1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WoW Mafia Game Thread

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Jarizok, May 5, 2018.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Pretty sure everyone except sooh claimed.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, isn't no-lynching bad here, since scum go from having to convince two townies to convincing one townie?

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    sooh claimed VT.

No lynching today is probably more or less irrelevant as 99% outcome is Cobalt gets shot and we're back where we started.

That said it does buy us a bunch of extra time so it's mostly useful for making use of that.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh. Sooh claimed VT? Did everyone else have a role?

4. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I'm VT and iirc so is dC.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Oh okay.

Probably wanna lynch Sooh.

I was 90% sure on Lulz/Gemma being the team and barring some spectacular play from Sooh I’m inclined to go with my gut.

But I’m gonna re-read the thread with each of the remaining people in mind as Lulz’s partner and see where it gets me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I’m mildly concerned about scum Fluff, but I have to flesh out my thoughts on that.

My questions to each of the remaining three players:

dC:
    - Consider both Gemma/Sooh and Fluff worlds. Which one makes the most sense as Lulz’s partner and why?
    - How has Sooh’s play so far either fallen in line with your Gemma read or subverted it?

Fluff:
    - I’m mildly concerned that your content is shallow. Do you see why, and could you address that concern?
    - Give me 3 reasons to consider a dC world, whether or not you believe dC is scum.

Sooh:
    - Explain Gemma’s disastrous D1 moment where she nitpicked at Vaimes’ Lulz read and made him re-explain himself 5 times before writing him off as town. Do you agree that’s one of the most damning things your slot has done this game now that Lulz has flipped scum? How can you explain it if your slot is town?
    - Who is your strongest scum read and does it align with Gemma’s earlier reads? Does it differ?
    - What parts, if any, of Gemma’s earlier play have you considered when making your current reads?

6. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    "Explain what another player was thinking as she was trying to determine someone's alignment."

I haven't considered or even read most of Gemma's earlier play.

I'm trying to determine if there's a world that it's possible that it's dC, because for the most part I've liked his content, but he might be just good. Fluff hasn't really wowed me, but I mean, I'm in no way certain that he's scum because he doesn't wow me with his posts. I know plenty of (fairly) low effort players who get lynched for being low effort over and over again, and people keep being surprised they're town, so I have to take that into consideration.

I'll be scarce over the next few hours because I'm at work. I'd most preferably like to no lynch today, but keep day going as long as possible just so that I can get into the groove of things. I'd also like to exclude the world where you're just fibbing, Cobalt :p
    Even if the NK is you 99% of the time, you can let us know the way you lean before Night starts.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I won’t be hammering no lynch until almost day end, so you have time.

I’d appreciate the insight on the Gemma thing I pointed out, if you can look it up later.

8. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Can you give me post numbers-ish?

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I can’t find the post number on my phone but it begins here. It’s relatively early.

If you ISO me and check out my catch up post (the big one) I talked a lot about it.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    - So rereading fluff's ISO, lulz seems to be the closest thing he had to a flagship scumread. For this reason alone I think Gemmaslot/lulz is a scumteam that makes more sense. (Also I really hesitate to say it but Gemma's less-than-happy posting this game is more likely to come from scum!Gemma, whose only known weakness is not actually liking playing scum. Seriously. I don't care how much she denies it, Gemma's scumgame is fucking scary otherwise)

Additionally, some replies to lulz early in the game ("this post tells me you haven't been reading thread") just seem odd as conversation between the only two scum in the game.

- Sooh's play has largely failed to impact my Gemma read by being quiet and inoffensive. However checking her ISO I did note the following:

This is what we in the business call "hedging your bets", and leaves Sooh in a position to either bus lulz or attempt to rescue depending on how the rest of the game plays out.

Overall my Gemma read was moderate town but heavily biased by her pulling me out of my tailspin around the end of D1. Indeed, if she were still in and playing up to standard I'm not sure I'd find it in me to lynch her at all (partly because of that and partly because she has a great town tone).

I've tried to avoid overbiasing towards my initial lean here, but like. Fluff's ISO by itself just isn't an ISO I'd associate with lulz's scumbuddy.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

So against your better judgement you’re thinking it’s Sooh/Gemmaslot?
    --- Post automerged ---
    W/r/t your Gemma read, I mean.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    It's more like it's against my worse judgment. My better judgment tells me I'm reading Gemma town for NAI things.

13. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Oy vey that's a nitpicky argument. I mean, it's all about semantics really. I don't understand what Gemma was going for, but apparently she found whatever it was at the bottom of that page.

It's tough to do any sort of objective analysis on the conversation, given that I know both people included in it were town. I would venture to guess that it's part of a process Gemma goes through to figure out Vaimes.

You can look at it from a couple of perspectives.

There's the "defense of lulz" perspective which may or may not have played into it. I don't know if Gemma was seriously thinking lulz was town at the moment or if he was just null or scum. From an outsider's perspective it could be looked at as defense of a scum partner. I know it wasn't, but you don't.

There's the "figuring out Vaimes" perspective, which apparently involves getting into a lengthy debate about semantics. It seems she stopped pursuing it when Vaimes finally said that his read was flimsy and could be based on NAI things, so I take it that gave her something?

Other than that I can't really see any worlds where this conversation belongs. I guess it's for us to ask her in post.

I don't really know what you were after asking me that, but that's the best analysis I think I can do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It was in a state of rereading. Tell me one reson why my slot which was pushed the moment I entered the game wouldn't just bus immediately here.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Because without knowledge of how well you or your buddy were faring or the general gamestate, you wouldn't want to commit to a bus in case it turned out to be a bad idea.
    --- Post automerged ---
    (cheeky answer: because your slot is town and therefore can't bus? Oh wait :v)

15. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Second option was correct.

You're assuming lulz wouldn't have informed a new team mate about gamestate?
    --- Post automerged ---
    *crickets*

Clearly solving this game doesn't mean much to people. I've been basically camped in the thread since I got home and nobody else have showed up. I need to talk to people to solve. That's how I solve. None of you are here to do that with me.

16. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I went to sleep. My timezone is really unfortunate for this game. It's currently 8:13AM, and your post was at 3:48AM.

I'm assuming you were in catchup and lulz has been inactive in-thread all game and probably wasn't any better in scumchat. Also that you might want to assess the thread yourself before deciding on a course of action.

I'll be back on in like 30 mins max, so not voting yet.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, uh.

It's 10 mins to deadline, so I assume we're no lynching.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ...wait, did I fuck up and deadline isn't for another day? ._.

17. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

1: I don't believe my content is shallow. I don't do huge walls, but I have provided reads with explanations throughout the game, led both lynches, and i think I have been pretty vocal overall.

2: reasons to consider a dC world:
    A sooh/lulz world is just two lurkers together, which might be too easy.
    Gemma's activity might be too high for scum.
    uhh... dC is a good enough player to pocket me? I guess
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yeah I'm not seeing it

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    (FWIW fluff basically always looks shallow due to playstyle in my opinion, I don't think that means he actually is)

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Here are my problems with this post.

I asked Sooh about that argument Gemma got into to try and get inside his head and see if his opinion came sort of organically. But there are a few of these subtle I-am-town statements in this that it feels contrived.

"given that I know both people included in it were town."

"I know it wasn't, but you don't."

As a town player I tend to not make statements like this because I don't need to specifically explain by describing situations as "well, I'm town so that's what this means coming from me". It just feels a little bit fake.

And the way Sooh asks why the slot wouldn't just bus immediately is a major deflection. There are lots of reasons why you wouldn't bus immediately. Yes, you were pushed right away because of Gemma, but you weren't run up and hung out to dry and everyone was saying they were going to lynch you. There was no immediate danger in which self-preservation via bussing would've been a viable option for you.

That, and the way bussing is talked about makes it seem like Sooh is talking from a scum perspective. "Why wouldn't I just bus?" is attempting to gain credit for NOT bussing their teammate right away, even though there were no pressing reasons why they should.

Just seems a bit forced to me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really, really agree with dC here too. I didn't get the chance to flesh my thoughts out earlier because I was traveling, but I'll do so now.

I like the unalignment talk when it comes to Fluff and Lulz. Particularly, that reply that he posted from earlygame which seems like it'd be just an odd interaction for the only two scum in the game. When it comes to mafia, I find that usually early quotes that you point out between potential team members just make sense when it's the right pair, and it certainly doesn't if it's Fluff. That being said, I'm hesitantly willing to rule out Fluff.

And the particular thing he pointed out about Sooh hedging on Lulz is something that occurred to me also as I was reading it.

All in all I'm basically in line with dC here and I'm pretty sure it's just Sooh. I'm willing to let it go to F3 if dC and Fluff feel like they can make the right call, or we can just lynch Sooh today. I partly want to no lynch just so that I can absolve myself of responsibility in this MYLO by dying so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    No Lynch does allow us to hedge out scum!Cobalt :v

That said, I'm pretty ready for this game to wrap up (no-one's fault, but my first foray into two games at once has been pretty exhausting)