1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Explain?

2. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

So ..

My locktown right now are

Cobalt
    Vaimes
    Gemma

T2- townreads

Newcomb
    dichotomousCreator

Either town or should be able to clear themself via play soon-ish (T3 - reads)

Stanari (r. Delphine)
    Waco Kid

I don't have a scumread on them

Fontisian
    Tom

Leaves :

Jarizok
    Asmo
    Shadowlancer (r. Silvercrys)

I basically can't push asmo as a fresh sub.

I don't think there is scum in the top5.

I thinkStanari if scum will be fairly obvious on d2.
    She made some posts today that made me scratch my head, but nothing actually condeming.

I don't want to lynch fonti d1 unless I have a scumread on her.

Tom feels towny, but he could fool me.

Leaves Jari and Shadowlancer.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And sometimes consensus wagons are there because scum are either willing to bus a weak partner or will push the paranoia about wagons being consensus-y.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

That's kind of my point, yes.
    I agree with all of that except I'm not quite there on Gemma. I can see why you are, I just don't really have a sense of her enough as a player to really just blind-sheep a read like that.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    aaaaa.jpg

5. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

I also, uh. Idk man I've thought at several points in this game that dC has crossed from Too Wolfy To Be A Wolf to Wait, No, Actually Just A Wolf.

Gun to my head he's town, but. Idk if I'd lock that one in.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I rememeber making a post d1 about their interaction feeling like weak ass distancing.

I ate so much shit for that read on d1 while half the town wanted to lynch me.

And then dC suicided in the end.
    Good times.

7. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Lump: Shadowlancer

Unless people feel like pushing it my way, at least we'll get the red check on him

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah - I get that is a very me read. The only person who might agree is fonti, but she had a townread on gemma before so it doesn't matter too much.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah some of his thoughts have felt really out there in a way I am just not used from dC.

It is like seeing this calm dude that you have known and respected for a good time and then he opens his mouth and you realize he is a flat earther.

[​IMG]

The fact that this is addressed to "bob" makes it even better (*hint* fontis favourite gif *hint*).
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am not sure if you should vote to lynch and vote to lump the same person, but that might just be me.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Gotta go. Keeping it where I’m at. Don’t do anything dumb.

10. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

Am aware, just want to make sure he wins one of them, unless I'm getting lump

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

How exactly are you this sure he is always scum and there is no world in that your are v/v and just had a bad introduction to each other?

I get scumreading people .. but your conviction is more than that.

12. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    mm.

Like I said, my previous game ended an hour or two before this one started and I came out of it feeling like "I have to do something about D1"

I figured it'd be more interesting than the usual at least, and I guess it was? Like I don't necessarily regret trying, even if the net result was just I look really stupid and learn something about the game as a result.

I guess the underpinning point is I didn't understand WHY D1 always shakes out the way it does, just that it DID and that it seemed bad so I should try to change it.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It's like, vulnerable targets, uh, I guess it doesn't reflect that terribly on you but it's a bad lynch pool.

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Stupid read on the side:

If Shadow is scum then Fonti might be bussing him with the way she pushed the lump on him.
    Just good cred. Not a certain thing, but don't clear her for it.

If shadow is town then I think it is more likely for her to be town as well.
    It just removes a good poe lynch that I think she would need to win.

15. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

It’s like you’re trying to find an excuse to not scum read Waco while also scum reading me for....tone? Stan, come on.

16. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I don't have a ton of reads I'm feel strongly about right now. Shadow is one of them. If I'm right, them I know I'm on the right path. If I'm wrong, then I know I have to do a major re-evaluation to figure out the game. If he isn't lumped or checked (short of him being the N1 shot), it sets up to replay what has happened today all over again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Going to eat dinner, back in a bit

17. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    and I guess like

I kinda hate Jari's read whiplash on me in response to the vote? And like his total failure to do anything at dayend other than uselessly flail at me when I gave him an excuse to?

but I feel like I'm trying to talk myself into it, which is usually a bad sign :/

(OTOH it might be me undoing the whole "easy lynch" thing so I really don't know at this point)

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Skree.

Tell me why his lynch pool being bad reflects him not being town.

19. shadowlancerx

shadowlancerx Muggle

I skimmed waco’s Iso with what time I had. Saw some small differences between the games, but like, without a scum game for a baseline it’s not overly useful.

Like, Waco was pretty sure Fonti was scum in the Disney princess game, but didn’t do a whole lot of post quoting and saying “look here” whereas he’s done that with several of my posts this game.

He’s had several more instances in this game of going “off for the night” or the like that last game, which could amount to the paranoia of wanting people not to think he’s disappeared under pressure, but without going back to read context I’m not going to put a lot of stake in this.

Ugh, I’m kind of worried Newcomb is just scum that’s pushing this angle because we’re town/town. Not really anything to do with Waco’s play, but I just hate how he’s pushing this “always one scum between shadow/Waco” line.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m not even saying it does, I’m saying you look like you’re trying to come away with reasons he’s town, excusing this away and just ignoring the possibility.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If you're gearing up to fight me, you should just do that tbh. What possibilities am I ignoring?