1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Fire Emblem Heroes [iOS/Android] & Awakening

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Gengar, Feb 4, 2017.

1. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yep. Ryoma ceased being relevant for lunatic pve a while ago. He's just too fragile.

And with all the blues that have been introduced that can oneshot him, he's become pretty useless in pvp too. I never see Ryoma/Nino combos anymore.

2. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Ryoma is still good, you just need BIke's A skill transferred over to him. It's huge to be able to run DC and that A skill together.

The problem is infantry suck, and red infantry suck the most in the meta of arena.

Ryoma is still useful in stuff like Lunatic chain challenges etc... He's just outclassed by the existence of horse/armour/flier buffs in most cases.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ike does that better imo, given that he's bulkier. That's why I didn't say Ayra makes Ike redundant, specifically because he's better in the enemy phase.

But ofc Ryoma is still 'good'. He's still great, even. My point was that Ayra, Steady Breath Ike and Arden have knocked him off his perch imo.

4. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Ayra is a straight up powercreep on both Ike and Ryoma, no doubt. Ayra has a better EP and PP on her DC build than Steady Breath Ike and Ryoma. Her bst and prfs are even more incentive to use her over Ryoma and Ike.

DC Arden is legitimately disgusting. Follow-up Ring makes his EP and PP absolutely terrifying. Not many units can survive an engagement against him, both initiating and being initiated on, and the only reason he hasn't been given more praise and hate is because Reinhardt is one of those units that blows him up when attacking and he's incredibly common now in this meta.

That being said, Ryoma is still better than Steady Breath Ike. Fury QR Moonbow Ryoma with DD3 is really good on both EP and PP. His EP is still better than Steady Breath Ike's EP and his PP is significantly better than Ike's.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    Prefer Ike's Def over Ryoma's speed personally. Esp now with units like Arden and BK around.

And one thing Ayra will never have is DC and Steady Breath (until they make them runes...).

6. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Got Elincia with my free summon. My flier team is now her Cordelia/Tana/Cherche with goads.
    Still trying to get Halloween nowi. I'm about 150 orbs in that banner and pulled Henry, H!Sakura, brave Roy, and my 4th blyn. Who I'm probably gonna feed to that Elincia.

7. weiyaoli

weiyaoli Third Year

Pretty big update coming up:

Really looking forwards to the 8% banner and a chance for Spring Camilla and Bride Cordelia. Those were the two limited units I was missing the most.

8. mrkain

mrkain Second Year

Yea I'ma stop trying for Nowi and save. Of those heroes on the banners I only have 3 (celica, Deirdre, and Lyn)
    Also Joshua and new girl for free which is always nice.

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I knew hoarding these 500 orbs would come in handy someday.

After viewing a few different gacha-type games, it feels like Fire Emblem is one of the nicest in how much reward they give ya.

10. Gengar

High Score:
    I think, less than the freebies, the ability to target what you want to an extent is something it definitely has over FGO. Being able to save orbs and just roll on Greens for that hero you want. I've never spent more than 120 orbs and not gotten who I wanted by doing that.

11. Consumptus

Consumptus Groundskeeper

That's pretty darn lucky then Gengar. Assuming 4.5 orbs sniping a certain color, that's like 25 pulls for a 5*. Super lucky.
    Meanwhile, I've hit 7.5% on the CYL banner and I'm currently at 4.5% on the death blow banner. RNG sucks.

New update looks cool. Wierd that they just introduced Sacred Coins and now are introducing even more new currency.

Book 2 is hype.

12. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fired up my one free roll on the Tempest Trials and got Lyn, who was the only one I had missed when the four released together.

What a fun little bit of luck. :D

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Rofl. I got a 5* Sakura...

14. JamesSkillape

JamesSkillape Squib

Just got a 5 star niño after having upgraded a 4 star one only a week ago rip

15. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Wait what? Nino can't be pulled at 5* off banner. She's 3*-4* only unless she's on a special banner, which she isn't. Are you sure you pulled Nino?

16. Gengar

High Score:
    New chapter out. Banner is pretty insane for one reason, getting a perfect iv Ayra, lol. Got Celica (+spd-res) first, then Ayra (+atk-res).

Job done, lol. Fjorm looks insane too, and she's free I think!

Edit: yup! Just beast the first chapter. [​IMG]

Edit 2:
    This weapon refinery thing is a bit confusing. Can barely upgrade anyone, and there's no explanation regarding who can and can't - is it mat based?

Either way, a lot of the buffs are just straight stats or might or both on the weapon. Some are just pretty broken though, lol. Nowi, when countering at ranged foes, attacks the lower of def/res. Ninian applies everything +5 to herself and everyone within 2spaces after combat and Sol Katti finally gets desperation 3 baked in, and one of the upgrades throws in Brash Assault 3 for the lulz.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  17. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's case by case. Some weapons can get upgrades, others can't. Only a small portion can get buffs right now. Also, make sure you don't choose any of the options that remove unique weapon effects. I almost accidentally removed my Effie's Slaying Lance cooldown -1 effect.

P.S. Fjorm is pretty damn awesome as a tank. With her specials, she's almost as beefy as Effie. Pairing her with BIke, BLuci, Ayra/Mia might finally make for an infantry team that doesn't get raped in defensive phase.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2017
  18. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Wanted Hector, got +spd/-atk Ayra, which will totally go together with my other +def/-atk...not. Ayra/BCaeda/Deirdre were all on the same pull, so that's something that didn't happen to me yet.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    How'd you get Ayra going for Hector? o_O

20. Solfege

Solfege Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Free roll yielded +def -res Hector. 45 orbs later I've got a +spd - hp Ayra and +def -atk Genny. All firsts.

Would like Deirdre and Cordelia, but Celica + Ike for sacking are really the priority. Will see as I stock more orbs from content.

So people are speculating we might see another Legendary banner next month?