1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

it has such a nice ring to it

2. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Who have i omgused exactly?

You and asmo I've been on since day 1, waco kinda omgused me for moving him down steadily but even now I'm not exactly scumreading him so much as thinking about him as a possibility.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Having trouble believing you think gemma just turned it on today. Her wim yesterday was very... not that.

And saying waco pushing me today looks good. How?
    --- Post automerged ---
    If this is scumvaimes' way of pocketing me...

Shit man you just said their paranoia is justified does that mean you're officially good at scum now?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Can I be "good" based on one game, where people didn't really care about me at all?

My post count gave it away, clear as a siren.
    --- Post automerged ---
    okay well

good talk

>_>

<_<

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Well golly gee Vaimes, I wonder why that could be? :V

Anyway point is that if asmo is scum he's more or less been immediately dumpstered by his buddy today.

asmo isn't even going after you so shrug on that, you're specifically saying me and Waco attacking you is scummy, and when you are only considering three people "considering someone" becomes a scumread.

And I seriously have very little memory of Gemma making substantial posts yesterday. Like, a couple bits of humor maybe? What are you referring to when you say her posting was good yesterday?

Waco pushing you is good because it's an unnecessary risk for scum!Waco, who just prods me (and possibly asmo if asmo is town). Or even, like, Vaimes if Vaimes is town as he tends not to snap at/scrutinize people scumreading him.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

[​IMG]

6. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    So vaimes has ~The same POE as me and I've just found him townie all game.
    And that's been enough while all the vaimes experts agreed.
    Most of them are gone now and Newcomb seems to be turning and idk maybe cobalt counts as a vaimes expert too so I should probably look again but like
    I just think he's town and have all along.

Feels like I'm in a holding pattern where I already did a bunch of solving in the shadowscum world yesterday and now I'm just waiting for the Newcomb info and maybe the Oracle info or whatever else is coming and for asmo to do anything and for waco to do something that isn't just kneejerk reactions to my out of context [not even a] push on him.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Jan
    Fonti

Newcomb
    Cobalt
    Vaimes
    Gemma
    Jari
    Waco
    Stanari
    DC
    Asmo
    Shadow

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm kinda confused because basically every PoE I've seen is more or less the same except with the poster at the top instead of <insert consensus location here>

So like

Either the scum aren't posting theories or they're going along with what town are doing?

I guess it's probably just the former and it's asmo + some quiet person, but ehhhhhhh.

(inb4 green check on me or asmo causes everyone to lose their shit)

8. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Like, I look at that rainbow and everything seems in control and nothing fills me with fear.
    Feels just one or two pieces of info from just being ~solved and that's probably hubris but I just want to wait for it. Which entirely defeats the purpose of waiting which I don't even disagree with but, like
    I'm good.

If he's got a red, awesome. 2 down.
    If he's got a town check on someone in the poe, great.
    If it's on me... great I guess. Doesn't really help my solving but being clear is cool.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Don't think they're THAT similar?
    Newcomb/cobalt/gemma consensus town, asmo consensus scum and everyone's got different orders for me/you/vaimes/waco
    Seems normal?

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    but what if newcomb is scum!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

but yeah I do see what you mean, with Vaimes getting (ALLEGEDLY) properly metacleared this time and the same happening to Cobalt it's like that + Newcomb + one scum dead + internal town knowledge is enough for things to be under control

OTOH in my case it's like

"okay so asmo is pretty much scum by PoE but then which of {Gemma/Cobalt/Vaimes/tom/Waco} is it?"

It doesn't help that I don't feel particularly bad about Waco

PREVIEW EDIT: I was under the impression that the ordering was fairly consistently Vaimes > you > Waco > me? Like I'm seeing very little violation of that outside of possibly Waco dumpstering you.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'd honestly love it if everyone lost their shit, because then at least something would be happening.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    seconded tbh, I almost wanna say the check should be claimed early given that things have settled down again

(also I'm heading out in like four hours and I am impatient and curious and also would like a better grip on the game without having to work for it :v)

12. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Maybe thats a leftover impression from being the only one scumreading you early on and you've just sort of floated down to the bottom of everyone else's reads.
    But eh it doesn't feel like anyone feels great about that section of their reads.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean, Vaimes was also and you two make up 25% of the thread at this stage in the game :v

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Ftr, I expect the check on me today. Just... knowing Newcomb.

And in a vacuum that's great but in specific I think it's a bit silly this game because any of asmo/dc/waco being scum seems like it should ~prove me town.

But I digress and someone should give me info

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean, we already kind of established that asmo is being bussed if scum :v

16. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Yes but I did it before it was cool.

Though i was actually thinking of asmo aggroing me and then trying to smooth things over with me. Fonti called him out on that pretty hard and I may be biased but looked w/v as fuck to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Kinda clicking around fonti iso and I think there's definitely worlds where she was priest. I wouldn't know how to interpret her sod2 poetry but I could see acolytenewcomb getting it.

It doesn't particularly matter if that's true (other than that meaning we dont have a check today) but I could see witches rolling the dice on it and if it didn't work shadow gets to death curse Newcomb and that's at least a viable thing the could have happened.

I think (and presumably scum would think) that Newcomb is just "as claimed" and using a soup there you could just kill Newcomb and choose to stop and nothing gets outed. Or even make an attempt at another one if you've got a roll read.

I'm over thinking this. I guess what I'm saying is there's reasons fonti is dead instead of what i expected, which was Newcomb dying to soup and then maybe they figured out the aco too.
    And not all those reasons contain the word "lolwitches"

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Nope, too busy lurking thread while reading/writing. I should be done in a few hours though, which will give you plenty of time to pore over my thoughts. In the meantime, if you have any burning questions, I'll be lurking.

19. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    :mid1

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

I guess now's as good a time as any. @Newcomb , if your check's on me then kindly delay sharing it until I'm satisfied with the responses, accusations, and arguments I'll invariably get. If it's not, feel free to regard this post as utter bullshit.