1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

TinyHunt #8

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Mar 4, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Again. You're not wrong :V

like 90% why I ended up on Waco is he stopped talking (apparently to avoid outing his role, so lolme)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think it's because the main way I get around townreading everyone who talks to me is obstinately ignoring what they're saying, which is generally not helpful either (I mean, MOST of the people I talk to will be town >_>)

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

If Asmo hadn't done his AtE thing we would have always won, since I had Waco as Acolyte and that was a winning soup. (That was why I was trying to push the Judge onto Asmo.)

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    tbh it wasn't even the AtE that changed my mind, it was me falling for his fake clown stuff

4. Waco Kid

Waco Kid Groundskeeper

In fairness you could try playing D1 like I was with Tom. If you look in my qt, you’ll see I actually was doing the reverse read thing on him in my reads

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I don't think I quite realized the depth of my reputation for NAI dumbtelling until this game

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    "Like, I can't understand why Newcomb wasn't offed when he could very easily have decided on an asmo check based on me judging Waco."

It was because Asmo and I wanted to relish the experience of having Newcomb mislynch Vaimes after lock clearing him, obviously.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I was pretty confident Newcomb was checking me!

7. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Yeah I realized my pride in coming into games and turning em around by picking thru every post was completely misplaced in this game. I was beating my head a wall trying to develop good reads. Figured the best thing to do would be to come clean and spill my heart out to everyone in the hopes that my genuinity would come thru. I figured if people could even start considering worlds where I'm town, then their knowledge of each other would allow for some productive world building.
    Interestingly, the moment I did that, all the despair and frustration left me and I was actually able to play the damn game in between little breaks in my day.

It was my first time (and hopefully last) time ever doing that as either alignment. I believe direct AtE has a very very limited place in Mafia, and that its overuse dilutes the game. I needed to here, though. My pride in my game is normally a motivating factor, not a limiting factor. Here, it was holding me back from even wanting to look at thread so I had to cut it.

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

@Gemma I read your QT and just wanted to be sure you understood what I wrote at the start of this last day phase. Did you?

It's clear now that your initial posts regarding font were more off the cuff (as opposed to intentionally manipulative), and that you pmuch immediately regretted bringing it into the game. Like I said, the biggest factor stopping me from a full SR on you was that I didn't think you were manipulative enough to do that as scum, so it's interesting to see now that it wasn't intentional. I hope you understand where I was coming from with that read, though.

Without knowing anything about you two or any relevant history or anything, I saw you asking a confirmed town to answer questions regarding your thoughts. Naturally, when I saw that, it looked like it it had to either be poor/lazy town play (refusal to articulate your mindset), or manipulative wolfplay (having someone close answer for you to come up with a better answer than you can). That is very AI, and I included into rationalization as such.

Knowing now that it was off the cuff and not deliberate manipulation justifies your reaction. I do have one question, though. Did you react initially thinking that I was, in fact, saying that "Gemma can't be town unless manipulative" like you said?
    Or did you realize I meant the opposite and deliberately reacted that way anyway?

9. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    oh, FWIW the reason I personally balked at that post was that it seemed to be conflating "intentionally manipulative/heartless in a mafia game" with "intentionally manipulative/heartless in real life". I know from experience that shit can get nasty real quick even if it's not what was intended.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah it's all good Asmo.

You're referring to 739, right? Because that's not AI at all, am just respecting fonti's process. If anything it was a reason to townread me, because I was knowingly doing something that was "scummy" (not being transparent) with pro-town intentions.

My initial reaction to you was to write monster walls burying the shit out of you. I calmed down a little bit and posted a milder version that would not create a bunch of toxicity in the thread. Then I calmed down more.

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    As someone who has a meltdown virtually every game at this point (lol), this is definitely a thing.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't fake emotional stuff in games. I've tried and it just comes across as really really fake. The only thing I can kind of fake is anger because all anger sounds fake, in a way.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Me.

;~;

13. Asmodeus

Asmodeus Squib

Haha no, this game is manipulative by nature. That doesn't say much about the people who play it, because we're all very very different.
    My purpose was more to figure out if she was even ABLE to be manipulative, because some people really can't do it at all and that would reflect on her alignment (assuming she did it intentionally, which she didn't).

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

No worries.

I was pushing on shadow d1, but had both vaimes and gemma as hard town.
    The same for Fonti.

Sometimes being hilariously wrong is the fun part of the (post)game.

15. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

[​IMG]

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Newcomb plz

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

note to self

vaimes is the very untrustworthy source on what is a newcomb behavior

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Newcomb is gud priest

I honestly tinfoiled a Jari/Stanari Priest/Aco duo way more than I should have

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

's ok. I was honestly kind of thinking that last check on you was coming back red <_<

Man I just really like TinyHunt as a setup. The incentive to play cagey as town just adds this, like... spiciness. It's practically designed to always come down to the wire, and for both witches and villagers to never be completely right or completely wrong on the entire gamestate.

20. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I like it .. I am always confused how scum win it unless villas are bad and soft their roles too much/hard.

A lot of times it comes down to that hero-soup attempt that makes or breaks the game.

Or the priest not checking lump. (I am so glad I died early that game and can make fun of it!)
    I think I died early. What do I know ....