1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Really?

"Gemma is acting really similar to her last town game, so she must be trying to imitate it as scum." Is that possible? Sure. Is there any evidence pointing towards that now? Not in the slightest.

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    It kinda felt like she was trying too hard to make jokes that were falling flat.

The whole "insulting me for not getting it" thing largely canceled it out (partly for clearly not being nervous and partly for indicating that rather than falling flat, I might just not have been getting it).

3. fontisian

After dC answers, make sure you talk about how it came across to you, Zen.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think those are protown things. People have been saying that they'll never townread fluff again etc. and he didn't even want to join this game because of it, I had to talk to him and convince him to join so I think it's less of a joke than you realize even if Vaimes wasn't being very serious in that post.

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I thought in your how to read Tammy thing you posted, you talked a bit about my tone and how to read it
    (also did you too Nacho's, I don't remember.)

I'm sorry if I'm picking on you a bit; you're just the person I know best here and you're someone I'd like to have sorted to help balance out my reads if you're town. I know you said in a later post not to stress about it and I'm not, but.

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I really doubt people are actually going to stop townreading fluff on principle. fluff isn't special in that he has the ability to fool people.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hahahaha this is awesome I love you.

I'll talk about my Jan vote in a sec.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I mean he doesn't say "similar", he says "identical". The point, as I understand it, is it looks SO identical as to be suspicious.

Do you have any opinion on the commentary he makes re: Gemma going on Jan?
    --- Post automerged ---
    actually scratch that last one let's wait for Gemma to talk before going into it

9. fontisian

Counterpoint: it doesn't.

Let's leave it at that.

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Oh I did not realize you were feeling protective of fluff because of that. That makes sense if you were letting him know he has a friend here.

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

People are ignoring you.

You might need a mirror to spice up your life.

[​IMG]

It worked for him.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    This sounds more like a disagreement with the point than a "this is scummy" thing.

Is there something additional that makes it scummy rather than "wrong towny", or is it just scummy for being wrong?

(Ignore this if it doesn't count as a sufficiently different topic, I guess)

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Letting fluff know he has a friend here?

What happened between games that made people bully the guy?

And who in here would be people who played last game with that opinion?

Looking at the playerist in am confused but it has nothing to do with the ongoing game so no need to go too deep into it.

I am still voting fluff! Muhahaha.

14. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Yea, I see people are in actual mafia mode already, so I'll skip the CPHoya cop copypasta and just go with a DANK MEME.
    [​IMG]

15. fontisian

Did I call it scummy?

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It was a serious vote yes. As much as any vote on page 1 can be serious. I voted him because I thought his entrance was awkward, like a pop-in "hi this is a meme-y RVS vote, it's a thing that town do, ok bye" that scum sometimes do.

This is funny because Vaimes scumread me for basically the exact same thing last game. First of all the caps were meant to be joke-y, I wasn't treating any of this like it was super solid reasoning or anything. But to answer your question, when scum enter stiffly it's usually because they're trying to do something that looks town and makes sense and doesn't upset anyone and is nice and clean, so they plop down this joke but they don't do much else and so on, whereas when town enter they often just come in and do a bunch of stuff and a lot of it doesn't make much sense and it's messy.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Holyyyyyyy shit I forgot you were in this game, fuck this is awesome.

I love you. Hi.

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I mean .. when stealing posts then you should steal from the great ones.

18. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's not just similar though, it is literally the same behaviors from the last game applied to different players for this game, in much the same order. And as I've said, that pings me as suspicious.

And if I haven't said it before, I'll say it now: I look at behaviors more than 'why would ___ do this as either alignment?' at first blush because that is how I learned to play mafia years ago and it has stuck with me. My first thought isn't to pause and assess the why behind their behavior so much as it is to assume they're doing it because they're scum, especially this soon into the Day and the Game. I'll eventually reach that kind of questioning, but that's much further down my line of thought, which is probably why I end up tunneling so often.

While I can see that, compare her first several posts in RWBYmafia to Mimefia and see if you can notice a difference in her tone.

I kind of did already? I can always pull up the quotes directly again and go over them piecemeal as I'd first intended.

19. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    That's usually what saying you don't like someone's content means.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Please do. I think I've seen a thing or two for why you would vote Jan as I was looking back over the earlier pages before your vote on him, but I'll wait and see if we're on the same notion.