1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Doesn't particularly affect my lulz read, but I'm a lot less sure on Gemma now.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    @Zenzao

I missed dayend b/c I didn't know how long the extension was and I slept 'til about 9 that day. (I was off work sick)

Also I think y'all are underestimating how much Gemma's little pep talk yesterday helped. My overall arc should make more sense if you look at my play after that as having more coherence but still having gaps in my knowledge from the points in time where I had less, and the general reason for slipping was that I didn't really have an "anchor" in the game, so to speak, combined with OoG stuff that made it difficult for me to act as one myself.

Also I disagree about Vaimes dying fucking scum over, I kinda think he was going to come good this game and require NK or endgaming. I was pretty disappointed finding out he died.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Mm. When you have the chance I'd like to hear more about that. I'd also appreciate it if her replacement could join the game soon.

@dichotomousCreator
    I don't quite buy that but I won't push you over it.

As for the rest, /shrug/? I don't quite like your reasoning here either. So who are your present scum?

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Closest I have is probably lulz but recent history makes me reluctant to commit to that.

There pretty much HAS to be scum on the you wagon even setting aside the whole "town lynch" thing purely by weight of numbers (only other possibility is dC/Gemma which FMPOV is impossible) so I think ranking that wagon is probably the way to go at this point.

Gun to head I guess it'd be lulz > fluff > Cobalt > Zen. Chuck Gemma in between Cobalt and you and you have a whole-of-game ranking, even.

My main issue at this point is that I don't feel strongly that anyone in particular is scum (lulz is weak at best and I'm actually pretty confident fluff is town and it only gets more confident from there) which guarantees I'm just straight up missing something b/c there's at least one more scum in there. Also lulz/fluff is, like, the scumteam I would push if I were scum trying to get lurky townies offed so >_>.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like lemme be clear my present gameread is mechanically wrong and I'm not sure how to proceed from here.

5. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    So shouldn't you have fluff further up the list if you feel pretty confident that he is town? Why have him second on your list of lynches? I do agree that its probable there is scum on the 'you' wagon, but I can see all of fluff's points from yesterDay and I still side with them. As I've said I haven't felt that Cobalt is scum here, though I may need to reassess that going forward. That leaves me and lulz and I'm just fine with lynching lulz toDay if his responses and activity don't measure up. Off wagon leaves the second scum in you and Gemma. I'm heavily on the fence with Gemma because she was awful D1.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean, I'm more confident that Cobalt, Gemma, and Zenzao, are town, individually, when compared to him. He's second to lynch purely by PoE, and this is the main reason I'm sure I'm missing something.

Like, imagine how you would be viewing the game if you had a green check on me and a townread on Gemma.
    --- Post automerged ---
    tl;dr when I go to put fluff further up, putting him ahead of anyone in order to do so feels wrong.

7. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    [/quote]
    Okay, fair enough.

In that case I'd still lynch lulz and if he flipped scum I'd have to really look hard at Cobalt and Fluff. And between the two of them right this moment, I'd probably side with Cobalt since he at least was willing to vote on lulz at first chance during DayEnd.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Mmm.

I think I more or less agree with this, but like...

fluff's famous for getting mislynched and it makes me uneasy. I'm willing to speculate that I'm just straight up wrong about Gemmaslot, but I am also pretty sure I will be 100% biased to townread it due to how yesterday played out so I probably just shouldn't be trusted to assess it at all.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Hmm. Looking at the votal with only modconfirmed alignments, we have:

you (5): fluff, Zenzao, lulz, Vaimes, Cobalt
    lulz (1): dC
    Miner (1): you

Not voting: Gemma, Miner

Adding in my strongest two townreads, we have

Therefore there has to be at least one scum on the wagon.

I actually hated Cobalt's dayend, so I wanna go with the scumteeam being lulz/Cobalt, and both scum piling on late onto a town led wagon to ensure there was a you lynch.

lulz
    (1): dC

--- Post automerged ---

--- Post automerged ---
    Also, @Zenzao, I believe that Cobalt's lulz vote was one that he knew was going nowhere due to thread dynamics at the time.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This was the votal at the time of his vote

you (4): fluff, Zenzao, lulz, Vaimes
    lulz (2): dC, Cobalt.

Abstain: Gemma, Miner

we needed 5 to lynch lulz. I stated I would be gone at DayEnd. Lulz isn't voting himself. Gemma already left thread. you hadn't shown up in like 24 hours.

So he had 30 minutes to convince every remaining player that lulz was scummier than you. And he knew that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And if he didn't know, why did he not make a case for a lulz lynch?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Actually looking back the vote I really hated was from Vaimes and not from Cobalt which is obviously a moot point now so yeah)

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I suppose that is a fair point. It still seems too easy for both scum to be on a myslynch wagon D1 exactly because of votal examination come toDay. But now that I'm thinking about that, they couldn't have known that Vaimes would die in the Night alongside Miner and now they've lost the chance to play around with votal analysis for toDay and feed off of any mistrust in Vaimes that was present yesterDay. I know that I would still be doubting him if he was still alive.

That is fair enough. Hm...

Also a good point. I'm going to look back over his posts after he tried pushing on Gemma and see if I get anything out of it.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

For some reason I was convinced that it was Cobalt

Hmm. I'll need to reread Cobalt and Gemma to see just hiw the day played out.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think a large part of my dislike of Cobalt is that I literally can barely remember any of his posts from throughout yesterday.

Which is why I'm gonna ISO him now.

I guess
    --- Post automerged ---
    He spends the whole day arguing that the world is lulz/Gemma, which is actually a plausible one.

Not much else, but still. What he does have is pretty good.

This is so frustrating. Why can't someone just scumclaim already.

12. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    This is how Cobalt's return to the game went at End of Day.

I mean, I don't really feel bad about this? Do you think he was bussing here when he pushed back onto lulz?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Correction, I missed a couple of relevant posts.
    Then it goes into the posts I quoted previously.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I already said it, but the vote I hated was Vaimes's vote, which is, ya'know, obviously something I would have been wrong on. I confused Vaimes and Cobalt. Somehow.

Sure that might be a bus, but it's not as bad as I thought it was.

14. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Okay. And I do agree with you on Vaimes vote. 'lolshrug' I mean c'mon. I wasn't really happy with his progression toward End of Day.

Mm.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Hard claim neighborizer randomized to Tammy D1

Idc about anticlaim now that priest and stuff has died.

I softed it, hold on.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh Miner was supposed to quote the soft so that I wouldn’t be in this situation
    --- Post automerged ---
    --- Post automerged ---
    And btw the world is definitely Lulz/Gemma
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy treated the neighborhood chat like it was her QT most of the time, which is where my
    hard townread on her came from. It was why I was willing to vote You, because before she replaced out she went on at length about how she was sure she wouldn’t be feeling that manipulated unless You was scum there. It was wrong.

Now can we go back to killing Lulz with fire please????

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I don't think we ever stopped killing lulz with fire :v

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Here's my problem. Why did Miner unvote Gemma yesterDay then? Shouldn't he have the same access as Tammy given it was her slot he replaced on?

Looking up the role, there is no guarantee that the Neighborizer will be the same alignment as who they invite into the discussion. It also says that they tend to be invitational only at Night. It does mention that it is moderator discretion whether they may be allowed to talk during Day.

I'm going to need to look over Tammy's posts and see how her inclination are you developed.

18. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Miner unvoted Gemma because his reads were different than mine. We talked about that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I never said I knew Tammy was town BECAUSE I was neighborizer, but because of how she behaved in the neighborhood chat and how she treated it like a QT so I got to witness a lot of her thought processes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Miner also didn’t fully read day 1 and was supposedly getting to that so I didn’t actually get the rest of his thoughts.

He was sure Vaimes was town though, but so was everyone.

19. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Hm... let's say for a moment that I buy this. Did you crumb it anywhere? Any other references you can point to? I know you said something about Miner supposed to be backing you up.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I quoted the breadcrumb.

If you look at that post, it sounds awkward if you say it out loud. I’ve never given a read by saying someone’s in the neighborhood of anything in my life, lmao.

Miner was SUPPOSED to back me up by quoting MY breadcrumb but he died.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I made a post at Gemma saying I was town and could prove it down the line if pressured.

Initially the plan was to claim / soft innocent child if I got too much pressure, but we would full claim the neighborizer together if I really got backed into a corner.