1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Feoffic, Sep 10, 2015.

?

What brand is your underwear?

1. Instinct

28.1%
  2. Mystic

43.9%
  3. Valor

28.1%
  1. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

Mew is a place filler. Quests are a great idea for people who hate raids.

3. Andrela

Mew can learn every single attack via TM. At 3000 CP that's nothing to sneeze at.

4. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I completed the first week of field research this morning, and the reward was a 80% Moltres with a 100% catch rate. Anyone got anything different?

Considering I live in the arse end of nowhere, and so can't raid, this is great. I've also finally cleared the third rank of special research, because I finally found a second raid going on - I can't see any in the finder from my house, and I have to walk 5 minutes up the road to have anything in range... Meaning I don't bother.

I'm not looking forward to 10 raids.

5. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

I got the same thing. Pretty hyped to be honest, because I didn't have high hopes on the field research thing, its a neat feature, but for the most part their new reveals have been lack luster.

6. Zerg_Lurker

Zerg_Lurker Headmaster DLP Supporter

The quests have gotten me back into the game , and I've given up on trying to play without joining a team after hitting the raid/gym battle quest. Battling and raids are still dumb.

7. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Have the dailies gotten harder?

When it first started, there were loads of "catch 3 fire pokemon", "hatch an egg", "battle in a gym".

The one I managed to pick up today was "get 6 super effective charged attacks in gym battles"... This is just a little bit more difficult.

8. Andrela

It's entirely random.

9. Zombie

All I know is I have three fucking Moltres and I want something else at this point at the end of my seven day of badges. Are people getting anything different?

10. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    From what I've read, it's Moltres all the way down.

I can't imagine it will stay that way once they realize how much it sucks, though.

11. Erotic Adventures of S

It changes monthly. Zapados in May.

12. Zombie

Yeah, I just saw a news article about that. I've held off on my badges getting the 7th one for May when the new one rolls out. Hopefully it updates the event information. I'm worried about the mew event. I'm on quest 7 of 8 and its going to take me a bit to clear the 7th one because I play so infrequently. Hopefully that doesn't go away.

I had the opportunity to be in a raid for Latios the other day. Was at the post office and they had a gym there, and had a max raid group (first time since I started playing that's happened for me). Beat his ass and ended up not catching him still because I ran out of the white balls they give you to catch them.

Was moderately mad.

13. Rehio

High Score:
    So my mother got an EX Raid invite for this Sunday, and she was super excited. Made calendar events and everything. She's missing Mewtwo, Articuno, and the regionals from her complete Kanto Pokedex, and she had yet to receive an EX invite yet.

Sunday comes around and I go take a peek at the raid, and she's not there. So I call her and ask what's up. She's getting her nails done, her calendar alerts hadn't worked and she completely blanked. Well shit. I talk to the few people who are hanging around the raid, and they're waiting on a couple people, they'll be starting in ten minutes.

Hero time.

Jam it to the nail place. Step dad meets me outside and passes me the phone through the window and I'm back off immediately. Get back to the EX raid in time to see that they'd already jumped in, and there was 40 seconds left. Oh shit. Get into the group and the raid starts with my team full of auto-set Houndoom.

Mewtwo goes down, and I catch it on the second shot. Victory. \o/

"This is the greatest Mother's Day present I could have ever gotten."

It was a strange, stressful event in the moment, but it turned out to be pretty fun.

14. Andrela

Awesome story, @Rehio I hear about such events a lot. This game sure does connect a lot of folks :)

I caught my 8th Mewtwo today, sadly it's only 84%, but that's not the worst IV though.

15. Zerg_Lurker

I know that feel, Zombro. Had 7 special balls and dumped a gold razz berry every time. Every throw was great except one miss, and it went RIP.

I've been having difficulty completing the 5 star raids because I'm a bit behind the curve. The new field research is interesting, though I'm stuck trying to find a stupid Ditto for the Mew questline.

16. Rehio

High Score:
    Jesus Christ, finally. After having it since the second day, I finally completed the "Catch a Ditto" special quest today.

My own mother has had Mew for almost two weeks and I've been blocked by this stupid little blob since the start. But you're mine now, you failed little Mew clone, and I can finally move on.

17. Zerg_Lurker

[​IMG]

I have completed my goal of catching 30 Tauros. Eat shit, Ash Ketchum.

In other news, I've failed all my Latios raids but caught a Latias first run. Stumbled on a Ditto which finished that set of missions giving me an additional raid pass for the day, and hit 30 off of the XP. Feels bad to have missed out on the blue dragon but feels good to at least catch the red one.

Oz
  18. Erotic Adventures of S

How many attempts?

19. Andrela

I did my 10th Mewtwo raid today and once again it's 84%... Fuck.

20. Zombie

Atleast you're getting Ex Raids. I don't live in an area where that's really common. So things that take most people days to do, takes me months.

I've finally caught all the Gen 1 Pokemon I can get that aren't region specific. I guess until I start traveling I won't get anything else. I'm not sure the total numbers on Gen 2 and 3, but I've got 80 on one and 100 respectively on those. I'm more into the collecting than the battling tbh.