1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them Sequel (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter North, Nov 19, 2016.

1. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    There is a way that Jack Grindelwald could work though. If you look back to the first film, Jack wasn't just goofy. He was dangerous. Like, before we knew the backstory and stuff, he had this unassuming quality of something deadly hiding behind the rum-breath. Though it had more to do with Jack being an unknown, which we know Grindelwald isn't.

2. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Bit late to the thread, but I think Jude Law can do a decent Dumbledore. I like his acting style. I'm kinda upset that his hair is black, or is auburn a fanon thing? I'm less upset about his clothes. I don't remember anything ever saying Young Dumbledore went around wearing cosmic, fruity clothing. It's the forties, being drab, depressing and uniform was a thing.

I agree with @Sorrows about his eccentric traits being a later in life thing as a reflection on how he's changed mentally.

3. kira and light

kira and light Seventh Year

I think most people are refering to when Dumbledore picked up Voldemort from the orphanage where he was wearing a pretty eccentric suit. There are still 10 years for Dumbledore to get to his eccentric fashion style if they still want him to be canon Dumbledore or maybe this is just a one time average outfit.

Like some others said the title is pretty dumb but besides that pretty hyped about this because the first was far better than expected.

Wish they would have picked someone other than Depp or they would atleast get rid off that stupid Hitler mustache.

4. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Yeah well if you'd told be Depp was playing Grindalwald in 2003 I would have been really excited. Well I wouldn't have been, I would have been 11 but still.

*Depp gets blatted in the face with a hex 2 minutes in* Oh no! I'm melting back into Colin Farrell, what a shaaaaame! *audience applauds."

5. Ninclow

Ninclow Fifth Year

High Score:
    I wish.

6. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Given that other MACUSA people are popping up, there's a chance Farrell will appear as Graves in the future. Having a bit of back and forth or a chance for Graves to get some of his own back would be good.

7. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Kinda disappointing they're going through with Depp as Grindelwald. I thought with the backlash they might've switched the cast.

8. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

Just be glad that this isn't directed by Tim Burton.

9. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

Depp was really good in Murder on the Orient Express which just came out. I am hoping he is on the rebound from some bad performances/really shitty life circumstances. I am positive if Depp gives a great performance he could steal the show as Grindelwald.

10. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Johnny Derp will either ham it up with maximum cringe, or he'll blow everyone away. Middle ground is a rare thing with this guy.

11. candycoatedlove

candycoatedlove Muggle

I'm excited to see how the story goes.

I'm not eager to see Johnny Depp as Grindewald, simply because I just don't see him playing the part at all. I had no idea he'd be in the movie when I first saw it, and when he was revealed at the end, I was shocked and confused. All I could think of was how wrong he looked for the part. How wrong he is for the part.

Jude Law? I think he'd make a decent Dumbledore. And speaking of Dumbledore, I would love to see his story on screen for the first time. I want to know what happened to Ariana that day. Would they finally let us know, or keep it in the dark?

I hope Newt is in this sequel, he's my favorite so far.

12. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    ...Newt is in the movie.

13. candycoatedlove

candycoatedlove Muggle

Yay! :D

I haven't exactly been on the up and up about the Fantastic Beasts movie, but I'm happy to know he will be in it after all.

14. TheWiseTomato

High Score:
    There's an official cast photo out that reveals a few new characters amongst other things if you scroll back a page or google it.

15. Researcher

Researcher Second Year

High Score:
    See the following quote from the article Fantastic Beasts film title revealed: The Crimes of Grindelwald.

Newt said that "some people change" or something like that. Could it mean that Lestrange developed a hate for muggles later on? And if she hates muggles and togheter with his brother now, could it mean that Theseus have developed a strong dislike for muggles also? Wouldn't be too farfetched if he fought in WWI and saw that people could do to each other.

I also agree with @Sorrow regarding Dumbledore's character. I think that a scene will occur in this movie that make a positive impact on a child that he sees Ariana in. This will plant a seed that will grown to full blossom later on.

16. Redsayn

Redsayn Slug Club Member

The first trailer for FB2 has just dropped.

It looks as though Jude Law's going to be an incredible Dumbledore. Besides the shorter beard and lack of red hair, he's exactly what I pictured a young Dumbledore to be.
    Also, at 0:48, where do you think Grindelwald is? It seems like he's holding a meeting with his followers, but it could also be that he's broken into the (French?) Ministry while they're gathering.
    https://www.pottermore.com/news/wat...or-fantastic-beasts-the-crimes-of-grindelwald

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  17. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't know what that co-op spell at the end is, but I am totally into it.

Looks neat enough.

18. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You can't apparate on Hogwarts grounds.

19. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    I am pleasantly surprised. Jude Law looks really good as Dumbledore.

The only thing I don’t quite buy is Newt having to go after Grindelwald, as Dumbledore puts it. Obviously, Dumbledore refused to go anywhere near him until ‘45, but one would think there would be more suitable candidates for hunting an evil megalomaniac than a recently rehabilitated magizoologist and, by extension, a muggle confectionary shop owner. Perhaps it has something to do with the Elder Wand?

Also, one small nitpick: Dumbledore being interrogated in the DADA classroom? Why not his own Transfiguration classroom?

I guess all shall be revealed in time…

Special permission from Headmaster Dippet. Hopefully…

20. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I gotta say that Depp's Grindelwald look is ... slowly growing on me. The beard works a lot better than the mustache did, at least.

Curious to see what Law's Dumbledore will be like and what the plot will have him do.

I was hoping for less focus on Scamander this time, but it seems the series has fully embraced him as protagonist and hero. Eh.

Sey