1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Disney Princess Mafia: The Revenge

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Vira, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm kinda just popcorn'ing while waiting for font to show up and Convince You to move your vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    actually what sold you on a bear? You were like "they're my mason!" followed by "hey vaimes ruru is weird yeah??" and now we're back to them being town

was there a post I missed

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Jan I'm sorry I know I said I wanted to talk to you and I still do I'm just super super distracted rn, give me like, half an hour to an hour? Ish?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

actually, hm

if I squint I can see the whole distancing-vs-actual-pressure thing they've got going on

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Nah I have my worlds figured out here, only thing making me doubt this is how fucking wolfy dC's readflip on font here is. There aren't any worlds for Beru to be mafia pretty much, their play today hasn't really been wolfy just bad, tbh I haven't had time to seriously reread on them but just went over their day 1 play and felt better about them again? Wasn't ever wolfreading them today just "they're weird and feel like I might need to reassess".
    --- Post automerged ---
    And um, their lack of being around today is explainable if they did just lose their WIM?

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    If that mid-D2 font/Jan fight was w/w I'm gonna be pretty darn impressed.

Also disappointed in fluff/Koalas slot for being lame.

But yeah, I'm looking back at D2 and font gives like less than zero fucks about Waco flipping town when her D1 kind of suggests it should be hugely shaking up her view of the game.

Look, real talk, I have a terrible habit of latching onto a few things someone does and clearing them for it. Not even super towny things, like...well, the pertinent example here is "being overly aggressive". It's made worse by the fact that it's USUALLY fine because if I do it to a random person there's ~75% odds they're town anyway.

What snapped me out of it this time is that the thing that we don't talk about WRT Reg was me doing this with scum!Fable despite his best efforts to get me to realize Fable was scum, with an end result of me basically giving up at f4.

So the readflip is essentially "I am actually thinking about fonti as possible scum rather than dismissing that train of thought with 'but thing X, thing Y, and thing Z!'". That, and I think I would really regret causing Reg's ghost to yell at me a second time.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Where was my brain at. Hm.

I'm looking at how they've been sort of been dancing around each other, in a way that's a lot of barking but no votes or pushes, and at the absolute least I can see one mafia being between them, because I think it's more likely than not that if they were both town they'd be able to come to that conclusion on each other, with how often they play together. Could be underestimating their ability to Not Pick A Fight but welp :V

but I don't know about a font/Jan team. For one, they're doing this /toDay/, think that if they were a team and wanted to distance it would have been set in motion a lot earlier to look less...blatant. For another, they're basically ruining each other's towncred and not even guaranteed to survive to endgame if one flips scum.

so my thing, Gemma, is that I see what you're saying Jan is doing, and I see what you're saying font is doing, and how these things are happening at the same time-ish, but I'm having trouble coming out of it thinking "the scumteam is Jan/font"

fake edit hi dC
    --- Post automerged ---
    also dislike how easily fluff was dismissed :V

especially since toDay should have revolved around him a bit more in general, as a replacement, and as a player notorious for favoring the sidelines
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh my god I forgot we could HIGHLIGHT TEXT and REPLY to it

Vaimes is thumbs up

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You may note that my vote has not changed :V

If you mean, like, dismissed as something to interact with over the course of the day, I think the reason for that is basically "involving him would slow the game to a crawl while we wait for him to respond"

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was talking about Gemma dismissing him in her last readspost with the font/Jan scumteam reasoning.

you silly

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    but like tbh if font is scum the obvious motivation for her d1 play was rescuing Koalas from the CFD. If I'm not discounting that for being too brazen then I'm sure as hell not discounting it for "font might have just saved another townie for teh wine!!!"
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh.

Yeah I probably read my own "why have we barely talked about fluff" thoughts into that.

...my reading comprehension has been below par today, I think.
    --- Post automerged ---
    sigh

actually

people with font meta: What's more likely, scum!font digging her heels in to keep the lynch off a second town, or scum!font digging her heels in to keep the lynch off a scumbuddy?

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm having flashbacks to when font and her team purposefully made EoD1 as chaotic as possible so that town would No Lynch

so

I mean if she saves a random towny but lynches another she 1) still gets her mislynch and 2) can point back and say "I saved a person and they're not my partner!!" if that same towny gets lynched down the line.

vOv

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    plus I guess there's exactly what's happening now where the other townie gets dragged to hell with her.

Actually this sort of "defending scummy town" thing is something I do with semi-frequency as scum...it's just been a while since I actually rolled scum.

also it sounds like you're describing THIS game with that EOD1 comment, honestly.

Bah. Fine. I will lock in the "dC is stupid but listening to smarter people finally" vote and Lynch: fontisian
    --- Post automerged ---
    although I still like

am not sure on Jan vs. fluff?

It's close enough that I'd rather just ignore it for now.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote font

whee
    --- Post automerged ---
    I...don't really want to ignore it. :I

it's okay, we can move our votes back in several hours once font has yelled at us
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would like to request one (1) bear for delivery.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    By "ignore" I mean "not resolve today", I guess?

Like obviously it can't be ignored long term, but with fluff MIA I'm not sure what to realistically DO about it at this point.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I mean. He could be a wolf? His progression on font from scumreading her when I voted her to waffle-y townreading her is pretty bad? Kalas wasn't exactly amazing? I'm certainly not going to defend him at all here. Also not going to spend my last day alive just sitting back and lazylynching him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Lmao <3
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll go over worlds and stuff tomorrow to make sure wherever we lynch we have the game as locked as possible, too busy/distracted atm.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh

[​IMG]

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't quite understand your point re: setting up the distancing earlier Vaimes. It's been happening since the very start, Jan kind of orienting his play around font being scum, never really pushing her, tinfoiling worlds where random villagers are mafia with font, just looks exactly how I'd imagine Jan to distance from a partner and it's right from the start?

Think the setup is them never ever being wolves together? Do you not think that's something they'd go for? I don't think they ever intend to lynch each other here if they're wolves, hence the thing of font always being Jan's #2 scumread, font calling Jan mafia without lynching him, etc.

It's not the /only/ explanation but I don't think it's an unrealistic one? If you think it is then detail how etc.? My ears and mind are open.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hm Jan bailed I guess this means he doesn't want to talk to me :(

Me scumreading him might make the conversation too stressful for him I guess?

Sadface
    --- Post automerged ---
    Btw Jan I swore in that post but it wasn't negative emotion.

I think your progression on dC and fluff is pretty bad and I don't think it makes sense for you to have fluff as top scumread after you kinda approximately liked Kalas and more or less the same for fluff. You liked both for very bizarrely specific and stretchy reasons. Yet you've been tunneled on font scum all game. So for your reads to be where they are and you now considering pushing dC and fluff over font uh, doesn't make me feel super good about you.

Unsure if you really want explanations from me here but vOv
    --- Post automerged ---
    Am going to sleep goodnight.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I swear when I'm very relaxed, is what I meant by not negative emotion. It's not me swearing at you it's just me feeling chill.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    @his fluffiness thoughts?

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Argh got forced to play league with some fun videomafia people for a while.
    Was a good time .. but siphoned a couple of hours and energy.

Will continue with the DC iso now-ish.

And Gemma you don't even know my progression on fluff if that is your assessment of my read.

I thought that I saw a towntell from fluff early which fonti then dismantled. His play later on felt closer to his scumplay when he returned to the thread on friday.
    Everything else was pretty much *shrug*.

DC I am looking at right now. You sayingI am not thinking about DC and fluff over font.
    I am checking if DC and font are unaligned right now.

If the answer is no, then sure kill fonti.
    If the answer is yes then move on to fluff/dc.

If the answer is no then I will vote one of them. (most likely fluff in case I am wrong on the fonti/koalas d1 thing)
    If the answer is yes, then I will have to recheck fonti/fluff.

If the answer is yes then .. fuck me there is scum in the towncircle.
    If the answer is no then yaay!

It is not hard to understand what I am doing. The hard part is fighting the exhaustion right now.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Ftr I don't think font/fluff is ever a world. font making the push she did on Waco is below level for font imo if her partner is fluff and bussing fluff here in the way that she is doesn't make much sense either with her claim; she's going to have to mislynch 2-3 times without dying while being a claimed PR and that doesn't seem realistic at all. That's bad scum play and font's not bad.

Go back to Reg's soft unaligned read there from day 1 as well and I think you have more than sufficient reasoning to just put font/fluff as basically never wolves together.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You're welcome!
    --- Post automerged ---
    PS uh, I don't honestly see how this isn't just you transparently avoiding fonti here?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Trying p hard not to tilt you here so, let me know if I'm failing at that.

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am calm as a cucumber. Mostly because I am too exhausted to feel anything else.

Just annoyed because fonti and I wanted to do something when she gets back home from family time .. and I just now it won't happen today or will be reduced to us hanging out 10 minutes.
    Which is understanable but still annoying.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

And yeah I'm going back rereading dC's readflip on font here and not really finding it as wolfy as it felt at first. All of his thoughts on this page around that and with Vaimes and the way he's looking at the game here just come across as extremely genuine. Don't think he could manage to pull off those posts with that level of nuance as mafia and not seeming shy about it all either unless he's on fonti/Jan level of scum play. I could be super pocketed but I think dC is actually just town here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Glad to hear <3

Not about the exhaustion, that sucks.
    (But I'm glad you're exhausted because you had a full and enjoyable day and not other reasons.)
    --- Post automerged ---
    My read on dC is actually /slightly/ irrelevant though as I'm pretty confident that the game is locked as long as we follow a set lynch order here that hits all worlds, which I'll talk about later.