1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Thank god.

Deadline is in 15 hours.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (Thank god you're here, that is.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    (To combo-break me.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    dC I need you to reevaluate on fonti.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    15 hours should be fine, that's...yeah, like 3PM my time. Assuming nothing terrible happens at work I can be visible at that time.

Me reevaluating on fonti is more or less a case of me changing my mind about what fonti's behaviour signifies. I've only seen her as scum once or twice and I don't think she was ever this loud and forward (my main memory is Cathunt and my main memory of that is-)

...hmm. She DID do a weird disappearing thing in the middle of that game, which was both mechanically bold (town advice was "don't vanish") and probably the reason why she was so quiet (was missing for a whole day). I'd forgotten about that.

Still though, I dunno. I don't think font/fluff is that likely based on EOD1? Or, like, it's wine on "scum wouldn't do that"?

I'm not convinced it's a huge deal right this second given fluff is like 95% mafia anyway, although I got burned on that thinking yesterday when DLP went down overnight and I couldn't reread :v

...wait.

WAIT.

Jan's logic for "font's anti-align thing isn't impressive" was font reread overnight which indicates being confident that she wouldn't die.

font COULDN'T have reread overnight because the forums were down!

...fuck, I think that makes me feel BETTER on font.

why exactly do you need me to reevaluate, anyway?

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Because she's mafia.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Am distracted atm sorry, rereading thread still (nearly done), juggling like 5 different reads and playing scrabble with Reg.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...not right this second, it's late at night, but how do I get involved with this scrabble? :V

Anyway, if you can contextualize why she's willing to go out on a limb to such a huge degree as scum that's an argument I wouldn't mind having? Like, the main strike against her as mafia FMPOV is how forwardly she's playing the game.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

There was meant to be a question mark there lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What limb?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Uh are you going back to this powerlynching Waco thing?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Dude this post is so fucking bad why do you do this to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Um. How is fluff 95% mafia? Did you drop a case on him somewhere that I missed?

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    it's almost midnight and I'm posting everything that pops into my head, is the answer to basically all of your posts

and here's your fluff case: basically his only contribution to the game is sniping at someone I know is town (me) and promising activity that never actually happens. He claims to want me dead but is completely failing to try to actually make it a reality.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So his behaviour, to the extent that it even exists given how little he's participating, reads like hanging back and hoping I get run over instead of him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh. Also the limb includes the Waco thing but also includes stuff like all these anti-align commitments and picking a fight with Jan. It's high profile play, is what I'm saying.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (high-profile and narrows down what worlds she's allowed to try and push.
    ...although come to think of it, her anti-aligns pretty much all win her the game if she's scum, but that's par for the course given everyone's internal world is "I'm town")

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

fonti's mafia play is literally the epitome of high profile play
    --- Post automerged ---
    Meh ok maybe I hate the post less if it's you just thoughtvomiting.

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi.

Am I allowed into Australians Anonymous?

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I can already feel the heat incoming, but I had this thought while listening to music on my way home from the swim and priorities have to be set.
    At least Fonti should appreciate this.

The election of day 2 :
    Von :
    Talk less!
    Smile more!
    Don't let the know what you're against or what you're for!
    Shake hand with him!
    Charm her!
    It's day two, ladies, tell your husbands: vote* for
    Von!

Dc :
    I don't like Fluff

Fonti :
    Well he's gonna lose, that's just defeatist.

Gemma :
    And Jan

Others :
    He's playing weird.

Yeah, he's not the sweetest.

Fonti, Jan :
    I like that Von / Vaimes

Gemma :
    I can't believe we're here with him!

Fluff :
    He seems approachable ..?

Jan :
    Like you could grab a beer with him!

*voting in this case means being townread. The original is about running for election.

I should have added bears, but I was not certain about their read on some people (vaimes) at this point.
    Deal with it.

I think Von is town. Like .. there is a certain detachement that is annoying as fuck, but I am the wrong person to blame anyone for that and it is more rooting in the gamesize combined with people being around when he is online.

He feels just like Von should feel.
    He can fake some of the good mood, but he feels unafraid in his oppinions.

Will try to look at fonti/dc alignment things now.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

YES

HI VAIMES HI

I LOVE YOU I LOVE YOU HI

WHAT IS YOUR READ ON DC

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Hi!
    Do you want something that is not me looking at dc/fonti?

About to do that, but we can talk before.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    actually you know what sure I'll go along with a font lynch

I haven't exactly made up my mind, but in my imagination Reg is screaming in deadchat because I'm doing EXACTLY the same thing I did in my last game with him (i.e. ignore a townie performing a correct push on scum in my blind spot), although without the extra "that townie is Reg and also I got him lynched the previous day" bonus points. I REALLY don't want to make that mistake in a second game with Reg, it was bad enough the first time around.

And since this makes like two separate people saying this is font's style of scumplay, sure. It's one I haven't encountered frequently enough to spot, and in fact it's made up of a bunch of things I treat as towntells, but I can believe you and Jan I guess. I had a brief look at that minimafia Jan linked in the interim and it sorta lines up, although I did only skim it.

I still think fluff should die first, but at the same time if I'm gonna ding my font read there's more room for, like. fluff to be wacov2 and lynching him to actually be stupid.

Protip: Apply this mantra to basically any of my posts you hate. It's why I kept using terminology you didn't understand: it made sense to ME.
    --- Post automerged ---
    brb

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Jan readslist pls
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: fontisian

Let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    actually wait thought

fonti's stance D1 on Waco lynch was "reevaluate if he's town"

I treated the anti-align dealiewhatsits as fulfilling this, but like

The usual implication of that is "look at the world in light of this person being town, because I assumed they were scum"

And that kind of

didn't happen at all?

Like, she didn't seem particularly shaken by her "I'm going to threaten a no lynch to make sure this person dies" read turning out to be town, like at all.

That's kind of icky, now I think about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I'm actually ducking off for a bit now, I'm not gonna vote until I get back)

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'd kill him before font. :V

Are you feeling okay?

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Gemma
    Vaimes

Bears

DC
    Fonti
    Fluff

Die someone ask for a boring list?

I am unsure about the order on the bot 3.

I think fluff/fonti is unlikely for the d1 stuff i mentioned.

I am about to look at DCs late d1 push on fonti.

Bears d1 was lacking, but I will first look through alignments between dc/fluff and dc/fonti before I look at anything including bears.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did not die .. the was a freudian slip. Sorry!

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hey Jan

You have fonti #2 scumread again

Like before

De-ja-fucking-vu man

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I can put her on #1 for you. The bot three and not actually sorted.

I think fonti and fluff are likely unaligned.

Which technically means I should just vote DC, but I want to look at things before I push that world.

Being wrong on dC might lose the game depending on the scumteam.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ok so

I've just finished my reread of the thread.

Vaimes/Beru are always always town here.

Think dC is basically just town here. Not as lock as Vaimes/Beru but strong. His play this dayphase has been super super villagery and it's at a point now where like, I don't think there are enough levels here for me to scumread him. That + Reg feeling really comfortable with him I think he's just town.

Think fluff is /probably town/, I've had no issues with his posts today tbh.

And when I go back through what Jan has done without taking the emotional stuff into account it's a lot of... shading people, doing not a lot to actually solve, think if I am less generous than I have been then objectively his play is just very wolfy.

And I think the way that font/Jan have interacted makes a huge amount of sense with them being wolves. They've been slapfighting yeah but that's exactly their MO, they've never really put serious pressure on each other and there's been very little substance behind their reads on each other.

font again today is pushing someone else instead of Jan while vaguely calling Jan mafia or conditionally mafia and I just don't think it's real at all. And there's just a ton about her play here that makes so much sense as mafia and little sense as town. Her progression on dC is really bad and she's playing exactly how she needs to to win as a wolf here.

There's a ton of stuff if you go through fonti/Jan joint ISO's that's just them emptily distancing without making it go anywhere and imo that reads as pretty aligned to me taking into account how both these players are together.

Think it's font/Jan and I'm taking that to the bank with the lynch today.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So yeah this is the point where you tell me I'm crazy if I'm crazy thanks.