1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    oh what the balls

okay so daytime QT-activated doublevote granter or some shit that decided to trigger today for some reason, woohoo

point of everyone claiming immediately is that we can clear anyone who claims PR. In particular, if the power level of the setup as claimed seems reasonable we can clear Cobalt (whereas if even a single PR remains unclaimed we should probably remain suspicious)

hmmm...on the other hand, with the knowledge that someone did whatever the hell that was to Zen we could potentially let someone claim "responsible for that" and nothing else.

I dunno, it's probably not gonna be my problem so :v

2. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Can you talk a bit about this reads list? Does it go from towny to scummy? Do you usually post these lists so early on?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Ugh. Preview button is exactly where my usual post reply button is. I then get sent to a preview and spend a solid 5 seconds there wondering what happened before moving on.

3. lulz

lulz Muggle

I don't think we should mass claim because I think
    Don't like this post. It seems deliberately bad on purpose? Its flippant at least.

ALSO ALSO ALSO ALSO

1. Why are you assuming scum have that information?

2. What does neighborizor have to do with being town? Its been elaborated at length that neighborizor doesn't have to be town. What townie wants a neighorizor over an investigative?

3. I already said why I think there is an investigative.

4. The consensus is to mass claim. Not mass-claiming against town consensus would be sus as fuck.

5. I already pointed out why I didn't like how Cobalt handled the claim.

Going back to this though...
    This doesn't make sense to me.

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    The anticlaim mechanic reveals a random townie's role whenever a townie claims. It's in the OP. It's likely tripped enough to give scum most or all roles at this point.

If Zen is an investigative then likely Zen would have been shot anyway so him claiming is no harm, no foul. If Sooh is an investigative, then we were probably gonna mislynch him and lose so again no harm no foul.

I don't see where in your post you say anything about why you think an investigative is in the game. Repeat it or link the post, please, and also maybe reevaluate it given we now have non-investigative town PRs running around.

There was a big discussion earlier about how neighborizer is very likely town, however I'll give you the point about Cobalt. That was a big part of why I wanted a massclaim in the first place: to adjudicate whether he was likely town or scum.

This does suddenly become important given we have a known town babysitter and a known town doublevote granter (scum with a doublevote could have won on the spot today).

Side note, if the doublevote granter is Sooh he should claim it to remove himself from the lynch pool.

5. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    lulz and DC around posts 150-200 is giving me a headache. lulz didn't look too great leading up to it, but through the discussion there were points that I did like.

Also dC, Sooh is a she, and she has no powers outside of her vote.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I would also be very careful about placing 3 votes anywhere today, given that 5 votes is a hard lynch. If Zenzao is scum it would be enough with just two town votes in the wrong place. Kind of tempting to go the no lynch route today, given that I'm still around post 250, but I'll try to read the last 500 posts as well and give you my leans as I go.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Yeah, my issue is that it's 2AM and I really should have been in bed hours ago, so I'm going to have to lock in a final vote before then.

No lynch isn't a bad idea, but the end result is probably just "someone we weren't going to lynch gets killed and then we're back where we started". If we think we can get some actual value out of that then sure.

7. lulz

lulz Muggle

NO LYNCH

Because I think there's an investigation role out there.

8. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    I hate how the quick reply box saves part of the content from my previous post and wants to post it again. What the hell, software?
    Fair enough. There's always the option to no lynch at F4, though that means we have to lynch correctly today.

9. lulz

lulz Muggle

@dichotomousCreator

10. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    If the investigative doesn't give out their possible results in MYLO then idk when they're supposed to give it. It would be different if the game had more players perhaps, but here I feel like they might as well say what they've been up to. Especially if the anticlaim mechanic works the way some of you said it did.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    the fuck does a babysitter have to do with an investigative role existing? To me it counts AGAINST that because it permits follow the cop (i.e. investigative claims, babysitter protects, scum shot on investigative bounces)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean there's a chance the babysitter was outed by the anticlaim mechanic but it's still pretty devastating.

12. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    For the time this was posted in the game, this is an assessment I would agree with.

I didn't like Cobalt's entry wall, and I'm having trouble understanding both where lulz is coming from and how him/dC was productive in any way.

13. lulz

lulz Muggle

Actually I think there wouldn't be an anti-claim due to double-vote giver.

hmmm...

14. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand what you're getting at. Please explain?

15. lulz

lulz Muggle

FUCK. MY BRAIN

I don't think there would be an investigative due to double vote giver.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Sooh

I tried to issue a quick correcting but it got cross-posted.

16. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Let me see if I got this straight.

You thought there was an investigative.

Now you don't, and the reason why is because there's a double vote giver?

17. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    The anticlaim mechanic.

Is in.

The OP.

And multiquote isn't letting me properly quote it and I'm not quoting the whole post, so go find it yourself :v

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Given that everyone else is claiming, I'm vanilla town.

19. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Hey Fluff! Got some time to hang out?

I'm currently on post 400ish. Missing your content up to that point. There wasn't much there. Care to share some insight with me?

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm around. What kind of insight do you require?