1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Official Vote count 1.4

Cobalt (3): Gemma, Vaimes, Zenzao
    you (2): dC, fluff
    Gemma (1): Tammy
    lulz (1) : Cobalt
    Zenzao (1): lulz
    Tammy (1): you

Soft lynch is 5 votes, hard lynch is 7.

Day ends in 12 hours.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    oh balls dayend is at 9AM my time

okay fuck it uh

dC
    Cobalt (dumbtell is real yo)
    Zenzao
    fluff
    Gemma
    Tammy
    Vaimes
    lulz
    you

...is what I WOULD say except that votal makes me think Zen is mislynching Cobalt.

Or correctly lynching Cobalt. Fuck. I don't think that's town/town, but then the only person on Zen is lulz who >_>, and Cobalt has the dumbtell thing and...

Bleh. This is going to be one of those games where my gamestate model devolves into inconsistencies and I end up crying in a corner until someone tries to mislynch me, at which point I bite their head off and discover whoops they're town and the scum was the person hiding in the OTHER corner and keeping very quiet.

Hmm.

Lynch: lulz
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I think that readlist is still MOSTLY accurate, I feel kinda weird about zen and the wagon positioning but like I dunno who I'd put above him so whatever)

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm scumreading both leading wagons so I'm probably wrong somewhere.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't really have the time to figure out where.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    nah it's okay you just won the game already

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Vaimes
    --- Post automerged ---
    Not helping :V

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    No, do it explain it. Explain it right now because I don't think this is an actual real read.

If I was scum here, my approach to you, how you've made me feel here would be so fucking different. I want to say so many expletives at you right now, I've wanted to say to you ever since you've laid all this bullshit you've laid at me this game. I think it's scum motivated. I think since I told you last game to go ahead and try to manipulate me that's the way you went. You have absolutely ruined this game and this experience for me. You ruined my day yesterday and the 45 minutes i had to spend with my other half because I got so upset at how you were treating me here. He wants me to replace out. I want to replace out. I don't want to be here. I don't want to be dealing with this, but besides one thing I'm mostly still here because he took so damn long to find 9 people to play this game.

And I'm sure I'm the big bad person here and noone can understand why you're making me so damn miserable. But you know what, fuck it. I already walk on eggshells when trying to interact with you if I think there's a potential you're scum because I'm so afraid of hurting your feelings so I reread everything I write because you make guilt-trip laden posts, like your earlier post about trying to remember I'm your friend and not to take the read personally or you'll forgive me if I compare you to a past game and try to figure out your alignment.

Which hey you know what if you're scum it's cool you've got to do what you've got to do, but damn if it's town it's dirty. You're literally using our friendship and your knowledge of how bad I feel pushing a friend and how bad I'd feel misreading you to make me feel like shit for even questioning you or thinking your off in a mafia game. Do you realize how fucking unfair that is? It's not right.

And then to top off the guilt trip fest, you take our friendship away when I say I don't think I want to play a mafia game with you again because of how you are making me feel by the way you're interacting with me. Like if you're scum here again good job on the mind fuckery making me doubt myself, as town why the fuck are you interacting with me like this?

I don't understand why you started interacting with me the way you did about the game relevant stuff. It makes a whole lot of sense as scum for you to discredit my last read being about reading comprehension issues, when it really obviously, patently absolutely was not. I told you after the last game to go for it on manipulating me in the future, so that's what this feels like. But it makes a whole lot of sense for all of your behavior to be scum you guilt tripping, discrediting and manipulating rather than it makes sense for town.

You started off by discrediting the actual real read I had previously and calling it reading comprehension issues and it's not fair for me to read you by? Which is such complete bullshit by the way. What the hell else am I supposed to read you by besides what you say in the game? You're basically telling me I'm not allowed to read you. And moreover, you don't sound like you have reading comprehension issues. If you do have reading comprehension issues, then why aren't you a bit more inquisitive in trying to figure things out? If you think that you quite often don't really understand what someone says and means, then why not ask? Because from where I'm sitting you make quite declarative statements about what people are doing and why. That suggests to me that you feel quite sure of what they are doing and your interpretation of it.

It is then mindfuckery when I comment on the declarative statements you are making about people's behavior to tell me that it's not fair for me to read you based on reading comprehension issues.

I don't like the way you've talked to me this game. I don't appreciate guilt tripping me because I think you're off in a mafia game. I don't like being discredited about a correct read I had. I don't like that my very valid points about this game got deflected into an exercise in reading comprehension about a last game, and I ended up spending more time justifying a correct read I had in a past game, which hey fair I got baited into it and shouldn't have. I don't like that after you continued to attempt to gaslight me about a past read and make me feel like I don't even know my own fucking mind, when I expressed frustration and being done, you ended it with telling me not to ask questions I don't want the answer to. Which I didn't ask any questions besides this game relevant questions. You took me on this discrediting journey.

I want to scream. I don't want to be here. You have absolutely no idea how very much I do not want to be here. There's a huge part of me that thinks you saw that you tilted me and I ended up uncertain about everything this game and you decided to make a final push here this morning to tilt me even further. And I want to vote you for it. And I want to scream because I'm sitting here in minfuckery land still debating on whether or not this is a whole big manipulation ploy by you. And I don't know anything this game except I do not want to be here.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Didn't think I was :V

8. Threadmarks: Pause
    Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Official mod notice

The game is on hold for a bit to allow for a bit of a breather. Please refrain from posting. Day will be extended once we pick up again.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Mod Notice part 2

Miner replaces Tammy.

Game will resume in 6 hours, at the original EoD time (7pm EDT/1am CEST/9am aussieT). Day 1 will last 24 hours from that point.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The game is back on. You may post again.

Official Vote count 1.5

Cobalt (3): Gemma, Vaimes, Zenzao
    lulz (2) : Cobalt, dC
    you (1): fluff
    Gemma (1): Tammy
    Zenzao (1): lulz
    Tammy (1): you

Soft lynch is 5 votes, hard lynch is 7.

Day ends in 24 hours.

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Welp, that changes nothing because I was already townreading Tammy so hi Miner you are town.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That slot can coast.

Unvote, vote Gemma
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's two town voting for scum.

Three more votes please.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    But Gemma was nice to me and you were a butthole :v

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You don't like me because I'm nice.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I thought you said you would stop being nice

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    also lulzwagon would be great mislynch/diversion bait if lulz is town but nobody is jumping on it...

also also vaimes what's your current Cobalt read?

15. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Starting this reply now at about 6:50 pm since I figure it's going to take me a bit to address the stuff below.

More or less I just wanted you to actually evaluate with quotes of his included for your own points, not unlike what I was doing last night, because it came across like you just glanced through his posts without any effort, and in the moment that came across like scum!dC not wanting to look at scum!Cobalt when there were other possibilities on the table to set up.

After my ISO on Cobalt, my skim through a past scum game of his, and his response to me this morning, I'm feeling much better about this being town!Cobalt rather than scum!Cobalt.

Unvote.

Okay, is it because I'm quoting his entire posts and dissecting them essentially one or two lines at a time? I'll admit, I have been skimming the Tammy v 'you' barricades so I can't really fault you for skimming/skipping my own chain quotes, but it still annoys me.

I won't disagree with that notion, but would you like to say something more about the matter? I'm not seeing fluff as a viable lynch toDay or toMorrow, but come D3 or so I'm going to start scrutinizing him more than I already am.

Okay so I went back and found it and I would agree that it wasn't OMGUS, but while I was trying to find the correct page and posts I'm pretty sure that you did OMGUS me back in #114 after I voted you on #110. You do try to justify it in #122 but you could have said something to that sort when you decided to vote me back then and your rationale seems to come only after asking fluff to explain his read on me.

Do you have that explanation ready now

Yeah, I'm going to need you to point out specific instances here because as far as I'm concerned, lulz is definitely scum, the sheer bravado of his insistence on lying about dC and myself at that time makes no sense from a town mindset.

I don't particularly like any of this either. Particular points; nothing much to say about dC, were there no towny/scummy things he did that balanced each other out to leave you with a null read on him? Your main emphasis seems to be looking for someone to be scum with Tammy, which, to be fair, is also what I've been doing with lulz, so I can't really fault you for that.

I don't like the Cobalt read because you don't actually say where he falls for you, you just point out a couple things and leave it hanging for us to assume you find him scummy.

I dislike the Gemma read by heart at this point. Why in heaven's good name do you have me as your strongest townread? What have I done to that point to justify that?

How can you feel good about fluff when fluff has posted next to nothing in three irl days of game time? The most he's really said has been focused on my alignment as 'town town super duper town' and I'm not greatly happy about that on his end, either.

So again, can you point out just what has Tammy on your confscum radar?

Okay, that explains the fluff read and I won't disagree on the possibility he's a lurker scum. My points against fluff still stand.

So if you feel that Tammy is confscum, who is her partner if not fluff?

Y'see, what's especially so funny about this to me is that you just boosted me to your second highest towny rank the moment I stop focusing on you and turn my sights upon Cobalt. As soon as I relent on you answering me. What kind of world does that make sense in for town!Gemma? I was your second-lowest scum ranked player and then I'm jumped over the likes of fluff, lulz, Vaimes, and dC?

Well I hope you've made that time in the downtime, because right about now I'm looking at you and lulz again.

Post done at 7:21, refreshing game thread in another tab.

Okay, so I'll reiterate dC's inquiry, what happened to your Cobalt read? Why Gemma now?

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Reasons why I want to lynch Lulz over Gemma.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I noticed that too.

Gemma really only turned up the heat on her read on me once she realized I had traction.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Just so the rest of the thread is aware,

1. Gemma is flip-flopping on me like crazy (town to scummy to town to voting for me to null) in the span of 48 hours for reasons that are beyond me and currently has me at null (she did give reasons but none of them really made me go "oh okay I get why you're confused"). This makes no sense to me, because she just got done finger wagging at me for not having a read on her (or daring for that non-read to tread anywhere towards "scum").

2. Gemma was also pushing me for not insta-townreading her because she thinks being on a scumteam with me once has psychically bonded us. This is called a double standard.

3. I'm entertaining a world where Gemma is scum and trying to hold off on hard-townreading me in case she doesn't have enough mislynches down the line. idk what her deal is with apparently defending the entire lynch pool (dC made this assertion and I never checked it but whatever) and I'll have to come back to that.

4. She accused me of not having original content and hanging around on the sidelines (???) and hasn't backed it up.

Oh wait I never responded to this.

When a person has two scumspects and leaves their vote on the one they are implying they are less certain about while fluffing up the thread arguing with the other, red flags go up.

I've since started thinking he might just be bait but I don't think he's ever endgaming so v('~')v

also sometimes I don't engage with people I'm scumreading because I'm aware of how much spam it ends up causing. Sometimes I don't control myself, other times I do.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

FTR; I feel pretty gross about YOU if they are scum that successfully manipulated town Tammy into ragequitting.

I don't want it to color my reads down the line, and I don't think they are town just because it happened, but I think as scum it would be a particularly dirty thing to do her like that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am okay with a Gemma lynch as long as Lulz is resolved ~soonish.

I can see myself being super distracted by how I feel / felt about them in earlygame a few phases down the line, and I wouldn't want to end up tunneling.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

That's because he already got jumped on and there's no clear competing wagon. :V

It's the shrugmoji. I think scumbalt would be trying to buddy people but so far I think he's just been straight responding to things? I never actually looked, just recall skimming and seeing no buddying.
    --- Post automerged ---
    full disclosure, I don't have a scumread on Gemma

I just don't have a townread and the way she's handling me is like, tilt-central and she's probably doing it on purpose

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

¯\_(ツ)_/¯