1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

What's the most disturbing thing from a story that's stuck with you over the years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mickey, Mar 30, 2018.

1. DoctorPotter

DoctorPotter Muggle

A lot of the posts in this thread ring true and I can think of a couple of creepy fics that follow along similar lines, but one disturbing thing that's kinda stuck with me for a while is the soul bond in Hope by Jeconais. Harry basically controls Gabrielle's, what, every action, and anything she does in defiance of him causes her extreme pain or something? And her entire existence is moulded to be 'perfect' for him. It's played off as her bravely facing the pain to stop Harry doing something awful, and the moulding some wonderful expression of magic and love, but really it's a little disturbing to me and has stuck with me for a while probably because of how lighthearted the portrayal of the entire situation was.

2. Microwave

Microwave Professor

I think the intention was to romanticise Gabrielle's infatuation with Harry and demonstrate her 'utter devotion', but the author got a bit out of track and ended up creating some sort of fucked up mind control bond.

3. Nevermind

Nevermind Headmaster

High Score:
    My vote would have to go to The Real Us – the fanfic that, almost single-handedly, ended the brief Harmony OTP phase which introduced me to HP fanfiction.

To cut a long story short, after saving Hermione from the troll, Harry gets his reward… in form of a blowjob, for reasons that have escaped my memory. The start of a beautiful and healthy relationship, I‘m sure.

I remember being both disgusted and, somehow, morbidly intrigued to such a degree that I actually finished the fic, if only to see how the framework of the story – Harry and Hermione present their version of events after the war – would work out. Naturally, the Weasleys got the collective behinds handed to them and Harry and Hermione lived happily ever after.

4. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    '

I clicked.

Whoa whoa no no no no no no no no

Thanks, Joe.

But other than what I just read, the Harry/Cho story from 2008ish where out of nowhere Cho is a dickgirl. No leadup, just boom she's Cho Wang and Harry is just k whatever.

5. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

There's this fic that I think is somewhere on DLP's archives that features Harry and Cho killing Umbridge and for some reason, as they watch her die, Harry's getting Cho off. I don't remember what it's called, though.

6. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

I thought Cho having a cock was common knowledge?

7. vlad

vlad Banned ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    To the reader, sure.

Not to Harry. All I ask.

Remember, in hp world "Remus lupin" doesnt mean wolf, "sirius" doesnt mean dog, and "chang" doesnt mean feminine penis

8. Tobin

Tobin Banned

This one. Still creeps me out when I remember it. It's about Snape's obsession with Lily continuing with Harry. Pedo Snape/11 year old Harry

https://fanfiction.net/s/4878604/1/Lily-s-Eyes

Just an example of how creepy and disturbing it is. The first few lines.

Ron paused in stuffing his face. The youngest Weasley boy scooted closer to Harry and bent his head towards him.

Harry turned towards his friend in askance, his eyebrows furrowing. "What, Ron?" he asked when Ron didn't say anything.

"Snape is staring at you again," he answered, whispering. "I don't know why, but I don't like it. It's giving me the creeps."

9. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

Over the years I've gotten pretty much numb to a lot of disturbing things in fiction. I'm like one of the coroners on TV who get so used to dead bodies that they eat their lunch next to a cadaver with an open chest cavity. That Todeswind chapter going into graphic, gory detail of cannibalism and torture that he gave about a dozen warnings that you are going to need kitten videos preloaded as after-chapter therapy? Not even the slightest twinge of disgust. Pretty much the only things that get to me nowadays involve a character I have a deep connection to.

There is one thing that manages to break this demeanor of a detached observer: having the main character's love interest cheat on him with another man. There was some personal IRL stuff a while back that make this sort of thing kick my heart in the dick. 'Bonus' points if she gets pregnant with the other guy and tries to pass it off as the protagonist's, tainting every moment of joy the guy would have with his offspring. They don't even have to have been together for it to upset me--when Murphy in Dresden Files ran off with Kincaid, my reaction pretty mirrored Harry's, which I guess was the point.

But if we have to pick a disturbing thing from fanfiction that fucked us up for a while, I'd have to say Get What You Wanted is one of the top candidates. It was 2010 and I was on a Rosario + Vampire kick. I had been reading around the fandom, looking for sugary sweet WAFF goodness when I came across this one. I swear that it was a sequel to a six-digit word count story, though I can't seem to find it. So not only was it tainting the relationship that I had built up in my head through other stories, but a specific story that I had invested serious time in as well.

You know what? I'm going to put this in spoilers. No reason to depress people who just came to gripe about disturbing fanfiction.
    Anyway, I was riding high when I came across this story. It was written by one of the big names in that fandom; a prolific author who other authors based their stories around. It starts with the married male protagonist and the female (vampire) protagonist arguing about how to raise their future kids. The vampire had a terrible time growing up in the human world and wants to keep them away, while the protagonist thinks that it is an important of his childhood that he wants to share with them. Neither is willing to budge and in her pride, the normally sweet vampire issues an ultimatum: If he will not agree to raise their kids her way, she will find someone else to give her those children.

Now the protagonist doesn't believe she will go this far. She's just trying to bully him into her way of raising kids, preventing them from ever knowing any of his friends or family from the human world. But then she calls a guy over. The guy is a werewolf, former classmate, fellow club member, and close friend--a womanizer with a heart of gold, no matter how much he wanted the vampire for himself. While the protagonist is in the next room, she takes the guy into their bedroom--their marital bed--and has sex with him while the husband can't bring himself to leave while hearing his wife make sounds that she never did with him. Then the 'buddy' comes out looking smug and the wife asks if her husband is still out there while covering herself in embarrassment at the idea of her own husband seeing her naked. Without saying a word, the protagonist takes off his wedding ring and leaves it on the counter before leaving the apartment.

The really galling thing about all of this is how the former classmate doesn't seem to get any comeuppance and that it takes something like a hundred thousand words and a dozen people telling her so to begin to realize that she fucked up royally and nobody is on her side. She kept thinking that it was the only thing that she could do in that situation, and it isn't until she finds out she is pregnant does it really begin to sink in. I can't really remember how the story finished, because I gave up partway through.

Apart from how fucked up the story was itself, it ruined the author (whose works I had previously enjoyed), the entire fandom, and the series for me for a long time. I couldn't stomach even looking at some of the characters because of what they did in this story, no matter the context they appeared in. The fandom was pretty bare in those days, full of bad fanfics and halfway-decent ones that I had already read, so there wasn't anything to cleanse the palate either. All anyone could talk about was this story, and there were about a dozen spinoffs and fix-fics about it that were the only source of Rosario + Vampire fanfiction back then.

So yeah. Fuck that story. NTR is truly the worst fetish.

10. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Probably something Vash wrote.

And this too.

11. moonpotato

moonpotato First Year

That'll be The Taste of Blood is Sweet by Heather Sinclair. It's in the library as well.

12. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Heather does have an odd fixation on dick girls. So that checks out.

13. deyas

deyas Groundskeeper

Not a thing, but a story: Intoxication by nostresreges. Far and away the most creepy story I've read, but likely not in the manner the OP meant.

If we're talking unintentional creepiness, it would probably be an adult Harry in a child's body having sex with an 8 year old Tonks (mentally and physically), under some justification that it was ok because they'd be married in the future. Played completely straight. Can't remember the authors name anymore, but he exclusively wrote stories that were monstrously long, with Harry and an accompanying harem visiting 15 different alternate realities. I'm sure most of you know the type. Ok smut otherwise, but that made me nope the fuck out right quick.

14. zugrian

zugrian Fourth Year

For some reason, some of the more outrageous things often don't stick with me very much-- I've read a few of the stories mentioned here already. But the one story that still makes me cringe from reading it about a year ago is Dagger & Rose, a well reviewed supposed Harry & Fleur "romance" where they are kept apart by things like mind control, behind the scenes conspiracies, and an incredibly evil fiance who rapes her and gets away with it.

I wanted to vomit after reading that and felt nauseous for three days. Admittedly, sexual assault bothers me a lot more since I have a little girl of my own now than it did when I was younger. But that story in particular really stuck with me in a bad way.

15. Zombie

16. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I've been meaning to delete that story for awhile now (I already took down the sequel years ago). A problem is it's been bootlegged so often that just removing it from DLP and fanfiction.net wouldn't do much good.

17. Zombie

I mean I happen to like Dagger and Rose.

18. Methos

Methos High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

High Score:
    we have Hagrid in canon, and the implied relations between Hagrid father (human) and his mother (giantess)

Remember Knowledge is Painful

19. Odran

Odran Fourth Champion

I think the entire Firebird series qualifies for this thread. One particular part that earned my disgust, harem shit and non-con aside, is the way Luna is healed so that she could have children. How do they 'heal' her? By pummeling her pussy with a huge dildo, with an attending audience.

20. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Yeah man, even for Darth Marrs that was pretty bloody weird. Dude has some pretty nifty ideas at times (with dodgy execution), but holy hell can he write some WTF moments.