1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    where did he mention being burnt out?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That was me referring to the fact that the actual response to Cobalt's vote was in the quote itself, because I fucked up the formatting.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Ah, I see it now.

4. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    His first big wall post where he apologizes for being late etc. Third from the bottom in his ISO

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I am actually interested in this. This site is not easy to go trolling around to find people's games, and my only experience was that he was lynched in owner's market as town before I replaced in and he was not very spicy, lurked, didn't catch up and was town.

Based on that, here he feels tonally fine, so I'd like to see what lack of spice actually looks like so if you could point me in the direction of expectations, that would be great.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Eyeballing him in concussion, I'm not getting the same vibe as here so far.

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    yeah feel the same skimming through rwby. One of the major points was that he was posting and things felt like busy work more than they felt like reads. I'm not sure I get that same sense from the catch up post. But I do think his reaction to the suspicion here could be telling, so hopefully he'll come back tonight and some of that will be developed.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm mostly interested in how they interact with me I think. Sometimes finding out what they mean isn't as important as how they talk to me about what they mean.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Could you talk about why you expect these things? I don't really know what I would do to be honest, but I don't think it's a clear-cut as you say here and I don't understand why you think this about how I would play? Actually if anything it's probably the opposite, I would defend my partners way more than I would try to counterwagon for them because people are always looking for counterwagons and sometimes people just need one or two people to read a player in a certain way and other people follow suit even if it doesn't make sense.

What is town!fluff?

He is one of the top posters in the game, I'm confused why you don't have more to say about him? Why aren't you a fan of his push on me and what about it makes it level 0 and why is that scummy?

I really disagree with this take. I think it's super uncharitable to read their content so far and just say they are trying to stay afloat when they have been engaged in pretty serious and deep talks with both Tammy and me and haven't had that much time or space to do other things. You're kind of ignoring that context, aren't you?

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Huh. Y'know, Gemma, I like the cut of your jib here.

Let's shine some spotlight onto dC and see what he has to say. I wasn't greatly thrilled about his 'look' at Cobalt in #380 after I ran down Cobalt's ISO myself.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It's so hard to keep a track of everything when I don't have a computer 95% of the time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Thanks for coming out of your tunnel.

I do plan on going over my read on you at some point, I just don't have time right now and it's not a priority because you're not being lynched.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I do on occasion emerge as other things evolve throughout a game, though it takes a lot once I'm dug in deep. I did warn it could happen way back when though, and, for what its worth, I'm sorry if I was overtly rude to you. I don't have much of a filter in mafia.

And, alright, fair enough. I'm more interested in Cobalt's answers right now anyway.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    In general defending your only partner while they're being scrutinized is an instant gameloss. I'm assuming you'd play smarter than that. You did in your last scumgame.

town!fluff is flighty and irritating but not pursuing an agenda. scum!fluff is flighty and irritating but doing bad things at the same time.

Zen's posts are borderline unreadable in a lot of cases. A level 0 push basically means "Gemma is doing thing X, thing X is scummy, Gemma is scum". It is scummy in this case because it ignores context.

I was not aware that "you" was doing those things. you's posts have also been borderline unreadable in a lot of cases. At a glance the posts just look like "responding to things said to him".
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, goody. Are you ultra pro enough to read him on a post count that's barely double digit, or is there something else going on?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also yes I will be continuing to skim long quote-thick response posts, and if you don't like it you can policy lynch me. I am not in the mood to spend hours slogging through the thread every day.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Oh I love that. Perfect response to avoid commenting on anything I've built up for a case on anyone. I play the way I play and y'know what, it's worked out for me fairly well.

What I felt was scummy I noted down, the rest is up to him to respond to. He'll either change my opinion(via clarification, debunk) or he won't.

You hand-waved looking at anything he said and did more deeply than a frying pan's depth.

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Yeah feel quite good at Zen being town.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Join the club.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I might be a bit tilted about everything else in the game, which was the point I believe, but I feel good about that one at least.

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Um, did I do anything that tilted you Tammy?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I read your post dC, thanks for doing that. I don't think I'll be able to respond until I'm able to read it again at a computer.

19. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    No, but I’m frustrated and I’m frustrated that my frustration is keeping me from settling in at least one comfortable world view.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Point at the bits of what he said that you think deserve deeper reading, or I guess link me the post where you've done that previously.

Like, okay. I was unreasonably pissy earlier, but the point stands that I'm not up to reading your content the way you're currently presenting it. If you want me to comment on specific things you will need to point them out specifically so I can find them amongst the endless bickering that this thread seems to be characterized by (to be fair this is not entirely your fault)
    --- Post automerged ---
    ugh, I'm doing it again ._.

Maybe I've fallen for some kind of sampling bias, I guess?