1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Jokes on you.

So did I!

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    That's us.
    Lurkers.

3. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

So uhm, the wall following “ignore my case for a bit” makes me think you dont /really/ want my opinion, moreso my agreement.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’ll still read shadow in a bit though, ‘cos why not.

4. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

@Jan: without even looking I know you didn’t get all of them because Newcomb definitely responded to Cobalt with a gif. And to Tom with a couple of spoilered ones.
    Regardless, “reasonably high” turns out to be like 7, so sure, in an 800 post game not that many, they just stuck with me more than most of what he’s posted this game, and I thinks that’s notable.

@Waco: Talk to me about you Lump posts; do you actually believe you put as much effort into it as you could have? Why did you take issue with me calling you out but not with Cobalt?
    As far as looking at other games to look at your meta, that’s not me. I’ve done it in the past once or twice, but I don’t read old games for the purpose of current games if I can help it, I don’t like doing it, and it’s not conducive to playing in the current game. So tell me about your meta, what do you do specifically as town that you’re doing here?

@Fonti: What evaluation did I make that was opposite to Delphine?

@tom: are you intentionally ignoring my question?

@Newcomb: Do you think you would make a bad lump recipient?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey Jari, what’s your current read on Waco?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This doesn't include me being the post merging master this game so there were a lot more because I wound up posting when nobody was around.

zzz
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jan you missed a few, including this one.

Newcomb has literally not addressed a single point I've made against him this entire game.

And his push on shadow is jesus toasting at BEST, scum drawing focus at worst.

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm going to ignore the quotes you collected, because it's literally the opposite of what you're asking me to do. :V

Before I look at his posts: as someone who has played with shadow the most out of anyone else currently in this game (with the posssible exception of tom; I ignore MTGS micros for the most part so idk how much shadow plays them), I have a loose idea of his play. I say loose because I do a lot of floating around in games and don't really pay anything any special attention. :V But what I do know is that I fully expected him, as scum, to seamlessly insert himself into the game and be very hard to catch. So seeing him almost immediately get a lot of flack is ??? in a vacuum, I'd say "town who kinda stuck his foot in his mouth because new site"

I know he replaced into a scumslot close to endgame in something or other here but I'm not counting that.

That being said, I think he's doing okay. I didn't have an issue with his Waco beef since I keep bouncing back between "he's full of it" and "the strong campaign is towny??"; I don't reeeally follow Newcomb's case being like...a mindset slip or something. Like I can process the words and understand it, but for me the whole "this is more likely to come from a scum mindset" is where I hit a brick wall. I thought it made more sense the way Gemma described it earlier.

As for him trying to find town and scum, shrug. He's talked about people he likes and doesn't like, he has his votes placed, and now he's dealing with pressure. Could be a playstyle difference or a site meta difference.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's his playstyle, my guy.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think the only way he'd address scumreads on him directly is if he ended up at L-1 tbh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah @Newcomb I'm reading your explanation and don't really see it that way at all. I can understand "he has this read of me and he's trying to make it fit," if that's a good way to tl;dr it.

How would you rate your feelings about this particular point, from 1/meh to 10/slam dunk? Because I don't at all get the feeling from reading the reasoning behind your vote that you believe in it, which I admit could be attributed to me being dumb.

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    It's definitely me. We've been scum together thrice including one as a hydra

And this is sort of similar to my read actually. Don't think scumshadow let's himself get this bogged down wrt newcomb/waco.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Vaimes then you better not mind when I continue to push him until he does something actually productive and not attention diverting.

10. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Can confirm newcomb is not gonna engage with scumreads of himself.

I do that sometimes too really pisses off a moderate percentage of people.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

[​IMG]
    As long as you know what you're getting into.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Changes:
    - Gemma is bumped up to green
    - shadow goes up a bit
    - Waco and mal demoted to yellow
    - dC and Jarizok should honestly just be yellow but...I like them slightly less than the rest of that group vOv
    - Delphine is someone I think I need to reread on at least four separate occasions to feel comfortable placing...anywhere...the yellow is just a cop-out; that'll be my homework tomorrow

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

How, as scum, would he have not let himself get bogged down here?

13. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

Oh good -_-

14. fontisian

Bruh. Lump. How to use lump. I explained this with the question.

15. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Alright, I'm feeling much better today. Time to go make up for my complete failure to achieve anything of note so far.

Starting on: Vaimes (I'm lazy and he's right there).
    - First thing to note: almost 80 posts. That's like his entire post count for Princess, on D1. And noticeably more posting than I've seen from him as scum.
    - Tone/meta impression is strongly NOT like the three scumgames I have played with him. He gets nervous in those and hides it by clamming up. He is not doing that here.
    - He talks about rolling a town role he quite likes. Obviously scum can lie about this but I kind of think scum!Vaimes specifically wouldn't think to. The post about why he's posting so much (#245) just feels pure.
    - Overall he feels very free-flowing in a way I don't associate with scum!Vaimes (who can manage it for single posts but not as a play thread)

Lynch votes: Me, Newcomb, fontisian, Waco, Jarizok. Not notably angling for a mislynch, pushing a number of unconventional targets.
    Verdict: Probably town. This is a meta read, but if it wasn't he'd be town for different reasons (a.k.a. not giving a shit how he's perceived)

16. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I get that you were referring to lump, but I’m just not sure how I came to the opposite conclusion of Delphine; I most certainly agree that using it as a scum hunting tool is incredibly useful, I also think that lumping Tom is a very good way to make sure Tom isn’t a big ??? in end game, these aren’t mutually exclusive thoughts.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

wow you arrived just in time to watch me go to bed

._.
    --- Post automerged ---
    oops that was at dC

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    By moving on?

Not sure how to answer this...

Just think sticking longer is a sign of it being real

19. fontisian

Putting your lump on one person for meta reasons and not moving it does not constitute using it as a scum hunting tool.

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Next up: fontisian
    - She's distinctly unafraid to call out stuff she wants to question. I want to say "font would be confident scum" but my source on that is scum!Jan from Princess so >_>
    - I note that her ISO first half is mostly just niggling queries, while the second half is more substantial. This feels kinda like "winding up"? In a towny sense? If that makes any sense to anyone?
    - The thing with dumping a huge case on mal and then shuffling over to Jari after Jari "TMI's mal town" is notable. Particularly as she later proposes lynching mal again. If there wasn't an intervening tonal hop off Jari I'd be super >_> about this, but even so it's weird that she's asserting TMI and then backing off it so easily.
    - Overall behaviour around Jari is inconsistent in a way I wouldn't generally associate with scum (it looks like trying to evaluate his alignment rather than forgetting her own positions or trying to get something specific to happen). My only grouse is that it's kinda quick for that.

Lynch votes: mal, Jarizok, shadow. This kinda concerns me in the sense that her play feels more wide-ranging than this and play not matching up with lynch votes is...kinda meh? Like that plus these people all NOT being in font's self-stated "not D1 lynch fodder" list means I can see a play line where she's angling at a D1 mislynch (although if Jari/shadow are actually scum I think this goes away; not so much mal due to the weirdness sliding off him), although it's kinda weird with the town note on Jari's salt in #675.

Verdict: More attention required. Middle of the pack, I think. Strong energy but a bunch of weird niggling inconsistencies. This reminds me of Portal 2 bearsquared, who was scum, which is mildly concerning.

...actually font is a surprisingly good lump candidate now. I think if she's on the level she'll be quite strong with it, but I would quite like to be able to trust her. I'll see how I feel about this after checking out everyone else, but in the meantime:

Lump: font

sad_air_horn.mp2