1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Threadmarks: SoD 1
    Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Welcome to WoW Mafia everyone!

These are Lilitalia's chosen champions!

1. @dichotomousCreator
    2. @Gemma
    3. @his fluffiness
    4. @Zenzao
    5. @you
    6. @lulz
    7. @Vaimes
    8. @Cobalt
    9. @Tammy

Rules:​

1. This is an nine person game with seven town and two mafia. The game ends when the mafia outnumber or equal the town, or when the town wipes out the mafia. This is also a flip game, where alignments and roles are revealed when you die.

2. You can trust all information mods give you.

3. Days last 48 hours, with a 72 hour exception for D1. Nights last 24 hours.

4. Don’t lie about real-life commitments and don’t question another player’s commitments. If you’re inactive and not participating, you’ll be replaced.

5. Respect players and their time. Don’t be an asshole. Don’t attack a fellow player as a person as we’re all here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. Also also do your best, even if you role town/scum and hate rolling town/scum.

6. Don’t edit your posts. Don’t quote information directly from your QT, especially time stamps. Only living players (and me) can post in the thread, but don’t post at Night or I’ll have you arrested for breaking into my thread. Don’t thumbs up posts.

7. Don’t communicate with anyone about the game except for with Waco or myself (privately) or people you share a QT with. Ask your game-related questions in your personal QT and NOT in the thread.

8. Don’t use out-of-game information (real life, forum/other mafia activity, chatrooms) to generate reads or influence people. Don’t mention any OOG information in the context of explaining or speculating on a player’s alignment in this game.

9. Votes must be BRIGHTLY COLORED, bolded, and on a separate line. Any votes not following this format won’t be counted.

10. This game uses a Hard Lynch / Soft Lynch system. Soft Lynch is a majority lynch. Hard Lynch is approximately 75% of the living votes. A Soft Lynch is sufficient to lynch a player at deadline. A Hard Lynch immediately ends the day. If Soft Lynch is not reached before deadline, there is No Lynch. If the votes are tied at deadline, there is No Lynch. When a Hard Lynch is reached, or the deadline occurs, whichever comes first, stop posting.

11. Death flavors reveals no hints or alignments of living players. They are written for amusement only.

12. Moderator decisions are final.

13. While all the QTs are personified, here are the basic QTs:

-

Hello (name), you are a [Rogue] recruit, Vanilla town!

(personalized description)

Sadly, you’re not very good yet.

Powers: None.

You win when all the scum have been eliminated!

Good luck!

-

Hello (name) , you are a [Mage] recruit, Mafia Goon!

Your partner is (name) and you should be able to see the scum chat in this Discord.

(personalized description)

Powers: Every Night, choose a player to kill together with your partner. That player will be killed.

You win when you achieve parity with the town.

Good luck!

-

*Classes in brackets are random for vanilla roles, chosen from the twelve existing roles in World of Warcraft.
    (Warrior - Mage - Priest - Paladin - Shaman - Druid - Rogue - Hunter - Warlock - Death Knight - Monk - Demon Hunter)
    Claiming your class counts as a Role Hard Claim for the purposes of anti-claim.

14. Have fun!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Flavor:​

Welcome to the Horde, recruits! I’ve heard you younglings think you know war.

You. Are. WRONG!

It is my ungrateful task to teach you how to handle yourselves in battle. I will not hold back. It will not be pleasant. Some of you will probably die, but that is a risk I am willing to take. If even one of you makes it to the end of training, I will be satisfied.

Now then. Training will not distinguish between classes. I don’t care if you were training to be a mage, a warrior or even a friggin monk before this. You may think you have any skill related to your former class training. I sincerely doubt you know what you’re doing, but if it helps you complete training go right ahead and use it. As to practical information…

*Thud*

So that’s how it’s going to be? Drop dead in the middle of introductions? 72 laps for all of you!​

The Waco kid has died! He was
    Co mod!
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is pregame.

Do not post yet!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Day 1 starts in ~11 hours.

Players, please confirm your role PMs in the Discord.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mod note:

This pregame was slightly delayed because I made an oopsie. As a result, dC saw the scum role that had the anti-claim mechanic. I've decided to split the Anti-claim from that scum role and make it public so everyone's on equal footing here. My bad guys.

Anti-claim mechanic: If a (town) player claims their role or flavor, Mafia will privately be told the role of another random living townie.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Additional info: Obviously the game was reranded after the incident.
    --- Post automerged ---

SoD 1

Flavor​

Upon closer examination of Waco’s corpse, it is discovered that he did not in fact drop dead of natural causes.

Maybe not all of your fellow recruits are as happy to be training for true war as you are?

As a group, you decide to get to the bottom of this. Once you’ve finished your laps of course.​

---------------------------

It is now D1. Day ends in 72 hours.

With 9 alive, Soft Lynch is 5. Hard Lynch is 7.

You may now post.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    First!

Regfan told me that Gemma's such noob that the proper thing to do is to quicklynch immediately

vote Gemma

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hi everybody. Gemma made me play, so let's punish her.

Vote Gemma

4. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Another good solid reason!

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My Face Right Now. Who's the worse culprit, the one who started this wagon with a suggestion of a quick lynch, or the one who decided to jump on it at once? Welp,

Lynch Vote Fluff.

I think the bandwagoner.

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    No faith in Regfan's wisdom?

:colbert:

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Would you believe that I wrote that post before I refreshed and saw Tammy?

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I don't recall what, if any game, he and I have overlapped on. So no.

Afraid not, bucko. As I was writing this post I got the alert that a new message had come up. Whether or not that holds true for the full post page rather than these quick reply boxes I don't know but I'm fine with my vote where it is at the moment.

9. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Wait are you actually being serious right now Zenzao?

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Yes. I'm out of RVS.

11. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Okay this beginning is really weird. I'm not sure if it's because being in a particular mood because irl stuff or something actually game related which may be alignment relevant or maybe it's site culture and you guys usually start the game like stuffed shirts and maybe I'm completely out of my element here?

If Gemma does turn out to be scum though, Zenzao's response may actually be something. I just really do not understand his opening at all.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Or to put it another way, I was never in RVS. I was hoping there would be more early posts to make a judgment call on, but what little there was between you two still felt like it had enough meaning to justify my vote.
    And so it begins. Feel free to swap your vote to my name if you feel there's something there.

13. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Why would you think either are anything other than jokes?

Why wouldn't someone jump on the first bandwagon that was started? It's RVS neither are actually serious and going anywhere.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    In my experience, players' who do RVS vote don't tend to follow the same wagon that soon unless there's something amiss. Sure, D1 can generally be treated as a crapshoot for early analysis, but this is how I assess other players and make my decisions.

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    There are some people who believe that people who don't follow the opening RVS wagon are doing it for reasons that are amiss.

Why couldn't it be two players who independently came up with a joke reason for the same person? Also your little box reasoning doesn't really diminish his answer. My post wouldn't have popped up with the little box showing a reply. I know because that just happened to me. So I don't understand your response to his.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why such a serious response to what can only be a joke???

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Hi.

Who’s scum?

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    His post doesn't take two+ minutes to write, so I don't buy that he didn't see you voted first. My reasoning about new messages does stand at least in quick reply, because it shows up with a white bar and the following
    1. Messages have been posted since you loaded this page. View them?

right above the quick reply box when someone makes a new post. As I said, I don't know if that holds true for full reply. With that said, I do feel like this is going too far into left field when we're arguing over a matter of site coding more than possible behavior. Not shifting my vote since you're really doubling down on your defense of Fluff, however.

You most certainly have not played with me before or read any of the games that I've played in(which is fair, as I haven't done the same for you or anyone else I'm currently unfamiliar with), but I am usually serious straight out of the gate.

Hi, Vaimes. Lovely to see you've joined the game.

You can obviously see where my vote is. Feels too early to pin two scum in Fluff/Tammy but eh.

18. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    You're supposed to tell me!
    --- Post automerged ---
    The reply thing does matter when you seem to actually be trying to make a reason out of it, one that you even go so far as to call him bucko on and saying you don't believe him on a matter that is quite frankly probably the silliest thing for him to lie on or make up.

The only thing that might be considered somewhat off about his response is that he felt the need to explain something that doesn't need to be explained, which is still kind of eh grasping at straws but could plausibly be something. That wasn't the alert I think I saw while making the one post where I got the alert.

No, I haven't played with you nor have I meta'd you. Being serious right out the gate is one thing, but the way you went about it is odd. Maybe it's a matter of play style, but the people I'm used to seeing be serious out the gate usually aren't tone deaf to obvious jokes and take them like serious posts, but sometimes scum do try to look serious at the start to look like they're doing something at the start and that can come off awkward.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote Tammy?

20. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    You're a funny guy!