1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Well I'm glad that one time deal was mine :D

2. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hah, likewise. You were a pretty good mod if I remember right and I did have a generally good time, the worrying was just not worth it on the whole.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Not a fan of Witch Hunt, then, I take it?

4. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Not in the least. You?

5. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Eh, it's passable. I have fond memories of doing well in WH12, but on the other hand I think it works best when the roles implement pseudoflip mechanics which perhaps says something about the format in general.

I do really like the "role and alignment are separate" conceit, though, as it basically invalidates massclaiming without resorting to anticlaim mechanics (which in my opinion usually do one of two things: fail to prevent massclaim, or become so important that they replace regular mafia gameplay with a game of "hide the role". Possibly both :v)

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Exactly my plan!! Mwahahahaha

I’ve been pushing Gemma because Lulz was a read that nobody disagreed with.

The Gemma read was met with resistance and so I posted more about my read on Gemma than I did about my read on Lulz, even though I felt way stronger about my Lulz read.

That said, I think Lulz goes down now for sure. Sooh swapped into a dying slot so I honestly would like to see what, if anything, he has to contribute.

Regardless of claim I think Lulz is just the lynch today for sure.

7. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean, verifiable claims DO exist in theory, but yeah.

8. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Storm right outside the house at the moment guys. I'd rather not take a chance it fries my computer. I'll keep an eye on the thread from my 3DS but since the move to Xenforo I can't reply to anything.

9. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Stay safe!

10. H_A_Greene

High Score:
    Thanks fluff.

So for what its worth I'm probably not going to be back in the thread again until somewhere around 9 am for a bit and then after that 3 pm to DayEnd. It's currently a little after 5 am and I haven't been able to sleep yet and I've got to take care of stuff shortly, figure I'll finally catch a few hours in the late morning into the early afternoon.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I will be in a similar position in a few hours, so I'll vote before then to avoid falling prey to Yet Another Missed Deadline

12. lulz

lulz Muggle

1. TWO PLAYER RVS VOTES are meaningless to me. That's because people use wagons and to help formulate reads. If you've ever visited MS from way back in 2005 or so you'd see that wagonomics was a primary scumhunting tool. Seeing who was willing to put people at L-2 or L-1 and who did it unannounced. Seeing when counterwagons formed and when so that associations could be created.

The point is that people use wagons to scumhunt.

Stop focusing on irrelevant minutia.

Its been a continued thing since the start of the game.
    But its not a weak reason to me. Quite the opposite. I see scum frequently using "this player is frozen" as an excuse to pressure and even mislynch townies who can't defend themselves. I'm happy to see "player is frozen" losing its place as a scumhunting tool and I've been attacked by the accusation by scum before.

What did you note about the wall? @Zenzao

If I'm saying the same thing as other players then it can't really be helped. For example. I mentioned the first time around that "Tammy had a TOWNIE CONFUSION in post 79. I didn't realize that Vaimes had come to the same conclusion earlier for pretty much the exact same reason when I directed a response to him.

But even outside of that Tammy's questions looked like the type of questions that would actually go somewhere and help her understand the gamestate.

When I look at your questions I mentioned that they're "try-hard" because they don't seem like they are that effective for helping you understand the game or that wouldn't be asked at all.

But I don't like Cobalt's posting about his Neighborizor read and its effect on the game. In fact I don't think a neighbor role has any effect on balance. His "oh shoot miner was supposed to help me breadcrumb" is silly. I couldn't imagine wanting someone else' help to breadcrumb a role. It feels manipulative. I don't recall Tammy ever saying that Cobalt was town.

Regarding Dichotomous....

This is something I do sometimes as well. Doing things without being explicit about why and hoping people will think about it. Dichot seems to perceive things they way I perceive things on occasion. I guess I didn't see as many things I wholeheartedly agree with than I initially thought, but the things I did see had a pretty strong impact on me.

One thing I would like to point out is that there has been a lot of repeating points. Not sure why Zenzao is asking me about it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jarizok

Did you mean to have Zenzao and Fluff here or is this a game mechanic?

13. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    yo lulz, claim your role immediately.

You may then smack me for not refreshing the thread often enough >_>

14. lulz

lulz Muggle

@Zenzao

In regards to flips...
    Right now I'm at

Town
    DC
    Leans Town
    Zenzao

Null
    Fluff
    Sooh

Lean Scum

Scum
    Cobalt

Someone talk to me about Gemma/Sooh. I don't know how to read them. And fluff has not done a whole lot of anything.

@Fluff
    Please lay out why you think I'm scum?

@Sooh
    Can you tell me what you think about Zenzao? Also just your general thoughts on the game state?

I noticed that everyone seems to have very similar reads but I see nothing to try and shake it up. The only variance seems to be either Cobalt and Sooh.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think we should mass claim because I think there is an investigation role in the game but I'm vanilla townie.

15. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    If there's an investigation role they're equally valuable as a hard clear vs. as an actual investigative tbh. If they're high town then there's good odds they were gonna be shot anyway, and if they're suspect then scum can't shoot them without eating up a mislynch.

Also the anticlaim means scum probably know who they are anyway.

Also if scum shoot a claimed investigative then Cobalt gets to neighborize a second time (unless he's oneshot?) which is potentially useful.

Also why are you assuming there'd be an investigative in the first place?

Also, if you didn't want to massclaim you should not have claimed yourself. This makes very little sense.

Also cobalt claimed a PR, so find a better lynch target or discredit the claim.

Also I claim VT, Sooh should claim next but there's a good chance I won't get a window after he claims but before dayend.

Also I'm going to bed soon and will probably sleep through dayend so Lynch: lulz

16. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    lol

catching up now.

17. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

The votal I posted is correct.

18. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    I guess you people actually can ISO on your site. That'll be helpful later. I'll put Zenzao on my list for ISO once I'm done catching up.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wait. THat was way fewer posts to catch up on than I anticipated. I guess that makes things easier then.

I'm not a fan of mass claiming. I guess if today is going to be between me/Lulz I understand asking for us to claim, but anyone else claiming is just making the pool to hunt PRs from smaller for the scum team.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Official vote count 2.2

lulz (2): fluff, dC

Not voting (5): Cobalt, lulz, Sooh, Zenzao, Zenzao

With 6 alive, soft lynch is 4 and hard lynch 5 votes.

Day ends in just over 8 hours.

20. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Uh, looks like Zenzao has a double vote?

I've started reading from the beginning now. Will try to be around, but there's limited I can respond to outside my own reads/leans yet.