1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Gladly! Just let me update it quickly because I didn't do day 3.

Vaimes: 124->32->67

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

dont u mean

36->24->36

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

it gets me mislynched because no one else is a likely fit, and people were already considering it to be between me/Gemma/Asmo anyways

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't know, do I?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

:(

I don't presume to know how they planned on going about their business, or if they expected it to work out, or if they were flying by the seat of their pants and just lucked into a really good endgame

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Wait, I think I just accidentally pressured Gemma into spewing Asmo as her partner.

Go look at that post she made about Clown.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This post comes from a universe in which Gemma knows I’m gambitting about Clown.

This post comes from a universe in which witches know Jarizok was exactly clown, if not even Shadow could’ve been pied.

Ergo, Asmo is never real souped as Clown.

Gemma/Asmo.

Checkmate, bitches.

7. Newcomb

--- Post automerged ---
    Vaimes.

Hey, Vaimes.

Etc.
    --- Post automerged ---

............................................................................................................................................

etc

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Newcomb plsssss assess my last post and lmk what you think
    --- Post automerged ---
    FYI

@Vaimes

If you’re town here and even if you aren’t we always lynch Gemma first because if we are wrong about you and Asmo we definitely lose

9. Newcomb

Going to work, I'll get back to you this afternoon.

I think you're wrong about lynching Gemma first; run the numbers, look at what happens in a witch!Vaimes world if we lynch Gemma here.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

why yes Newcomb I am completely stupid and also a witch

next question
    --- Post automerged ---
    lasdflafjaofewofjasdlkf actually though???

bangs fists on table

FAKE SOUP FAKE SOUP FAKE SOUP FAKE SO
    --- Post automerged ---
    uh no you lynch Asmo 100% of the time because he's LYYYYINGGGGG and Gemma has no Soup and literally cannot endgame
    --- Post automerged ---
    like come on barring some miracle the lynch is never outside of [Gemma/Asmo/Vaimes] toDay + whomever Newcomb checks

I think going balls to the wall on a fake Soup to eliminate both Asmo AND Gemma from the lynch pool toDay is actually genius, especially if a few more claims fall out in the meantime

when the alternative is just...getting lynched and losing because PoE

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Uhhhhhhh... what? I read your claimpost and assumed you were trying to cover for.. someone. Not hard to assume Gemma did the same. Not that it matters here anymore. We can't even afford to lynch Gemma anymore because lolsoup makes it uncomfortably dangerous. Stop looking for ways out of reading us today and pick between me and Vaimes. I'm frankly surprised I'm even in a thunderdome at this point, but this is what it's come to. Either I'm lying about my claim, the whole Gemma exchange, getting souped, not knowing witches could get souped, etc, OR Vaimes is Maf. Read up, ask me anything you like, but don't look for a way out of lynching me/Vaimes, because that never ends well here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I can't really rationalize myself as scum here, considering that would require me, a universally scumread player for almost 3 phases, taking my universally townread partner and scumreading them, having them throw an emotionally charged response that misunderstands my post and gets triggered af, then having them fail a soup on ME to confirm them as scum while somehow hoping beyond hope that Newcomb doesn't investigate either of us.

AND I would've had to plan this all from D2 to begin softing and laying the groundwork for it all, in my first TinyHunt, with no previous knowledge of the mechanics.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, what boggles my mind is that you think I'd soup myself before Newcomb, allowing another clear (in the best case) or guilty (in the worst case) and locking the game into a thunderdome between scum!me and Vaimes or YOU.

That's so bad it's like, terrible. I get that the wolves have made some pretty terrible moves in allowing Newcomb to live last phase, but it's inconceivable to me that anyone actually *wanted* him alive in this phase. Literally the only explanation is that they thought I was new and stupid enough to be softing my actual role that blatantly, and therefore were more sure of me than Newcomb.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

@Asmodeus

Quote all your softs including the day 2 ones

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

^Quoted the previous soft where I told Newcomb to operate under the assumption there were two wolves left.

^continued to operate exclusively under the assumption there were two wolves. I did so in every post from the beginning of this phase, only adding words like "if" occasionally to not completely expose TMI.

^hope against hope that scum would believe that I'm clown from putting that into my otherwise emotional, throw-away-my-pride post. I said that because clown is the only role there that could be mechanically clear, so I was hoping they'd buy it.

Softs in bold. Clown softs are heavier than Oracle softs. Oracle softs are only to convey that there were two wolves at any given time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    like, read my ISO with the knowledge that I'm Oracle softing Clown to bait soup and it'll all make sense.
    I had to soft hard enough to make sure most people picked it up, but also soft softly enough to make it seem like I wasn't baiting.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @All:

If we're in consensus that Newcomb is town, then there's no world where one of me and Vaimes is not scum. In that case, lynching Gemma first is always out of the question, due to the ability of Vaimes to soup me and Newcomb safely and then proceed to take a pretty good guess at least one of Tom/Cobalt, reaching parity and winning.

Considering that, there is no world where we don't lynch one of me and Vaimes today. Game is currently at 4-2, with six players alive. Considering soup, that's MYLO. As in, if you mislynch me, Vaimes soups Newcomb and parity ends game for a wolf victory.
    Same goes the other way. If I were scum, lynching Vaimes leads to me souping Newcomb. No matter what, today ends game.

Gemma can't soup anymore. There is no longer any info that needs to remain hidden.

I propose Vaimes claim first, then massclaim. Ideally, he claims something that Tom/Cobalt has. I think there's a specific role that's likeliest for him to claim, but even in the worst case that he claims something nobody else has, that gives you a better shot at reading him and ending the game.

I've thought about this since yesterday, and can't find a downside to massclaiming at this juncture. No matter what, one of me and Vaimes is getting lynched. No matter what (almost), that'll end the game one way or another. @Newcomb @Cobalt @tom, if there's something wrong with my reasoning here, call it out before claiming. Otherwise, I want @Vaimes to claim first.

Stalling is pointless at this juncture, let's do this so y'all can adjust reads and then get this game done.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

FROWNS LOUDLY

15. Newcomb

@tom check me on this?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, thoughts on massclaim?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Nah, it can’t be Asmo after all that.

I take back what I said. Gemma has just been trolling. Lolz.

Also yes to massclaim, starting with Vaimes.

17. Newcomb

Yeah, was gonna say. Like... taking something an outed witch says at face value, or even really into consideration at all, seems not ideal.

18. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    This gig is way more demanding than i thought it would be
    Can't last forever though
    Despite evidence to the contrary...

19. Newcomb

Alright well in the absense of anyone telling me this is a bad idea, let’s mass claim.

Actually let’s just have Vaimes claim, then go from there.

Vaimes - fullclaim. Role + relevant night actions if applicable.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'll go first.

I am the Demon.