1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Maybe we should just hold off on massclaiming until tomorrow and lynch lulz >_>

Like, okay. If lulz appears, then one of two things happens:
    - Lulz claims, and we can continue the massclaim
    - Lulz does not claim, and we lynch him for not claiming.

If lulz does not appear, show of hands who's willing to not lynch him?

So it almost seems pointless to do it today in light of that.

OTOH killing someone for inactivity at MYLO is fucking terrible, but like.

If lulz is town and will never post again I'm not sure what we can actually do about that :/
    --- Post automerged ---
    (I do want to give him until dayend to show up and claim, but my point is that if he doesn't I don't mind not massclaiming until tomorrow)

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Okay, say that lulz doesn't appear, who do you suggest we lynch otherwise then?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm trying to see why lulz would possibly have gone after dC the way that he did about 'you' from the perspective that they're(lulz/dC) partners. I really don't think that lulz was too far along anyone's radar before that to explain why he'd push such a gambit. All it did was incriminate him for nothing. It jeopardized the scums odds. On the other hand it gave dC some town credit? Which maybe would have been enough to coast on? Especially if he helped lynch lulz?

But then D1 went down the way that it did and the lynch target eventually swayed off of lulzs despite his scummy behavior and 'you' was mislynched instead. Lulz seemed to turn up again only after the heat on him was up. And dC has been hella wishywashy about his reads for some time now. Really middle of the road.

The fact that his (last, I think) wall D1 had three confirmed townies in the bottom four, with lulz sprinkled in accordingly, is bugging me.

And now this 180 mood swing on massclaiming, as if the anticlaim mechanic kicked in and dC learned something troubling in scumchat.

I mean? And I keep coming back to this post of his a day ago and I'm not really happy with it either.
    Please point out this pep talk. So far as I can see she refused to play ball when you tried to encourage her and she was pretty doubtful of you and pointed out the same concerns that I just did.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Looked at Cobalt one last time. Pretty sure he's just town at this point. Like would probably bet the game on it.

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Looking over lulz' refined wall he has dC on his own tier as 'lean town'. Doesn't explain why other than a vague 'general agreement'. He's got two confirmed townies in his bottom four.

Reasons why?

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well,

He's been pushing lulz since the beginning of the game, and I don't think scum bus that hard off the bat in a 2 scum game.

His posts have very little fluff.

General attitude scream townbalt, especially now, when he would have an excuse to just disappear (like some other people have) and he hasn't.

6. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    True. He's also been pushing Gemma though usually voted for lulz.

Do you think the team is more likely to be lulz/Gemma or lulz/dC right now?

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I currently think its more likely to be lulz/Gemma.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    I'd be moderately pleased if that was the case but it seems too easy. Could you do an ISO of her since I can't trust me own bias right now?

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Might take a while, but expect it before dayend.

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Thanks fluff. I suppose I should go over lulz again and see if I can find anything more conclusive.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

@Zenzao just started the iso, and I already found something weird.

(Post 52)

(post 60)

Things do not look good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    for the Gemma slot

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Two things:

I want you to explain, in solid mechanical terms, what we lose by massclaiming tomorrow if we lynch lulz today without further posts. If you can point something out then sure we'll finish it up today, but if town at large loses nothing then I'd prefer NOT to give scum unnecessary information for tonight's nightkill.

Also:

Guess I'm not the only one not reading the thread :v
    --- Post automerged ---
    oh yeah and if lulz doesn't appear I'm proposing we lynch lulz. I'm just saying it sucks to be doing so without any further actual input from him.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I mean it sucks but if lulz is afk town we lost anyways, so I'm ignoring that world as one we can do nothing about. He did say he would be back tomorrow, so we may want to see if he appears tho.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yeah this is why I wanted to wait for EOD and continue the massclaim if he claims. I'm just really not seeing how we benefit from doing it today instead of tomorrow if it's not going to affect our lynch decision today, and I CAN see worlds where scum benefit from such (they're fairly self-evident: a townie claims a previously unknown PR and gets shot)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Like, to reiterate, the main reason for a massclaim on ANY day is to see if the results will affect the lynch on that day. Scum have had long enough to decide on a fakeclaiming strategy since the announcement thanks to lulz not appearing, so more time until the massclaim offers them no benefits while the massclaim itself still has a chance of informing tonight's kill (there's 4 townies, one claimed which means the anticlaim gave scum a second one, thus there's a possible world where the remaining two town contain a single PR...and more importantly, scum DON'T KNOW whether the remaining two town contain a PR, no PR, or two PRs. So they can't optimize their decision to fire into there vs. firing at Cobalt)

15. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Since you didn't give a reasoning for your backtrack on massclaiming today and with my other little suspicions piling up I felt it was worth pointing out. So far as I see we have nothing to gain from massclaiming now compared to tomorrow evening. I'm not suggesting we just lynch lulz immediately before he has the chance to claim something. I'm just getting impatient with this Day dragging on. There's hardly been any momentum since Sooh fucked off with nothing relevant said so far, and it's pretty much just you, me, and fluff doing much at the moment.
    Glad you posted this as it affirms we're on the same page. I've got Narutomafia's final day in mind which is why I wanted us to wait to massclaim until after Sooh and lulz.

I will completely give you that. I glazed over her brickwall there. I was referring to her #542 and #549.

Yeah, we might wind up with another 'you' situation and we saw how that backfired.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean I don't disagree, and I can understand you being a tad impatient, but if lulz flips day-activated innocent child or something I'm going to be pissed :v

What happened in Narutomafia?

17. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Mm.

It was a no flip game but all of the roles and their abilities were in the opening post. The Day before, there were 2 scum left by analysis. Kalas was the poisoner, at Night he could guess at any role to match to a player and kill them but if he guessed wrong in his qt than he was outed in the game the next Day. Well, he got a few right and then one wrong and that broke the rest of his guesses and he was outed. So we were able to piece it down to so many roles remaining after lynching him. Enter the last Day, I believe it was 4 or 5 players alive. We each went in a specific order of claiming, with the most likely scum, Typhon, going either last or second to last. The rest of us were able to back up our claims with crumbs. Typhon was lynched successfully.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Oh huh, I was assuming you meant something went WRONG in Narutomafia :v

19. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

That would be sad.

20. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Thank fuck, no. That game is why I will never play another no-flip again. Some might enjoy it but it was a one time deal for me.