1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

And The Power The Dark Lord Knows Not Is...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dubrichius, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Olfrik

Olfrik Seventh Year

Valdemar is a normal german first name, allthough currently not very trendy. But there are lots of people in their 60s who are named Waldemar. That name doesnt associate with anything evil in germany.
    The Völkermord reference is one that only an english native speaker would possibly see. Now that I see it I can imagine pronouncing it with an english accent and that may work, but I still think its far fetched. But we wouldnt know, the whole HP series seems to target the racial discrimination topic and the germans of that time definitly had a hand in creating such notions.

2. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I can't say much about the second one. But with regards to Valdemar, I wasn't really associating it with anything evil. Rather, the Poe reference is the stronger association than what the name's origin really means. Lot's of names of origins that no one associates with the name unless they actively go looking for what the name meant. However, in Poe's story, Valdemar is so terrified of death that he purposefully puts himself into a coma to extend his life. He is a well known enough writer than I can easily see her using the association as it is extremely close to Voldemort's fears. Though, most likely, she didn't go beyond the French meaning.

3. based on HBP it doesn't exist and Harry's screwed, prior to that it could be a multitude of things. Harry getting a harem and Using the "love" to some how hurt voldy like when he was possesed would be nice. or an uzi that always works pretty well.

4. Alter Alias

Alter Alias First Year

Wouldn't it just be great if Voldemort got bowel cancer and died off screen early into the fourth chapter, the rest of the book could be about Harry struggling to find a job without any real qualifications (because lets face it if owls are the equivalent of GCSEs thats barely enough to get him a job as a shop assistant) and with no respect due to the dark lord having died of natural causes.
    This could be the one situation in which his marrying weaslet would be acceptable, just picture it harry having come home from a hard day at his minimum wage job where his co-workers refer to him as The-boy-who-did-nothing-special his only source of relief is that archaic 16th century rules which govern the wizarding world allow him to beat his wife to within an inch of her life without reprisal.

Go on JKR make a spousal abuse story, you know you want to.

<edit>
    ok, shit seriously I need to check when things are from before I post.</edit>

Last edited: Feb 4, 2007
  5. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

...Alter Alias:

This topic is over 6 months old. Is reading the forum rules below you? Are you too good to let the laws apply?

Use some common sense. No one cares about a thread 6 months old. So don't bump tham back up and waste our time.

Don't go poking around in anything more than a couple months old.

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Jbern.

The power the Dark Lord knows not is apparently jbern, as voted by the darklordpotter community.

7. Dango-Fetish

Dango-Fetish Fourth Year

Sitting solemnly in the centre of a black hole.
    When dueling Dark Lords, I always find a good happy-slapping works best...
    But that is just the opinion of your truly.

I certainly hope that Rowling doesn't develop some lame way of "destroying" Tommy and Harry does, in fact, kill Voldemort.

8. fatthom

fatthom Squib

I am sorry everyone. You are all wrong.

Dobby is going to kick Voldie's ass, and then probably hump Harry's leg like a Bulldog on a pork chop.

9. Dragonis

Dragonis First Year

In all honesty this Voldy thing could have been solved a longggg time ago. All you gotta do is put a sniper under the imperius and tell him to go take out voldy, job done. Or buy a fucken missile launcher and shoot it at him.

10. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

Atom bomb with Harrys....'essence' built in. BOOM No more Voldy... or well, anybody.

11. mjc

mjc Seventh Year

Shades of Dr. Strangelove...

12. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

...Taure, is there a reason you are sucking up to Jbern? Lol.

Anyway, his awesome jedi lightsaber skills will defeat the Dark Lord. Oh, and his love for all things fluffy.

13. Goosefaba

Goosefaba Looked into the void DLP Supporter

My guess is it will have something to do with love or emotions(it's a kids book)
    but i would prefer that Harry has a uncanny ability for a obscure branch of magic such as necromancey or dark magic in general. I would find it ironic that the light side had it's hero use the magic they despised to kill the greatest user of it.
    But it's not gonna happen......Sigh.

People don't kill people, bullets kill dark wizards just as well as ak's

14. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

Now all I can picture is a obese Harry dressed in chaps and a cowboy hat riding the "Atomic Harry Bomb", straight down Voldie's throat.

Come to think of it, thats a fucking hilarious idea.

15. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

The prophey says 'Either will die at the hand of the other' right? who's to say it's a physical hand? My vote goes to the DA getting renamed somthing like 'Potter's fist' or somthing of that nature, and ambushing Voldi. harry of course has no Idea as he's out destroying Horcrux. The PF (Former DA) gets absolutly massacured down to a battered and bruised Neville Longbottom who manages a cutting curse after being left for dead. Just as he casts the curse harry destroy's the last horcrux causing voldimort to freeze, and the curse catches him across the neck.

Not only does Voldi die at 'Harry's hand' but neville gets to spout some crap about finally being avenged and how he hopes the best for harry. Neville will of course either die alone, or be shown as part of the new HP/HG/RW/LL/GW group, who 'Know it won't be easy, but are willing to work for a better tomarrow... Together.'

Bleh, I need to go eat a Lemon to counter all the sugary crap now.

16. C.S.Kaniel

C.S.Kaniel Fourth Year

Meh. With that kind of prophecy interpretation, Voldemort could die by a large amount of canned peas falling on him inside a muggle store named The Hand, owned by someone with the last name Other.

...Actually, I'm making that my thesis simply because of it's improbability.

17. Manatheron

Manatheron Headmaster

... I think that this one gets my vote. Keep in mind though that the owner would have to be 'Born as the seventh month dies'

Edit: and his 'Power the Dark Lord knows not' could be perfect symmetry when stacking cans :D

18. killjoy

killjoy Guest

The power that the dark lord knows not is the power to disintegrate a person and soul with just one minute motion.
    Actually, that would be a major turn down. A super duper Harry Potter? In one go without any practice? Not exactly my cup of tea.
    I’d actually be very disappointed if Harry’s actual power would be something related to sappy love. Seems so sissy like….
    I'd be more depressed if the power were of sacrifice: everyone risks their own life just so that he would live. Think of it. If everyone were to throw themselves in front of Harry just to take the death curses hurled towards him, then Harry wouldn't have to worry about saving the wizarding world because everyone would be dead by the time the showdown comes up.

19. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    The power of buttsecks.

20. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

No, No, No, Everyone has it wrong. The Power the Dark Lord Knows Not is...
    *Massive Spoilers*
    Wait for it.
    Now
    Harry's Love of Beans. I can see it now, Harry has just finished his 5 year long mission (cookie to who knows where this is from.) He is seating around in his camp in a remote location (I mean come one, Big V by this time will have taken over most of Europe) and he is really "broken" about the death of Herms and Weasel. He is gorging himself on every can of Pork & Beans that he can find. Then suddenly Big V comes out of now (apperate or whatever the hell it is called), and challenges Harry to a Duel to end all Duels, to the Battle of all Battles, to the Ass kicking of all Ass Kicking... well you get the picture.

Once Big V gets his evil laugh out of his system, He notices that Harry looks a little green under the collar. As Big V looks around, he starts to become apprehensive because the one fear in his life now is beans. He just doesn’t know how they work. And why they cause CONSTANCE FLATULENCE!

While Big V is looking around, Harry starts to have stomach pains. The next thing everyone knows is that a loud sonic boom is heard miles around.

After a 12 hour car drive to said place, any and all magic travel has been cut off. They find Harry in the middle of a carter the size of New York, NY.

When they get close enough, they hear Harry mumble, "Flatulence, the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not"

There it is. My thought on what the "Power" is. Laugh all you want, it only took 10 minutes to type (I type slow).

Paul
    dark007
    or better known as PsychoKillerSloth
    (anyway to get a name change?)

*Edit*
    My first attempt at anything writing outside of English Class