1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Is Ron an asshole?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jenko, Feb 9, 2017.

1. DR

DR Secret Squirrel –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This is really funny when read in conjunction with your sig.

But seriously, why does this thread still exist?

2. TheLazyReader

TheLazyReader Groundskeeper

They're nice, and Harry did a number on them. You should see what he did with Amelia's though.

3. DR

High Score:
    That's disgusting, she's dead.

Why has no one brought up the inevitable three-way with Daphne?

4. TheLazyReader

Yeah... Harry didn't exactly mean for that to happen. What can he say, she said she liked it rough.

5. Sey

Sey Not Worth the Notice DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Daphne deserve better.

6. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I'm not sure how it ends, but I know it involves:

1. Tonks
    2. Voyeurism
    3. Watch 'er, Harry!

Edit:

It also involves Tonks making herself look like Daphne, except the 'grass' is (Slytherin) green.

7. Moldy

Moldy First Year

High Score:
    You know, I am not around this forum so much and I understand that people who are longer and are more into Harry Potter can be bored by this discussion, but what is your problem?

Is anyone pointing a gun at you and forcing you to read this thread under the threat of killing you? I suppose no and there are millions of things that you can do in your time instead of reading this thread and moaning how boring it is. Why not do one of these millions of things if you already know that you are sick and tired of this sort of discussion?

I also see plenty of threads on other forums that have discussions in which I have long lost interest, but I don’t go on around moaning like a child how much I am personally bored by them and calling people who participate names. I just ignore them. These people may be interested in those discussions right now and they have every right to be interested in it whether or not I am interested in those discussions at the moment as well.

Let me tell you something as it seems no one has ever broken the sad truth to you. People can discuss whatever they like and they are not on this world to please you, hence they are not obliged to make discussions interesting to you. The world does not revolve around you.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  8. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The thing about the internet is that we can complain about things that don't matter.

This thread is kept alive on the strength of (probably) one person's retardation who keeps making throwaway accounts to shitpost. It contributes considerably less to the forum than a discussion on the holistic health benefits that come from motorboating Susan Bones' tits.

If you want to take someone to task about their post content, you should probably consider growing your e-peen first posting more than thirty times in a year and a half.

Sey
  9. Moldy

Moldy First Year

High Score:
    People can moan as much as they want for all I care. I have no idea how it helps them to deal with trolls or solves the problem, but it is their choice. I replied specifically to a person who resorted to name calling for a reason.

I think that I don’t need more posts to point out to someone who resorts to name calling like a bully to tell them that this is an awful behaviour.

10. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I suppose you'd say that, since you still haven't stopped moaning.
    You clearly need more of something to realize that you're a moron.
    It helps because it just might get you to fuck off.

11. Moldy

Moldy First Year

High Score:
    I have merely pointed out someone’s awful behaviour, because it was mean and I dislike bulling. Calling out bad behaviour is not moaning.

By the way I am not getting annoyed and moaning that there are people in this world who have a different opinion from my own. I can argue with them and present my arguments and point of view. I am not such an unhappy and insecure person who needs to resort to name calling.
    On the other hand, it seems that you need to realize that calling someone moron is mean and a form of bulling. Fortunately, I know what you are saying is untrue and since I have uncommonly thick skin, I don’t care about you opinon in the slightest. You can think what you want, your opinion is not a fact.
    Do you think that I am this troll? Do you have any hard evidence that can prove that I am this troll you imagine me to be? I can assure you that I have no more than this one account in this forum.

12. buzzer

buzzer Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Come on mate this,
    is hardly bullying.

13. Moldy

Moldy First Year

High Score:
    If this ended after this one comment and one time name calling, I could actually agree that bullying is too big of a word, but adding to this other users’ (vlad’s friends?) comments in which they jumped in on the train telling me that for some strange reason I should have more post to have to be able to call someone out for their bad behaviour and especially with Republic resorting to further name calling and telling me to fuck off, I don’t see a problem calling what is going on here bullying.

If some people here have a such big problem with other people having a different opinion, basic politeness and with the newcomers/users who do not post so often wanting to discuss, God forbid, things in which, those who are here longer and are more active, are no longer interested, then I think it might be one of the reasons why this forum is rather dead. A toxic atmosphere does not usually appear overnight, it usually is in motion for a longer time.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  14. Conquistador

Conquistador High Inquisitor

High Score:
    @Moldy If you really think that you are being bullied, you are more than welcome to leave. A characteristic of DLP is thick skin. While some of the above posters were annoyed, they said everything they said in (relatively) good nature. A lit bit of name calling won't hurt anyone.

And if you are somehow hurt by it, you deserve it. Cause man, you need to toughen up!

15. TheLazyReader

It's only bullying if you let them silence you.

16. James

James Unspeakable

17. Moldy

Moldy First Year

High Score:
    Don’t worry. I don’t care about random users’ opinion on the Internet about me in the slightest.

By the way, it is hard to tell if someone’s name calling is good natured, as you said, form the written word alone, as the non-verbal communication is lost.

However, even in IRL I would rather not call someone who I don’t know very well a moron or noobspergz, since it may be very easily misinterpreted. I also wonder if these users would have the guts to tell someone they hardly know something like this IRL. I suppose that not necessarily and they may be only so courages on the Internet. The smallest dogs always bark the loudest.

18. DR

High Score:
    Now, don't be hurtful.

19. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Huge if true.

Confirmed, vlad is center of everyone's world.

Except Revan. Fuck that guy amirite!?!?

In all seriousness, chill out dude. It wasn't bullying. It was an oldtimer making a 'kids these days' kinda comment, combined with a boob joke. I didn't call you out by name because why the hell would I, and by your own criteria, it wasn't bullying (which is good, because otherwise your criteria would be retarded and I'd have to encourage everyone to bullycide you).

And for the record, I don't have any problem with threads that won't die. I just wish one of the threads that wouldn't die would be about Susan Boenz ;_: She's a good girl deserves better from the fandom imo. Especially after that thing in third year - you know, the one with Hannah, Harry, and the Boombslang skin behind Greenhouse 2.

20. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

This entire thread is a tire fire.