1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

No, it would be because you aren't trying to solve the game. dC is. His stances change from and flipflop as he gets more information and questions himself. You are a static piece of nothingness desperately reaching for any semblance of a point.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Particularly b/c like

Okay three scenarios:

- Jan is trying to keep font on the table as a mislynch because {Jan/Vaimes/fluff} is currently a winning lynch plan
    vs.
    - font is pocketing the shit out of me
    vs.
    - Scumteam is in Vaimes/fluff/beru (most likely Vaimes/fluff) and they're just laughing their asses off at us right now

3. fontisian

Really? What agenda would that be?

Mislynching town!Von with town!you and Gemma defending him. Defending my scum partner dc or pocketing him? Setting up unalignments because I'm certain town won't hit my partner in the next two Days? Oooh, or maybe I'm faking the whole thing so that if my partner is mislynched, I can win easily. Oh, but wait, who would that be again? Fluff, the guy I want to kill and who's predecessor buddied me? Von, who I'm trying to mislynch? dC or bears? Oh, yeah, my partner is probably in bears and gemma, and that's why I'm clearing them and pocketing the other. Please.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I think 2 is probably the least likely? But it's still, like

Likely ENOUGH to bug me. Especially now Gemma has voted font.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am not?

I thought fluff coming back into the thread and talking about being around all day and then being gone the second I ask him a question was more his townplay. (which is the thing I talked about earlier that I wanted to sit on)
    I wanted to wait a bit to see what he is doing.
    I agree with bears that fluff when he came back felt more towny, which is closer to his scumgame and annoying to play with for both himself and anyone who knows about it.

I think this game has a case of too many towns and I don't understand the reasons why youa re townread.

I ask the people in the poe for your reads on you so I can either get behind it or see if they are more likely partner with you are spewing you.
    Game is not that hard.

But yes you can just ignore all that and say I am not trying to solve. Sure.

6. fontisian

I mean, if it's von/bears, then Jan can blame himself for clearing Von since Day 1 and trying to cut off any pressure on him Today.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And I can blame you for clearing bears early. *shrug*

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    holy shit, this is a slapfight

Lynch: fluffiness

9. fontisian

Ok, in order.
    1. What the fuck are you talking about? How can you know that he's town because he disappeared and didn't just have to do shit irl/start a league game/whatever. And what about how he went into detail to respond to Gemma immediately?
    2. No, bears didn't say he seemed town, they said he was posting more, and that unfortunately is something he can feel more motivated to do as scum.
    3. Yeah, I'm guessing that's because you're scum. Like, at this point, town!Jan should know.
    4. Fair.
    5. One way, that has the side motivation of trying to mislynch me/potentially dc is not solving. That's what I would call "an agenda."
    --- Post automerged ---
    Eh fair.

I did do basically all the pushing against them early, so I'd accept half the blame you get.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

So when I think about my Jan read the main thing I go back to is the the way that he's treated me this game. Some of this is stuff that only Jan/fonti/Reg would really be able to understand I think but it might be at least partially understandable to other people as well. Essentially if he's mafia here then he's been going out of his way to use a bunch of personal stuff against me in order to make this game very unenjoyable for me and I have more respect for Jan as a person than to think that that's what's going on.

There are some things like his late-night posting where Regfan came in and dropped a wall at him where he just seems legitimately tilted at me, then also raging at Regfan and while I wouldn't necessarily put that out of his scumrange I don't think it's an avenue he'd be interested in exploring in this game if he were mafia. I think that can be said of pretty much his entire tunnel on me throughout the game.

On top of that I think the way that he's struggled with that tunnel and seemed to want to fight against it but keeps slipping back into and feels more or helpless about it all just seems extremely real and again I don't think that he goes so far out of his way to do this if he's mafia. It's an exhausting way to tunnel someone and it's seemed to legitimately affect his enjoyment of the game as well.

And I go back to his early push on me and think if he were mafia there it would've played out differently. The angles he took there and the way he moved into it then kind of weakly backed out of it without really doing much with it I think don't make a lot of sense if he's decided to try to push me there to delay me getting towncred and I don't think any of it actually looks good if he's playing for that angle either; maybe he's outleveled me on that point and was intentionally playing in a ridiculous manner but I don't think that's what's going on there. The read actually flowed pretty naturally I think even if it was fueled by weird feelings towards me.

My concerns with Jan is that he's just not really put out any reasoning for his reads pretty much all game and his activity has been pretty much entirely oriented around treating people super weirdly, bordering on gaslighting at times and I just don't know what he's doing this game at all if he's town. I've voted him here mostly just to see what pops out, but what triggered it is that I think the way he came out today was feeling almost too intentional in terms of his tunneling weirdness which is making me doubt the read as stated in the first paragraph here. Think his most recent posts though do away with much of those concerns?

Pretty sure he's basically just always town here. (That's your tl;dr Vaimes.)

11. fontisian

If it's not obvious, I am seriously pissed at you for undermining the Von thing, and I don't see why you would do something so dumb and anti-town as town. The scum explanation, that you're looking to pocket Von and push town, makes so much more sense.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    like to elaborate you both transitioned way too fast into being mad at the other person for fucking up your townplans.

13. fontisian

Listen. The personal stuff is something that he felt regardless of alignment, and you shouldn't judge him as a person or a player off it. aslighting is a good word for it. Jan is an emotion based player, and much of his play will be based on his mood more than his alignment.

That said, I agree that some of his early push on you and the way he felt stuck on it felt town. But he was stuck on it and on me and on waco being town when there was /no/ reason to believe that and on Von and everything too much.

I want to kill Fluff first. I can make a case against Kalas if necessary. But I think if Fluff is mafia, Jan needs to die. And if fluff isn't, everyone can panic tomorrow.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah, there's no "plan" of his that I could have fucked up. He messed up mine, and he knew he was doing, and this is why I flipped out in the first place.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well I think Fluff isn't mafia, and is currently seeing if a font/dC world fits.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Gemma will likely listen to you on the matter of von because you are known to be able to read him.
    You have every excuse to be wrong because of his moving situation, which means even if it is not the game ending lynch you might survive the next day.

If you misslynch me first then you have easier lynches anyway, because I am the only one trying to look into the poe to clear people.

All you are doing is clearing gemma and bears all over again and keeping everyone else in the poe.

If you are town. Look at the PoE with open eyes instead of doing chartwork to clear gemma and bears, who not even I am pushing on at this point.

You only need 2 misslynches total this game if you are scum. So the whole "certain town won't hit my partner in the next two days" is pointless.

And like .. the reason I am not going for overall unaligned pairs is because there are two scum this game.
    If you are wrong on a single unaligned pair then you will never find the partner and there is only 1 misslynch left.
    I am fine calling unaligneds when I have a strong case for a single pair. And I did that earlier.
    But I won't go through the thread and look at the smallest indications add them up and hope it wasn't a scumteam that decided to interact a little bit and be slightly distanced.

16. fontisian

And Jan, I need an answer to number 1 in 1189 asap, thank.

Fluff, I could tell you why it's pretty clearly not a thing, but I'd prefer you actually do the work.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Imo it does, their reads on each other here esp. dC -> fonti don't make a lot of sense.

Sorry still busy don't really have time to respond to stuff.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

The more I look the more ridiculous fonti is re: Vaimes.

He's town, so Jan should push him and hope he mplodes and dies? :sherlock:

Vote fonti

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    People with a lot of font experience keep saying that to me like I should have that same experience >_>

In MY experience, people who act the way font is acting this game are town. Is this not true for you in general, or not true for you WRT font?

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I didn't?
    I made you call him scum. Now you can actually pressure him if you think he is scum.

You calling him town but willing to misslynch him is pointless.

If you are town then you can thank me later.

P.S. No one cares about my von read anyway.