1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. lulz

lulz Muggle

Quoting on this forum is kinda awful. Let me just say that Tammy is likely town and Vaimes is likely town for thinking Tammy is town for the same reason as me.....

Zenzao is coming off as very try-hard which nets townie points but then seeming apologetic about being tryhard makes me think his tryhard isn't genuine and thus losses some points but the overall effect is a net gain.

I like Gemma's assessment in post 60.

Town
    Tammy
    Vaimes

Leans town
    Zenzao
    Gemma

no scumreads yet.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think Vaimes said why he thinks Tammy is town. Can you quote what you agreed with please?

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I cut my pointer finger and now the bandaid is making it a chore to type. :V

Easier to fit your vote justification to the gamestate as time passes.

Yes, that is also my valuation.

I thought you were joking about not having read anything, since there's really not that many posts.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Read my posts again?

/mini garcia

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also stop ignoring me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I already did read your posts again but I'm on my phone and it's hard and also I can't do ISOs.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

But you can highlight text and the forum turns it into a quote for you!

Other than that yes it is the worst.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It really isn't hard. Everything exciting so far is within like the first 50 posts of the game. You'd better be on 100ppp. :V

Can you not use landscape mode on your phone? That makes the ISO buttons show up.

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I already know the fitting your vote justification thing, is kind of obvious, but I don't understand why you think lulz is doing that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh cool that works yay.

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Uh.

"it's obvious why what lulz did could be scummy but I don't get why you think that's what they did"

???

That sounds like you either know their alignment or have a very good read on them. Why wouldn't I think an unknown player did a scummy thing because they could be scum?

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah you didn't say anything. You just said that the thing you were scum reading her for was probably not a thing after all.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

gemma plz
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think you need to reword this.

lulz did something scummy, I said as much, and apparently you think the same thing I think about what lulz did (insofar as the action itself is kind of scummy), so what are you asking me if we both agree that shrouding your vote in "maybe RVS!" is scummy?

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Now you are just deflecting. Right now I could say that you are scummy because you are deflecting and scum often deflect. That would be a stupid read. Because it makes sense for town you to make such a post as well. So why is there not a town lulz that could make that post? Why is it scummy?

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because that example is a meta read and I have no idea who lulz is?

And of course tells don't exist in a vacuum, I never asserted otherwise. In fact, I didn't assert anything. I said what lulz did was scummy.
    What are you doing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I'm going to vote for you if I don't like your answer. No pressure.)

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I read that as "makes you more town than a scum read" not "makes you more likely town aligned". You meant the latter I guess, sorry.

I don't really agree that it's scummy.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

what the fish

you agree the action is scummy, you literally just said that, and you're asking me why it's scummy

if what you're meaning to ask is "why is it scummy for this specific player" then the answer is idfk because I don't know them. Do you?
    --- Post automerged ---
    so what was this? I took it as agreement
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't see the difference tbh.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's not a meta read just because I know you as a player. I'm doing a thing where I ask you about your read because I don't understand it.

I would love it if you voted for me. You didn't ask me a question, though.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

or rather, the difference is so miniscule that it seems absurd to acknowledge it

"more town than scum" and "more likely town [than scum]" are almost exacty the same
    --- Post automerged ---
    It was a continuation of my last post, where I did ask you a question.

It's a meta read because you're drawing on past experience to decide whether or not my current actions make me more or less likely town. The same cannot be done with lulz, unless you know their identity.

I don't understand why you expect me to consider worlds where lulz would do the justification thing as either alignment because I have nothing to draw on except "it's possible."

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh that wasn't agreement. That was me knowing what you were reading into.

I know them yeah but that's not relevant I don't think.

The difference is that the former one affects your read on that particular interaction only and is weaker wrt your read on her overall.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

how about this

I thought it was scummy that they were being vague about their vote when RVS ended prematurely and I assumed they were joking about not having read the thread. So it's probably just null once you do the math, but it's not a good basis for someone I have to read from scratch.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't really agree, I think we can sense what level to read a player on without knowing their meta, maybe not right away but we can. And we can read into mindset stuff without having meta knowledge.

When you know a person, your read in then will always be influenced by meta, but that doesn't make all your ways of reading them meta reads.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

as town, I think it's bad to vote and be like "srs? joke? find out eventually! maybe!"

even in RVS, hinting that your vote could potentially be serious but being cagey about it is bad

it looks like a scum trying to be silly rather than a town...idk, being silly? it's a bad flavor of silly. it's fishy silly
    --- Post automerged ---
    okay well then ask me when it's been longer than right away

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That's perfect or better than perfect if there's something better than perfect. Thank you. <3

I think you're town.