1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    fuck, still sleepy. Someone summarize what this mess was about, I'm just going to skip it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    So the thing with this is that I explained the misread after you did it, and then instead of replying to that you just moved elsewhere. I assumed you'd read my post about the misreading (where I'm all "I explained my vote in that post!"), and were choosing to respond by just powering on and hoping it got dropped.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Can you explain why your townrange is apparently mass quoting until everyone's eyes bleed?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Nah, you're gonna want to see the scumclaim in all its glory.

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Nice try, but I skimmed sufficiently to know nothing THAT stupid happened.

although if there's something you really think I should see, I'll accept post links

I mean if you think scum!Gemma is going down defending scum!lulz on D1 in a twoscum game then yeah you're reading too much into it. if lulz is actually scum he's kind of the definition of a sinking ship right now.

also I'm going to lynch "you" b/c aside from eye-bleeding I kind of feel like the walls are busywork.

Lynch: you

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Wait, what? Someone scumclaimed?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Joke's on you, cakeboy. I knew that that wouldn't fool you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    fluff, on the other hand, is gullible.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    It might have fooled you, but it didn't fool me!

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Oh I figured you invited them and that's why you seemed to know who they are.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Aaaaaanyway

Gemma I want to townread, in particular for being willing to defend basically all the lynch targets. It's a weird move if we're off-target (risks shunting the lynch onto her buddy) and a weird move if we're not (risks tying her to her buddy). I'd expect her to try and rescue her buddy by counterwagoning rather than directly, and if no buddy is under threat I'd expect her to leave the status quo intact.

fluff is town!fluff hi town!fluff good to recognize you for once

Zen is big and angry and I'm not really a fan of his level 0 Gemma push? His play would be weirdly aggressive as scum, though.

"you" is my current vote basically for not feeling like they're trying to solve the game. Rather it feels like they're trying to "stay afloat", respond to everything, have a believable position, etc. That comment about "it's harder to figure out what I think if I know what people want me to think" was weird as hell, and I'm not sure whether to scumread it or not.

lulz seems genuinely annoyed but like, you can be genuinely annoyed as scum too if you think you were caught "unfairly". I want more from here if that slot is going to survive.

Vaimes has improved marginally and besides I'm willing to leave him to stew for now.

Cobalt needs to post more in a non-catchup format.

Tammy is cool.

9. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Lulz - If you show up, can you talk to me about your reads there? I can understand not having a good time in a game and being frustrated, cuz there, but I will listen to what you have to say. I don't agree with why you had DC as a scum read because he did talk about why he was scum reading "you" there. There was no build up to why you scum read him either, so I don't know why you scum read him for lack of build up when he gave reasoning. I also don't understand your zenzao read. I don't care that you changed your read and only had him lean town in the first place. But I don't know what you're scum reading him for, so could you talk about that?

I'd like to figure out if your town, and if you're town and you need a sounding board, I can listen.
    --- Post automerged ---
    *you're

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    /golfclap/
    See, this is what I meant about tunneling someone if they sufficiently ping my radar. All this post says to me is that you're confscum refusing to play ball. Since you won't answer me after I went ahead and answered you per your request this morning, I'll move on to Cobalt and, I suppose, 'you'.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What's the difference between a regular Hunter and a Demon Hunter? Can Hunters hunt everything except demons? Can Demon Hunters only hunt demons but not, say, deer?

12. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Erm I don't play wow, but from my understanding hunters are like dnd rangers. Can cast spells, have an animal companion, that kind of thing.

Don't know what demon hunter is though.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why do you ask?

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I was bored and wanted to say something.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

dC I feel uncomfortable that you didn't talk about Cobalt at all. Why do you think there is not enough readable content from him? If you are struggling with his slot, I posted about him and so did Vaimes. You should comment on our push on him if nothing else and see how you feel.

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Without going back and reading a game with town or scum!Cobalt, this strikes very similar to scum!Vaimes entrance in Mountainous #1.

I'd prod you over this comment if I could recall the last game we were in together. I don't think you and I overlapped in Narutomafia when I did the same thing with Mathblade after the two of us came off of the FantasyStrike game a few days prior and she hit one of her scumtells in her first posts in Narutomafia that I jumped on.

As I've since explained, I'm serious from the get go and would have preferred more activity before entering to assess for this game, but I don't regret how I entered. At the very worst it did kickstart viable commentary.

I honestly don't know what to make of this. You seem to be addressing Vaimes here but where did he RVS swap to Tammy? He started his vote on Tammy and went to you, then returned to commenting to/about her.

Which does remind me,
    @Vaimes I'd like to know why you feel it was appropriate of Cobalt to vote you? I don't think I've seen you say why or say overmuch about that other than 'maybe I'll OMGUS him' and you kind of did.

I can't say I like this. I really, really want to say you know my play better than that. You echoing Gemma is whatever, but it does feel like you're reaching with the 'find it towny' line. That does kind of ping me as scum trying to justify why they townread a player they know is town without coming off overtly fake.

Then I'll level my same grief from Gemma onto you, why would you say that someone is towny if you're scumreading their actions? You question why I'd do something like that from a scum perspective and then in the next paragraph call my alignment into question again. Wishywashy.

While its true she pretty much OMGUS'd him, once he explained his reasoning, she backed off. I don't see this as that much of a problem.

Same matter of shading me that follows on Gemma's 'kinda towny but he's soooooooo scummy'. Are you just repeating her thoughts entirely at this point?

I do agree with this, but how much of that is being up my own ass on lynching Gemma and lulz today is in the air.

+/-.

+/-.

+/-.

That is just a weird mistake to make. And the fact that you felt the need to blurt it out rubs me the wrong way. This isn't the same as Tammy wanting to make note about her thought on me if I was scum not being aligned with fluff.

I don't know how you mix up a three person scum team when the player list was right there in the opening post and the first rule laid down is how many town to scum are in the game. It comes across as you looking for three people you could push a lynch on and pulling together a victim of opportunity, and as much at it pains me to say it, Gemma might be innocent if we follow the theory of 'spread out your partner with the townies' that most scum do with walls and references. In this case, with lulz finger already on the trigger, tossing him in would net you some credit should his lynch follow through, and the tone of the thread at that point was very much lulz head in the noose.

I agree with this and is part of why I'm riding lulz so hard. That said, coming from you, this could just be bussing on an obviously screwed partner.

See, here's the problem, I don't recall you ever mentioning fluff as a possible scum while you were making worlds earlier on prior to shoving him forward out of left field at about the same time you decided to list lulz in your supposed three-scum-team. Before that the nearest reference you had to fluff was calling him your spirit animal. That doesn't track with me.

Yeah, see, this isn't the first time you've 'echoed' someone on a read. You did it with Gemma with regards to me, and now you've done it with dC in regards to Gemma. I'm seeing what Vaimes meant about you in #339. You really aren't making very many insights of your own so much as borrowing them from other players for your own purposes.

And now you're echoing fluff. Though it is a sentiment that I agreed with fluff on as well.

While I don't disagree about the OMGUS, her retraction followed his explanation rather than coming out of left field.
    I mean, that does kind of come across as reaching.

Okay, so, inquiry, friend-- why did you seemingly RVS vote Vaimes?
    Accurate. But if he's your partner and up shitcreek, stating the obvious and bussing an obviously sinking ship is in your best interests.

See, I don't like this reasoning. It's offering a way out come D2+ after doubling down so hard on Gemma toDay.

Okay so, uh, why do you have Fluff as the third scummiest person on your wall after that 'derpclear' comment higher up? You've done next to nothing to justify why you feel that fluff is scummy.

Coming off of this, I'm not wholly convinced that Gemma is town(and I damn well expect answers out of you at some point lady), but I'm feeling better about Cobalt being scum.

Lynch Vote Cobalt.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Specialization, I imagine.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Can someone point me to a cobalt scum game?

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    He posted catchup and nothing else and nothing jumped out at me from it, and he's a current scrutiny subject. I specifically do NOT want to form an opinion before I see more from him because catchup can have a distorting effect that I don't want to disproportionately figure into my read.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Also, I am not doing this for 'you' right now. That was enough of a slog. I can see a Cobalt/Lulz world, a Cobalt/Gemma world if lulz flips town(which would make no sense after his complete logical failures last night), and if I squint still a Gemma/Lulz world(mostly outdated after reading through Cobalt but until I get answers from her she's staying on the radar).

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...ugh, fine, I'll stop being lazy and read his ISO.

stupid conscience >_>
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh wait it's ultra short lol

I dunno, it reads like bog standard observational comments to me. I wasn't entirely kidding when I said I was willing to derpclear him, not 100% obviously but I put a fairly low probability on him intentionally getting the number of scum wrong and an even lower one on him doing it by mistake if he himself is scum.

Other than that, he mentioned being burnt out and his play thread looks like "semi-skim, pick out points of interest, comment, then do an overall synopsis". The thing is though there's not enough content for it to be reliably non-fakeable so, like, more information is required.