1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Alright, so.

Town slots: dC, Gemma, Cobalt, fluff, Zenzao
    Might be town slots: fluff, Zenzao, Vaimes
    More Info Desired slots: Vaimes, Tammy, lulz, you
    Might be scum slots: lulz, you

I'm town for role PM. Gemma is town for a few things but one of the standouts is not feeling bad for scumreading me earlier (I don't know if I understand her mindset well enough to make this call but I'm interpreting it very much as "scumreading a townie as scum feels skeezy"). In addition, I'm kind of unconvinced that she'd bother with this whole exercise in the first place as scum.

Cobalt, look honestly this isn't RWBY!Cobalt and the dumbtell is real. It's pretty thin, but I'm surprisingly firm about this.

fluff feels like town!fluff. Double-categoried because I'm confident but also aware of my own limitations in reading him and there's no extra tonal stuff like there is for Gemma.

Zen is...playing straight against stated scum type, and coming off as very pure. Double-categoried because I just don't feel quite as good about him for some reason. Maybe personal bias because quote walls...

Vaimes had a weak start but as of #446 I am feeling better about him. I'm leaving him at this level because I'm scarred for life by Princess Mafia. Well, that and I wouldn't be surprised if he tanked again.

Tammy is practically a non-entity to me at this point due in part to laziness and in part to walling. I actually want to keep it that way so that the replacement can have a clean slate.

Lulz is similarly non-entity but the weird shit with me was...well, weird shit. Cobalt made a good point that accusing someone of something that the post you're quoting proves they didn't do implies a lack of care about actually determining that person's alignment.

Finally, it just doesn't feel like "you" is trying to solve the game. It might be me glazing over his posts (which is why I want more information), but his content just doesn't read like a good faith effort to find scum. Rather what I've seen of it is reactionary. Not much else to say about this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Just ignore the nasty space marine and do your thing. It's a D1 read, so if he has any sense he'll reevaluate it tomorrow in light of the D1 flip (which isn't going to be you >_>)

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Like what? I'm not catching up, so link or quote me what you want my thoughts on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No, I'm done. I'll talk to you and fluff and then I'm out. I'm this close to replacing and the only thing I'm capable of typing in response to Cobalt/Zenzao/Vaimes anymore are expletives and I'd rather not make this game any nastier so I'm just done.

Also, Tammy is town. I would bet the game on that read and you should too. She would never make the kind of emotional posts to "you" that she made here if she were mafia.

Also, you don't feel like you're lost and confused in this post at all. I should probably reassess on my townread on you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Vote: you

3. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean I'm 90% sure I'm wrong about everything in there because I'm basing it on small sample sizes, having skipped the vast majority of the thread.

There's just not much point to the exercise if I qualify literally everything with "but maybe they said things that contradict this and I just didn't see them!!!"

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Zenzao and dc seem convinced Cobalt is town, but you have him as scum. Why do you think he's scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Serious question, because I can't read him at all.

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What is even the VC. Wtf is EVERYONE scumreading you.

I kind of want to mercy kill them regardless of their alignment but I don't know if I actually have the stomach to follow through with a lynch.

Unvote

Whatever.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think he's scum anymore.

Feel free to scumread me for changing my read. I'm sure Zenzao will come up with some stupid elaborate reason for why I'm scum for doing it.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...this is actually a very good point.

And, uh, I'm sorry it doesn't look like I can do the same thing for you that you did for me. Unless there's something you can tell me to do that would be helpful?

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Well, if you're scum, it would be helpful if you could do something really really scummy.

And if you're town, ditto.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I started to think "you" was town but then their Tammy read happened and that made no sense to me whatsoever. Maybe I should just not read into it because it's influenced by Things.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I believe this is the current VC.

Gemma (3): Miner, Vaimes, Cobalt
    you (3): fluff, Zenzao, lulz
    lulz (1): dC
    Miner (1): you

Abstain: Gemma

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Zenzao is town because of all the effort he's put into the game and how ridiculous and stupid he's been to the point that if he's mafia then he's some kind of insane artist.

Tammy is town because of the emotional stuff and because all of her posts were town.

Vaimes might be town because he's really engaged and his treatment of me feels town and he felt genuinely tilted and I don't think he would be tilted by not understanding me if he were mafia and if he were mafia I don't think he would go the route of trying to fake being tilted and annoy the shit out of me by not understanding a single fucking thing I say.

Cobalt might be town because reasons.

lulz might be town because their back and forth with Vaimes or Zenzao or whomever it was felt kind of town and because no one cared about defending them and because the way they quit the game then came back makes more sense if they are town.

dC is something I don't know what anymore. He's not doing scummy shit but he's not being town either.

fluff is something, he feels weirdly formal.

you might be mafia but I don't know. I don't want to read them anymore.

I don't really have any lynches that I like this dayphase.

I wish fonti or Regfan were here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    You only wanted to ask me about Cobalt?

10. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I probably wanted to ask something else, but since I forgot what it was, it can't have been that important.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Well, this is a forum game after all. Just post it next time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gn

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

uh, ditto?

I’m just gonna drop the whole thing, mmkay. People (including me) keep forgetting this is a game and magic circles exist.
    --- Post automerged ---
    anyway you and lulz are both going to have to die unless they’re PRs becasuse they can never endgame so I’ll vote literally either one! Can’t say I care all that much.

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    fuck you gemma can't endgame

inb4 this game end in me/gemma/Vaimes

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

He might have been talking about "you" and not you (Gemma).

15. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

yes I meant yyyyyoooouuuuu

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I'm gonna ask you again, Vaimes, PLEASE kill me first.

17. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Are you joking? Never.

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

He already promised to kill me tho.

19. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, at least you've rejoined the game, so kudos on that front.

Alright. You aren't off the hook nevertheless.

I'd have come to the same conclusion even if there were more players. Two players "RVS" voting the same player could be coincidence or not. It gives me a place to start from.

Tammy: Saturday at 7:04 PM #2
    Fluff: Saturday at 7:06 PM #3

So uh, where is this mysterious hour difference?

Are these references for how our play continued from that point or are you implying as of HF's quoted post.

I'll agree with on #43. Not so #41.

So you're beginning your slippery slide on 'you' here for one of the weakest reasons possible to attack. Okay.

Agreed on Vaimes.

Wall noted.

Okay then, please explain your reasons for Tammy as the highest towny. Please explain what things dC did that you agreed with.

Something I'm seeing here is that you're echoing the general opinion of the early game while avoiding saying so much of your own. Like that Cobalt read. Did you not read his response to me? And that reasoning on the Vaimes read. I'd dare say on the Gemma read as well.

I'm truly not trying to be an asshole here, but have you even read anything that I've said about Cobalt in the past 36 hours? That dC said? That Tammy said? That Vaimes has said? #380, #386, #387, #388, #441.

Yes, but then why did you not raise this spectacular point at that time or at any time prior to now explain as such? I don't particularly care about a couple of votes on me. I care about finding scum and clearing town to help me find scum.

Than why in the name of heaven did you just shut down on answering me when I was pushing on you? Just... what, lady?

Show of hands for everyone who would agree that her fluff, Vaimes, lulz, and dC reads at that point in time were weak?

I'll give you that the only player I recall you mentioning with any insistence was town was Tammy.

Nope, there's nothing wrong with that, but with scum the notion is to backtrack when they realize they're losing traction on any particular point.

/shrug/ That's unfortunate. And if you missed it(which you seem to have) I did change my vote to 'you' after fluff gave a fairly solid reasoning for 'you' as scum a little later on. Which I specifically pinged you to and asked you to look over last night and you never responded to.

Fluff's #496.

Again, that's unfortunate. I understand because I've borderline ragequit in the past from frustration with other players.

I do agree with your dC assessment here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG].

Fluff's #496.

Lovely assessment, but scum can be loud and effort-y as well. So eh.

[redacted] [redacted] [redacted].

Hm...

Fluff's #496. Fluff's #496. Fluff's #496. Fluff's #496. Fluff's #496.

https://i.imgur.com/o57TIZy.gif.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Gemma (3): Miner, Vaimes, Cobalt
    you (3): fluff, Zenzao, lulz
    lulz (1): dC
    Miner (1): you

Abstain: Gemma

On another note, the leading wagons are tied at 3 to 3. We need a minimum of 5 votes on a wagon at DayEnd to lynch. I'm not budging on 'you' toDay.

20. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

lolshrug

Unvote, vote you
    --- Post automerged ---
    I should reread and put together a final D1 list but like. I don't want to go back and see the posts I've made this game.

help
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ignoring Mimmy and Zenzao, I think if I had to put together a "who am I wrong on" list, it'd be

scum | Cobalt > dC > fluff > Gemma | town

lulz and you I just honestly have no idea. I'm gonna ISO them.