1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    And my thoughts before that interaction happened was that "you" felt similar to the last game where they were scum but it was something I wanted to hold onto and see how it developed.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    I...actually really can't. It's completely gut level and subjective, and probably based on his engagement with me failing to hold my interest (OHHHH SICK BURN OUT OF NOWHERE)

So to reiterate my current investigation pool is you/Gemma/Vaimes/lulz and as per my usual idiom I'll be trading off "who looks worst" with "who has the least votes" when looking for targets.

I'm kinda struggling with Gemma b/c I want to bump my read of her up but I keep remembering that I wanted to do that last game where she was scum, too ._.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You could just tell me what you like. I'm not a mind reader.

I'm ready to change for you.

4. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Oh, I thought they were the same post. That particular post prompted me to go to the elections game and see how they responded to the person who started getting serious early because it didn't feel the same. In the context of their reaction to and about that first serious poster, this doesn't feel right but I'm not sure how much to read into that based on that game.

I do agree that it feels off, but I will try to put into words why I feel that way in a bit.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Maybe you should take Waco's advice and completely flip your readslist around midgame?

6. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What you said about how you doesn't really follow what I was saying was exactly what I thought as well. It didn't feel like you was trying to understand me in the way that they usually do when they are town. I don't know alignment indicative it is because it could be a mood thing or I could be expecting too much or expecting the wrong things from them but in the post you quoted for example their questions are kind of leading and it doesn't feel like they want a conversation so much as to look a certain way and frame our exchange in a certain way. It feels like you already has all the answers and I feel like that's scummy for them because they usually feel more confused and searching as town.

The other part of it was that they felt kind of uncharitable, like in the post where they voted for me they decided that I was scummy because I did a certain thing. I feel like if they were town they wouldn't have jumped to that conclusion like that. And they were kind of passing over what I was talking about as well and turning straight to this thing of "Gemma is scummy". They were ignoring the worlds where I was doing something they didn't understand but that was not necessarily scummy. I thought it was worse at the time because I felt they should have known better from games we have played together but they thought that was a scumtell for me from things we talked about so I don't think that's very meaningful now.

But basically when I look at their mindset in their interactions with me I don't see the town you that I am used to where they want to poke and understand, especially considering our history together and how well we work together and how well I understand them, and I feel like that would be kind of important to them if they were town because they are in unfamiliar territory here. But also they can do the poking stuff as scum as well so it doesn't necessarily mean they are mafia that they are being rather abrupt and such? I need to see more but right now I don't feel great about them.

Also I think it's interesting that they ignored the Zenzao/Vaimes stuff early mostly and I feel like that probably means something important for the alignment of those players but I'm not sure what right now.

I have to go.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    But then you'd be doing it because I told you to and not because you're town!

No, you'll just have to keep blundering around and hoping you hit the right thing :v

8. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I dunno why you think I'm similar to last game, I'm nothing like last game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy

dC

fluff
    Vaimes
    lulz

Cobalt

Zenzao
    you
    --- Post automerged ---
    dC let's not make this another game where you correctly scumread Vaimes and I convince you out of it ok? Ok.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

hee hee hoo hoo

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Tammy whether or not I can post depends on how busy work is. I can be around basically 24/7 because I work so much I have to be awake for it obviously, so whenever it's quiet enough to check my phone I can be around.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also my general approach to this game is, well Tammy is town so it doesn't matter but I wouldn't lynch Tammy, you or Vaimes day 1 unless they did something exceptionally scummy. I probably won't bother having a solid read on Vaimes until day 2/3 if I make it that far. I think I can read fluff so hopefully I can pull him out of the lynch pool if he's town but I wouldn't fight a lynch on him day 1. I've never misread lulz but that doesn't mean I will correctly read them this game. But I would prefer not to lynch them day 1. So my pool for today is fairly limited.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And I will probably be able to lock dC's alignment by the end of day 1.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ok actually bye.

11. lulz

lulz Muggle

Catching up...
    What's fluff's meta? You want him to do stuff but is that normal? for him?
    ]
    Speaking of fluff, what is the point of this post? Given that RVS ended abruptly on PAGE 2, why are you still making these kinds of posts?

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Honestly, I think my issue with reading you is that your personality overrides your alignment tells from my perspective. So all I'm seeing is "Gemma", rather than "town" or "scum".

I guess with where my vote is right now I'll pencil you in as a light-to-moderate townread. Actually, can I get your thoughts on whether "you" did anything other than argue with you a bunch when they were here earlier?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Because I like joking with my friends?
    --- Post automerged ---
    also it ended on page one

nyeh

14. lulz

lulz Muggle

1. Why does it have to mean anything at all? It means two people have completely opposite reads. Speaking of which, its weird that fluff is "lock town" after that. Zen seems more likely to be town but far from locktown unless there's a major meta reason I'm missing.

As a follow up to that, I think its strange that you don't question fluffy's "locktown" read when you considsider zen as "maybe scum".
    @fluffiness
    Why is zen locktown?

How did you come to the conclusion that "you" is scum? I didn't see any build up to that. Got my first scumread!

VOTE:dichotomousCreator

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Fluff should be, for lack of a better term, lolcatting in here and being 'fluffy'. He seemed to have the perfect partner for that in Tammy, until I dropped in and distracted her. Even after that I would have expected him to keep up some sort of presence in the thread but he just quietly slunk away into the good night other than to note that he preferred a 'happy Vaimes' over serious, if I'm not remembering his third post wrong.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Where to begin with that #174? Waiting for dC before I comment.

16. lulz

lulz Muggle

There's only two people who've never misread me and that's Farside from MS and Lissa from MU.

When you say you wouldn't lynch "you" to whom are referring?

We haven't interacted yet. Tell me what you think of Zen's read on Fluff. I'm starting to think one of them is scum but that Dicho isn't scum with zen.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

This post tells me you haven't been reading thread.

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    And I should clarify that I'm referring to before he answered Gemma about his read on me. And then lulz decide's to post again right as I'm writing this, lovely.

By all means, go ahead and think I'm scum if you like, lulz, but you had better commit to it then and bring some reasoning. It's also funny just how quickly you're pulling a 180 on your read of me from 'more likely to be town' to 'probably scum'.

+1.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

You can add me to that list then :)

I was referring to you.

You didn't do much else, no, dC, at least not by memory of their ISO, but I'm confused by your question. It should be clear what they did just by reading them? Unless you want my thoughts on their other posts / lack of content overall.

I don't think their activity level is alignment indicative, narrow focus might be but I don't know how I would read into that right now.

20. lulz

lulz Muggle

I
    Considering I townread you with qualifiers, i wouldn't say its a 180. You pointed out said qualifiers earlier. And I'm not sure what to think of you other than your exaggerating my read while simultaneously saying bring it!

And you're mistaking "reading the thread" with "taking notes", which I refuse to do even now.