1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yeah Cobalt's usual scum MO if he's lagging behind is to buddy a strong player and take cheap shots at people.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also feel like Gemma is a weird player for him to target if she and Cobalt are unaligned.

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Bruh. You had six hours or more to look.

Assume Gemma flips scum. Who's her partner? And on the inverse, assume that she flips town by some miracle(recall Mathblade in Narutomafia). Who then is the scumteam?

I'm trying to read this line and understand and it isn't happening. What?

3. Miner

Miner Order Member

Hi. Retirement is nice, but I'll come out to play with Zenzao in this game. (That's clearly the only reason I'm here).

I just finished my last final (lolrip), which means I haven't kept up with this game at all. I'll try to read through (it's not as much as I would've thought given that it's a game with Vaimes in it) the game over tonight and tomorrow, but you'll have to bear with me until then.

Think that's about it.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I'm sorry I'm tilting you. What about the way I'm handling you is tilting you?

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

lol

No offence, but there are other things I'd rather do. And it only took like, a couple minutes.

That sounds like work.

I'm just gonna lynch scummy people.

I think if Cobalt is scum and Gemma is town, then Cobalt would pick another player to fake a scumread on.

6. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    @Zenzao --- Yeah it was b/c you were doing the dissecty thing, but it's more on me than it is on you.

Regardless of whether Gemma is actually scum I feel a lot better about Vaimes now, I don't recall him being this assertive as scum and I definitely don't recall him getting tilted (iirc he turns kind of apathetic...)

7. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Demanding a townread from me for reasons that equally apply to you, yet you're sitting there with a nullread on me.
    --- Post automerged ---

I don't get how you can assert that I should be able to read you successfully based on last game when...you're not able to do the same? Do your rules magically only apply to me? Like clearly using our scumgame as a basis isn't working out all that well for you, otherwise you'd be able to tell I'm clearly town.

8. Miner

Miner Order Member

Oh also, I mostly don't remember any meta at all, whether it was mine or someone else's, so feel free to treat me as if I'm a first-time player.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm disappointed you didn't ask how many mafia there are.

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It was early in the game, I think read changes are fairly normal when there's not a lot of information to go off? I thought you were really town in our interaction, then dC started talking about scumreading you so I started to level my read, then you did some things that didn't feel town so you fell further towards null. I've never been scumreading you. You're probably overestimating how much my read has changed, and I don't think you've really understood many of my posts or even read all of them properly so I'm not very surprised.

Um. No. I said that because you were in a scum qt with me and felt first-hand how much I hated being scum and didn't want to post or be in the game that you of all people here should be aware how far out of my scumrange the level of content I have produced here is. I don't think that's a very unreasonable expectation and it was only one part of my read. You're still doing the thing where you latch on to one thing I have said, misunderstand it, then make a lot of assumptions about how it is factoring into my read on you and what it means.

I can barely keep up with the game, much less do the 100 things that need my attention in it. I wanted to see how you responded to pressure right at the start of the game when you would probably be feeling least comfortable, since then I haven't really been bothering with trying to push for a read on you. You're not a priority for me right now. If I feel that it's really important for me to talk in detail about my feelings about you then I will, until that time I have just voiced my basic concerns so that if anyone else was seeing the same thing then they know they aren't alone.

Hope that helps.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yes, I did, multiple times. Maybe you're not being as clear as you think?

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

#Didn't do that in MM7.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Do we just have different definitions of early? Because I'm pretty sure you wanted a townread from me pretty early based solely on "you should knoooow".
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma, if I take one part of the read and run with it, it's because it's a significant part that doesn't make sense. If I ignore something, I either consider it wrong and/or irrelevent, or correct. Something like that.

Anyway if you want to try again, with less words and clear language, in one concise post, then yeah maybe we can reach some kind of understanding.

14. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Howdy Miner. Pleasure to play with you again. Congrats on the final. I'm a wee bit salty you haven't got much to say at the moment but we have ~23 hours left so I'll be looking forward to your opinions.

Yeah, that's fair enough.

mfw.

Also, you say this but you also said you don't have a scumread on Gemma so...

Okay, thank you.

Fair enough. Thanks for answering. I am side-eying Vaimes at the moment.

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

You can look, and maybe touch, if you ask nicely.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Wait, were those supposed to be reasons for scumreading me?
    --- Post automerged ---
    You have exactly nothing to say about my wall?

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Now who's not reading posts?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Did you not see me respond to parts of it?

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Nvm, I missed posts because of automerge thing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not caught up, I just opened to the most recent page while I eat breakfast. Then I scrolled up a bit and saw your post about me and responded because I don't want to tilt you. I'm about to start work.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Please stop simplifying my reads into something stupid.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh, okay.

I'm eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Sorry, that's how it comes across. Nobody is rational when they're tilted.

I probably would have gone off on you (but not in a game-damaging way :V) this morning had the game not already been paused.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I've explained two or three times why I felt that you should know that I'm town. I don't know how to make it any clearer. I don't think it's worth the amount of attention you're giving it. Are you capable of being dense enough as town to not realize that this is my town game? Yes, of course. Do I think that you should realize? Also yes. I don't understand why this is so appalling to you.