1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    @Gemma
    If I may intrude for a minute, can you explain why your read on me 180'd in that wall you posted last night?

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Because I realized the thing about fluff that wasn't a scumslip.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway my read on you is more complicated than that. I'll try to go over it before EoD.

3. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Sigh. You know what? Maybe I'm wrong, and I'm just dumb. Let's go through it together to make sure there's no room for error. I am going to be as transparent as possible.

I'm also hoping this'll be the only time this game I tldr.
    Naked townread, I don't care enough to check what posts I made back then. I'm too used to people townreading me early :V
    She understands that I think lulz did something scummy, but doesn't understand why it makes him scum. Okay, fair enough. I do hate that she's comparing meta reads here, given that I have no outside bais for reading lulz.

I know she said "it's not about meta" but ??? I think it definitely is. You can't say "it makes sense for Vaimes to do xyz scummy thing as town" without knowing something about how I play. I can't apply that same logic to lulz because...I don't know how he plays. So ????????????????? Like obviously there could be a town!lulz who did xyz scummy thing, but given I know nothing about him I have no basis for narrowing down worlds in which he'd do x as y alignment.

My basis for this read making him more likely scum was that I had townreads elsewhere and I find vote/target mismatches to be super scummy.
    First, lol. It IS meta in that example because YOU (Gemma) made it about meta by comparing me to lulz.

Why did you say the underlined?
    Okay.
    Okay.
    OKAY.
    oh look at that, the first reasoning she gives is VAIMES SHOULD KNOW THAT---

But okay, I'll try to make it less simplified/stupid. She's voting me because I should know she's town, and because I don't have a solid opinion on her. I didn't finish reading the thing about thread presence because imo it's just a lot of words and I didn't care enough about that particiular point (if it turns out to be a Huge Thing then I guess I'll go back to it).

Yeah sorry Gemma, but I didn't really simplify anything or make your read sound stupid. This is literally the reason you gave for voting me. Like I could understand if I was PUSHING on you, you'd be like "vaimes what the fuck, you're bad or scum," but apparently you gotta be all up in my business when I'm just minding my own business and trying to do my thing. Unacceptable.
    I know you're busy, but if you're too busy to back up these kinds of assertions, then you're not allowed to use them.
    First, lol @ having a strong read early being scummy when that is what you were literally demanding from me. I don't know, Gemma, are we both not reading things properly? You made it sound like I really fucked up your interpretations of things, but...here they are. I'm finding exactly what I thought I'd find.

(My scumread wasn't even that strong?? "The sentence is death" do you know what a joke/hyperbole is)

Like if anything, this comes off as a scum overreaction. I don't know what to tell you. I had a light scumread and was playing around with it, and you somehow thought I was dead-set on killing lulz and guaranteeing he'd flip scum 100% of the time.
    Okay.
    --- Post automerged ---
    UUUUUUGGGGHHALDFJLAIFHOAEHFOEHF

Trying really hard not to roll my eyes.
    "I'm outside my scumrange" has never convinced anyone of anything, fyi.

"I don't think it's expecting too much to have a read on me," says Gemma, with a "I'm totally not scumreading you!" nullread on Vaimes.

And I keep running off with one part because it's the ONLY part. Unless I missed a post somewhere? Feel free to correct me.

---

Here's absolutely everything relevant to your read on me, minus your more recent posts since you and I are kinda just ???'ing at each other.

Small thing, but I think town!Gemma would TALK to me instead of thinking a rando vote was going to do anything productive.

boop
    --- Post automerged ---
    Aside from citing last game and saying you're out of your scumrange, you actually haven't given any actual reasons.

It's appalling because you're trying to push on me for shitty reasons while also hiding in the "I'm not scumreading you!" shadows.

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    One thing catapulted me over several other players from dead-certain scum to second-highest towny in your reads? I mean, yeah, 'not a scumslip' but c'mon.

I don't have enough courtesy in me to wait on a 'maybe I'll get to you before End of Day' when you exclusively chose to ignore my points before this when you did have the time. Combined with Cobalt and Vaimes' points, hell even 'you''s points if I'm not mistaken, I'm not likely to move my vote again unless someone does scumslip.

Lynch Vote Gemma.

5. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

t should be pretty clear to anyone who has seen my scumgame lately that I'm way outside my scum range

Can I also just point out that this line is complete nonsense? Aside from a couple of "hmm maybe Gemma's a witch" type posts, you ALMOST WON that TinyHunt. Up until you were outed, your play was completely fine and no one suspected you. So what on earth have you done here that you feel should disqualify you from the lynch pool??

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I find the way you're demanding to be townread by Vaimes extremely petulant and self-assured. If plenty of other people in the game have expressed that they feel your actions have been scummy, why is there all of this demanded expectation on Vaimes that he see through it? Clearly other people feel the same way, and even though Vaimes might know you better that might not be enough for him to just gift you a townread if he's also in line with their way of thinking.

I think it's petulant, I think it's fake, I think it's manipulative and that you're just plain scum here.

Lynch: Gemma

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think the reasoning applies? You don't hate scum like you used to and you're getting better at it every game. You don't have the same trouble with it that I do. I'm not demanding a town read and I'm not demanding perfection from you, sorry it came across that way.

If I were on that level then I would be scumreading you for it probably. It's just a thing that I don't/didn't understand from you and I was uncomfortable about that.

If you're town and you're not able to realize that I'm town it's fine, I'll see that you're town in other ways and you'll get there on me eventually. Try not to stress about it?

8. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Also his other reads are squarely in his scum take and if I ignore his thread presence then he looks like a slot I want to pressure.

Oh whoops I forgot to address these.

idk what the first part means (I guess my scumreads are easy or something) and the thread presence thing is whatever

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I almost won that because people had no idea what my town game or even my scum game looked like, and because I coasted on bad meta townreads from Jan and fonti, who both read me for emotional stuff that wasn't AI.

I already talked about what I thought you would be reading into? Maybe it would help if you took a break and came back later with a clearer head?

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

What? Princess happened right before that, which you were town in.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Take should be range, was a bad autocorrect. It just means that I didn't think you'd made any reads that you couldn't have if you were town. And I'm not sure how much to read into your thread presence since it might not be as reliable of an indicator as it was before your scumgame became an actual thing. It feels really town though.

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

No, how about you point it out, because I went through your ISO and control F'd my name and didn't find anything resembling an explanation beyond what we've already been arguing over.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What do you mean?

Sorry got to go for a bit.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Princess Mafia. The game that happened before your scum TH with me. The one where I was scum and you were town. People do have an idea of your town game because that game literally happened right before your scumgame with me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma (4): Tammy, Vaimes, Zenzao, Cobalt

someone else figure out what's happening here
    --- Post automerged ---
    Or actually here's the full votal.

Gemma (4): Tammy, Vaimes, Zenzao, Cobalt
    Cobalt (1): Gemma
    lulz (1) : dC
    you (1): fluff
    Zenzao (1): lulz
    Tammy (1): you
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, Tammy's vote is from RVS. Boo.

15. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    What's happening is scum are keeping their collective heads down while y'all barrel into a wall

...although, Gemma, Tammy, Vaimes, Zenzao, AND Cobalt all being town would leave lulz/fluff/"you" as the only possible scum options.

But like.

Hrm.

Maybe there's exactly one scum on the Gemma wagon?

this game sux

16. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hm... now that is a good point. She never moved it in all of that time? That... bothers me. Despite townreading her as the Day has progressed, she's still on that RVS vote. Why didn't she vote on, say, 'you' at some point? Or anyone else(ie lulz)? Is it remotely possible that this actually is a scum!Tammy world partnered with, say, Gemma? I don't particularly want to entertain that notion for now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I suggest Tammy/Gemma here because she may not have expected traction to swing onto Gemma that soon. It isn't unheard of for scummates to vote each other earlier, though I'd expect more vote shifting as things progressed and given the opportunity to swing off of their partner.

Probably not a feasible world.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm really convinced Tammy was town, and I think her unwillingness to vote You was more based on her feeling manipulated and not knowing whether or not they were actually scum.

18. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay, let's assume there is one scum on that wagon. From your perspective right now, dC, who do you believe is the most likely candidate? Saying that the game sucks doesn't exactly help narrow that down.

Yeah, I suppose that's true. Be just swell if 'you' could decide to drop on in and answer some questions.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't really feel like I've been arguing so much as confusedly try to help you understand :(

Hang on let me find it.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'm listening.
    --- Post automerged ---
    did it not cross your mind that I'm scum trying to mislynch Gemma?

last I checked I was pretty low on your list