'm curious because, thinking about it, it makes me wonder how long I'll have to play in order to get any of the servants I have in mind. Hell, the only five star I've been able to get so far is Vlad but, then again, I've been busy these past few months getting all my college shit together for graduation so I haven't been able to properly farm...

2. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

It took a little under a hundred days, and even then it was mainly because I got really lucky. I'd recommend focusing on the servants you do have, instead of placing your hopes on possibly getting someone amazing. One of the charms of Grand Order is that you can usually get any servant to work in the right context. I've seen videos of people taking down end game content with only bronze servants, so it's not impossible.

If you have Vlad, maybe look into building an arts team around him. Also, make sure to get a servant with an AoE NP - not only for farming, but for some of the battles later in the game.

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You're going about the game all wrong. All the fun of FGO comes from experimenting and working with what you've got. Sure it's awesome to luckout and roll a really versatile 5 star (god knows I fist pump hard whenever it happens for me), but with the support system, having one yourself isn't really necessary at all.

There are plenty of 3s and 4s that have better utility than your average 5 star serv (see Cu, Medea, Herc, Medusa, Martha, Nobu), whom you can build up into awesome powerhouses that will work well with your strong guests. Hell, even some bronze units can be really useful at max (Kojiro, Hassan, Saint George).

Like, I've got a Vlad, but I literally never use him as my go-to zerker because Herc is so stupidly powerful. And I'll be taking Cu to 80, maybe even 90, so that I can double-Cu faceroll my way through the end game Archer stages.

So yeah, it'll take several months, but work on maxing the best 3 and 4 star servs you've got. If you're lucky enough to get a good 5 star along the way, swap over and work on maxing that. The grind never ends bruh.

What 4s do you have, by the way?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  4. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

Literally nothing has given me more pleasure than seeing Lil' Hans wrecking the shit out of a 900k Ghost with Medea's help.

5. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fuck these sensible people, I whaled the hell out of my servants... Took me about 15 minutes from when I started to get Drake and Arturia... (I was pretty lucky there...)

BTW, got a fifth Gudao from the 20ap quest. Means I can limit break Gudao and After-Party Order. I'm tossing up between the two for which to put on Okita. On a team with Drake and (hopefully, eventually) Jack with Imaginary Around, she'll be critting a whole lot and almost spamming her NP given how fast she builds it, but 15% to both Buster and Quick cards sounds just solid too, esp when you're unlucky with lining up everything and getting poor draws.

Thoughts?

6. Ven Arima

I have Siegfried, Emiya, Herc, Lancelot, Nero, and Saber Lily. I'll probably get Nobu within the next day or so.

I love Siegfried so much, and Emiya and Nero are great. Can't seem to decide on whether I want to ascend Herc, Glad, or Lancelot because they're all so good.

I know I intend to ascend Siegfried, Cu, and young Alexander. Not too sure about anyone else though.

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I was looking at all the servants and couldn't help but wonder, you know? Anyway, what with FateApocrypha and everything else, the hype is real and the grind continues!

7. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Even without Nobu, right off the bat, with 3 of the best 4 star servs in the game (Emiya Nero Herc), you have the capability to make legit af "for any occasion" buster and artes teams. At max ascend, Emiya is the strongest 4 star archer in the game statwise. Grailed to 90, he is comparable to Gil. With trip arte cards, you can fit him into an artes/buster fusion team with your Nero and a guest Waver/Tamamo, and barring class weaknesses, you'll faceroll most of the game's aoe content for the next year.

Or you can put him in a buster team with your Herc/Sieg/Lily to help quickly build everyone's NP. I main Martha specifically for this reason.

I assume you've got a Medea, because virtually everyone does. Nero + Np5Medea/Vlad + Waver is also a really great shotgun medicine artes comp.

So yeah. Get to farming. I would make Emiya, Nero, Herc, Vlad, Medea, and Cu your priorities.

I also wouldn't bother with maxing Alexander just yet. You'll get NP5 Rider Altria for free at Christmas.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  8. Gengar

High Score:
    Isn't Emiya rather 'meh' until his strengthening quest?

Herc is just broken though. Save up for Merlin and just faceroll with those two.

9. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

He is, but when he gets it, he becomes basically on par with Herk and Kintoki as the best 4, depending on the team comp. So he's a long term investment. Tbh right now, Nobu at NP5 is significantly better than EMIYA.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    And cuter :3

Btw, cleared out bottom two tiers of items from the shop. Time to start farming 40ap.

11. Pure Infinity

Pure Infinity High Inquisitor

Ishtar is on rate up and I don't have anywhere near enough quartz. Looks like I'll be working my way through the rest of Babylonia tonight. Considering it's been mentioned some of the upcoming events will require having finished Arc One anyway, I guess I'm fine with this.

Meanwhile on NA, I accidentally ran the 40 AP quest with my 10 AP farming team. This did not end well. What a waste of AP.

12. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Using all Honnoji servs is the fun part. Double Cu for the win.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Been playing a lot with the few assassins available given the Rider daily is the newest (Hasan seems the best for me).

I love the concept of crit teams, but unless quick cards themselves get buffed overall (say 100% instead of 80% DMG for first card) then I'm just not feeling it :\

14. Ven Arima

Does leveling up your GUDA CE increase the amount of Honnoji Points you acquire? Because I can't tell if they do.

15. Invictus

Invictus Master of Death

No. And only in the rerun if you Max Limit Break it does that change. Merely leveling it up does not change the effect of any CE, ever, except on the stats (HP/Attack) it adds.

16. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    If you just pick a mix of pure 3Q and 2Q Quick NP servs and say "OKAI NAO GO SPAM TEH QUICKZ", you're probably not going to succeed. You'll crit a good bit, but your damage output will be hella low. You've gotta design your crit team specifically with star-weight in mind, and only two types of crit teams are actually effective.

The first type is the never-ending star generator build, where you put star absorb CEs on your main star generating quick servant. Okita is easily the best centerpiece servant for this type of team. She builds stars, and then eats them, racking up constant crits, huge star gen numbers, and a continuous stream of NP for spammage. You want your supporters here to be at least 2Q. You also want them to have low star weight, so preferably no Riders/Archers.

The second type of team is the buster-crit build. You have two high star gen characters with low star-weight (Jack, Hassan, whatever), paired with a buster-oriented servant with stupidly-high star weight (artificial by CE and skill or through innate Rider/Archer absorb). The quick servants build the stars, the buster servant eats them, and they thus dish out humongous damage every other turn or so. Nobu, Gil and Drake are great buster-crit centerpieces, because they have relatively high hit counts and thus their Brave quads can build a decent amount of stars as well.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    I'm desperate to try Okita, Drake and Jack. Hope it works well.

I've a feeling though that there'll just be too many Q cards in the deck.

Maybe I'll make two teams. Okita, Drake +1 and Nobu, Jack +1

Last edited: Nov 15, 2017
  18. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    It will work very well, especially if you give Drake a good star absorb CE, and give Jack and Okita NPgen or quick effect up CEs.

Jack = 1B/1A/3Q
    Drake= 2B/2A/1Q
    Okita = 2B/1A/2Q

5B/4A/6Q possible per 3 turns. 5B/4A/6Q or 6B/4A/5Q is exactly what you want for Buster-Crit as long as your star eaters have 2 or 3 buster cards, and your star gen chars have 2 or 3 quicks.

Also, when running Jack or Okita, you don't really need to bother with quick chaining per se. They'll both generate fucktons of stars from just one or two quick cards, so you can mix and match with arts/busters without fear of low star gen.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    Why would Drake ever need a Star Absorb CE? She guzzles stars like a pro.

20. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    The whole point of buster-crit is to funnel nearly all of your stars to your buster user whenever they have cards up.

Giving a char with high star weight the added effect of a star absorb CE (such as Seal Designation Enforcer =+600% star gather) pretty much gaurantees that all their available cards will be made 80 to 100% crit before a large portion of stars are distributed to other serv cards, even if you only have a middling amount of stars in the teens.

This allows your buster servant to continuously put out massive damage, and generate almost instantaneous full NP bars when you artes chain. Think Nobu's third skill 100% of the time.