1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    DC, yeah I'll remind you when I get home (~3-4 hours). I'm unlikely to be able to get a chance to spend any more time on this today at work anyway.

@Koalas, what's your impression of what the "Really tight town core" is right now? And who do you think are the "Looser town circle" that you've mostly been ISO'ing to try and sort? Wouldn't mind also hearing how you've differentiated the two groupings since your prior post is just devoid of any actual specifics/names and waiting for ~8 hours before deadline to start getting to that really isn't going to work. Need /something/ from you between now and then.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I thought playing with Reg and fonti would be great times but it's just stressful instead. -_-

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

No idea why you're stressing, I feel /fairly/ relaxed? If it means anything I don't think there's any world where you die tonight so this isn't a "Must solve D1 or lose" type thing at all. If I type a few scum teams (Some of these I've ruled out, some I'm tin foiling and some I'm actually contemplating, not telling you which are which until afterwards) will you let me know if you think they're not a thing, possible but unlikely or likely?

Fonti/Jan
    Jan/Beruru
    Jan/DC
    Fonti/Koalas
    --- Post automerged ---
    (In case it's not obvious I mean interaction wise, a "I have X as town therefore it's unlikely" answer will just make me very sad)

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's because if either of you are mafia you kill me almost always and I don't have the luxury of taking my time to feel good. It's stressful to have to solve the game day 1 or lose.

I don't think fonti/Jan is a thing. I'm not at home so if you want a more detailed answer than that then cry. Tbqh I dunno why you're asking me since that's a question you all to get a read on people.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I cri.

And really, you shouldn't be feeling stressed like that.

I'm happy to wait for you to get home for detailed answers, not asking you to get a read on you, I'll explain it after you've answered?

6. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Posting so someone can remind me in like 2 irl days: comparative ISO between Fonti in WHI and here.

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Sorry for dropping off yesterday, had a doctors appointment before work that should have been quick, and then he was 2 hours behind and no wifi in the waiting room. A lot to catch-up on, in the meantime, any questions people have for me?

8. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Everyone thinks you're mafia, glgl.

I would like your reads on Reg, Vaimes, and Jan specifically, if you've got time. Other reads are good, too.

9. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Waco - Catching up on the game and posting an overview of your reads and thoughts probably the best thing you can do right now. Wouldn't mind you running through your Gemma read/progression once you've caught up too.

@Beruru - Where's your Fonti read run through, you promised you'd do it tonight. plz.

10. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    @Vaimes - reads on Fonti, Kalas, Waco, and Reg pls. Plus dC, maybe. Actually, reads on everybody tbh. but these are the most important.

@Regfan - reads on Waco and Vaimes. If you already have them, point me in the right direction ty. Oh yeah, also Fonti.

@Koalas - Reads on Vaimes and Waco??

@Jan - Waco and dC??

Hopefully I'm not like blind or totally forgetful right now even though it's pretty late at night already.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nooo I knew there was a reason I wanted to go to school today. I forgot. Uhhhh she feels kind of flippy... jump around-y... and a lot more light jabs in places idk. But also I think she might be town idk. Actually don't wanna think about it today idk.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, let me add Kalas/Fonti, Gemma/Waco, Fonti/Waco, Fonti/dC, Gemma/dC, and Kalas/Reg to the unaligneds pile.

I literally just made a giant sheet BY HAND about pairs but didn't actually write any post numbers or anything by the names to indicate why I thought that and I already forgot it, smh me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Now I feel like the one who is online when nobody else is online. :(

11. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'll link you to the Waco one & go into the Vaimes/Fonti ones when I get home. Your Fonti explanation is blehhh, can you go into it more tomorrow for me at least? And lol I have a colour coded excel spreadsheet for anti-aligns this game, Stanari would be proud.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have all of these too except for Fonti/Waco, is yours a little more than "Fontis pushing Waco and therefore you don't think they're aligned"? If so wouldn't mind hearing it.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

I actually like that explanation from bears, heh.

13. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Waco Catch-up

#306 Von: feels low energy

Snow in general has a UtR feeling so far, which is unlike his usual town self, or really unlike himself at all in any alignment

Gemma #310 long way from thinking Kalas was towny not long before

Kalas #311: Point, but kinda

#317 Fonti has Beru bottom,

#368 Beruru, completely false “case”

Paired with #370: Cares way more about pushing home a mislynch than actually making a case

#403 just wants his msilynch done already

Gemma #373 Kalas back from 2nd from bottom to town?

Gemma #384: reasonable

Same Gemma #396

Font still all over Beru @ #408

#462 Gemma: Feels weird on Koalas (again?)

Jan #465/467: Devastingly accurate looks at Beruru:

Suddenly Fonti 490/496 has flipped completely on Beru? And pushing on Jan? Opening another possible Lynch?

#519 respond to Fonti pushing my Under the sea quote:

Meh, I was being snarky about every other post feeling like “someone posts read/thought” then Gemma going “why x”, plus and wanted to make a Little Mermaid joke (you might have noticed a trend of those early)

#525 Fonti pushing hard to put Jan under the gun

#527 Regfan reasonable, trying to town-bloc build, starting to pick up on similar signals to previous D1 kinda floundering around town!Reg in general.

I have a few things I want to go over a second time with a fresh eye in the morning before posting a full rainbow, but @Beruru I can give a quick overview of the ones you asked for.

Jan for me is top town. I've been leaning town on him since the early stages, and from where I'm sitting he's seeing the game in a way that makes sense to me. Small chance he just know's I'm town and is white knighting me before I flip town, but if I had to bet the game on anyone right now, it's him.

Regfan is LT for me as well. Less strong, but I look at post like #323 & 325 amongst others and I can see the thought process in action. I noted in the spoiler how I liked #527 in that he's standing up and trying to form a town-block, even as Fonti's opposes him on that player. I'm only mildly familiar with Reg (and it's been a while since then) but this feels about right for him on D1.

Vaimes is.... Way off the reservation from my experience (which bothers me because I used to be pretty good at reading him). Things like #139/144/149/164 have that fluffy energy I'm used to seeing from him. But since the game got more serious, he's been kinda peripheral, which is odd from him from any alignment D1 that I've seen. I've seen him be light on reads as D1 scum, but even there he put energy into being towny, so I'm a bit lost tbh. My early read on him was lightly town because I had a non-align of him and Gemma based on that early exchange, but... yeah

14. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Tomorrow irl or tomorrow in game?

Fonti/Waco has two underlines so I should probably reread to find out why but it's very early in my notes which means it's probably somewhere from the first two pages but one of the underlines is probably the Fonti voti.
    --- Post automerged ---
    mmm. This is okay I guess.

Can you make an ordered readslist, Waco?

15. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Bitch, please.

Yeah, that was me attempting to set up a mislynch on Jan, what an amazing assessment.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

@Beruru if that was to me, irl tomorrow. I'll post the rest of the rainbow tomorrow, a few things I want to look over again before then (and it's closing in on 3am and I'm wiped)

A few questions for people looking ahead to trying to piece together some things tomorrow:

Fonti: I saw you posted some reasons to Jan why you were feeling better about Beru, but I had problems understanding what you were going for. Can you go over that reasoning for me?

@Gemma : Can you please go over your Koalas read for me, because keeping track of it in the catch-up, it felt like it was all over the place. Early as I pointed out you went from scum to town, @310 he's 2nd from the bottom, @373 He's town again, #462 "you feel weird about Koalas again"

Can you talk me through the thought process of your read on Koalas throughout the game, and why it's changed as it has?

@Beruru: Obviously you think I'm scum here, but as I'll flip town, how does that change your view of the game-state, and who would you want to Lynch D2?

@Koalas: Good luck with the interview! Also, can you throw a rainbow wall together?

ninja'd

Fonti, You are an eternal ray of sunshine

And since I might as well post (And it's quite fitting with the work I have to do to turn my fellow townies in the right direction) It's theme music time!

I'm heading to bed

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

[​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    that was in regard to fontis last post. waco got a ninja inbetween.

18. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Waco, if you flip town, I want to look at Vaimes, probably.

If Vaimes starts shining town out his asshole then idk. Need to do some more in depth data crunching about interactions probably.
    --- Post automerged ---
    My current world for if Waco flips town is Fonti/Vaimes btw. Usually Vaimes has more townreads by now but Fonti is the only one doing that rn iirc.

... It doesn't feel good though.

If Waco flips scum it looks like his partners could be Jan or Reg but that also feels weird.

Basically what my evaluations need right now is hard alignment knowledge because all I'm basing my reads off of is how people are interacting with each other (or... not interacting with each other) which works up to the point that people start distancing.

Like, I'm not-w/w reading Reg talking to Jan about being sick irl, for example, even though it could have like not come up in witch chat before or something it feels just like, natural. idk.

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Beruru, by tomorrow I mean RL, it's something I need from you before EOD1.

If you're still around I wouldn't mind a post about where you're currently at and what progress you have made re; Jan. Some thoughts on DCs post / Wacos stuff & Berurus recent posting would be much appreciated.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fontis not the only one with a strong town read on Vaimes, I have one, Gemma does too, Jan may as well? Vaimes pretty much always town here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Think I may be officially sold on Beruru being town though? Need to reread things when I'm not on a phone (So in an hour or two) but a lot of her recent posting here looks very genuine?

20. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    uuugh ok I will drag my ass to school tomorrow. If people could @ me around noon PST about it that would be great, thanks.

By the way I had Waco/Reg and Waco/Jan both written down before Waco made 593, which is why I asked Waco about those people. Waco's answers are consistent with what he would post if my team reads were correct imo.

Jan/Waco would be nice but probably isn't real.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually, let me write down all the pairs in my "maybe" category and hopefully people are interested in some of these? They don't include my reads on individual people in the pairs (so if I actually think they're mafia or not), it's just based on how they talk to each other.

... maybe I should wait for Kalas and Jan to answer the questions, though.