1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Cinematic Universe General Thread

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Andrela, Jul 18, 2017.

1. CaptainFlowers

CaptainFlowers Fourth Year DLP Supporter

Just watched this and hoooo boy am I hyped.

I never liked Josh Brolin until I watched Sicario, and now I love him. Thanos looks and sounds like a purely menacing villian, and let's hope the MCU has solved it's villian problem.

H y p e d.

2. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Well, that certainly looks ridiculously spectacular. I kinda love Spidey's new suit.

3. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I am so hyped...

4. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wanted to swear off hype trains for good... Fuck it, this is a decade in the making. They took ten years to build up to their biggest bad guy. DC would prolly love to do Darkseid in JL2. Lol, fuck DC.

Am hype.

5. Sorrows

Sorrows Queen of the Flamingos Moderator

Cool trailer. Thanos looked a bit rubbery to me but I guess we will have to wait and see.

6. CaptainFlowers

I thought he looked rubbery too, but this is THE Infinity War. No doubt they'll brush up the CGI before it hits theaters.

7. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

8. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Loved the trailer. The music was spot on and the opening line callback to Avengers 1 made my fanboi.

I like this.

9. Dano1o

Dano1o Squib

Thats the most excited I've been for a film in years. The fucking trailer is epic!!

10. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I have no idea what the infinity war is. If it’s that big a deal, could two movies encompass it? I feel like the last avengers took a lot of time to do not that much tbh.

11. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I feel like they could do a lot more with it if they made a series. It's a huge, huge deal in the comics, where it was covered by multiple miniseries. It's about a very powerful being named Thanos (that big purple bitch), that is looking for six gems called 'Infinty Stones' - which give the person holding them control over one aspect of the universe. In the comics, possessing even one of them makes you one of the most powerful beings alive, and if you mount all six in this thingy called the Infinity Gauntlet (which he's showing off in the trailer there), you can basically re-write the universe how you see fit. So it's kind of a big deal.

Now, I doubt they're going to make them as powerful in the movies as they are in the comics. We have, after all, seen five of them in movies already, and they're neato but comparatively underwhelming:

- Space (blue): The Tesseract, first seen in Captain America: The First Avenger

- Time (green): Powers the Eye of Agamotto in Doctor Strange

- Mind (yellow): The yellow stone in Vision's forehead in Ultron and Civil War, came from Loki's scepter (that was given to him by Thanos, no less)

- Power (purple): Seen in Guardians of the Galaxy, it was in the orb

- Reality (red): The Aether from Thor 2, basically.

- Soul (orange?): This is the one we haven't seen yet. I'm betting it's somewhere in Wakanda, and we'll see it in Black Panther. Just an educated guess though.

So in the movies, while they're pretty powerful things, they're not nearly as ridiculous as the comic version - which matches the power level normalization of the heroes themselves, really, because the characters in the movies are wildly inconsistent with the comic versions. Doctor Strange alone wouldn't break a sweat against the entire cast of the Civil War movie, to say nothing of if you integrate the X-men into the mix, or Franklin Richards, or Adam Warlock... or any number of powerhouses. Then shit gets interesting.

I've always been greatly amused by the Marvel movies, they're all great in their own ways, but that's my only disappointment really - they just can't really tell the stories properly on the cosmic level that the comics get to. Small price to pay for a decade of amazing entertainment.

12. syed

syed Supermod

I wonder if this means the black panther movie is gonna be a big prologue/trailer for infinity war.

13. Andrela

Cheese and crackers!

[​IMG]

14. syed

syed Supermod

In a bit of the trailer, the gauntlet had a purple and blue gem in it. That is the tesseract and the orb the nova Corp had in the vault. We know the time and possibly soul gem is on earth, so why has thanos not gone after the reality gem first.

What if while thanos is attacking earth, the guardians go to the collector for the stone? The stone needs a host, while a human would be killed, quill could wield it similar to how malekith did. The Titan could still rip it from him, but he could put up a hell of a fight.

15. Andrela

16. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Considering the context, I would say he just didn't want to say 'no'. There are some disagreements between the film and the TV show groups of MCU that would need to be resolved first.

17. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Going off this, it'd also be hard to afford a movie star for a TV show budget and revenue.

18. CaptainFlowers

Doesn't the main actress in AoS have a big issue with Marvel not allowing the TV series to cross over with the main movies?

I remember some drama about it a while ago, but don't quote me on it.

Edit: Also, I prefer the old design of the Infinity Gauntlet compared to the newest edition shown in the new trailer. Might be that the CG hasn't finished rendering or whatever, but it just looks...ugly.

19. Andrela

From what I've heard, the movie and TV groups have some issues they need to resolve before they can work together. Of course, we've had Maria Hill, Nick Fury and Lady Sif appear on Agents of Shield, but that's not enough.

One chance of having Phil Coulson back in the movies is through Captain Marvel since it happens in the 90s. You could then have a small scene where Fury mentions project TAHITI (the thing that brought back Phil back to life).

20. CaptainFlowers

@Andrela I dropped AoS right after Wade defected - mostly because of college and life. Would you suggest getting back into the show, or -- ?