1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    also I'm not gonna claim to be a "master manipulator" or whatever and I didn't actually WANT to upset Fable but I do think there's a better chance he'll be read correctly now so shrug, 50/50.

Not like I have another target though. I know! I'll tunnel Cobalt for the exact same reason, it'll be great.

2. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hey maybe we should lynch Jan

Lynch: Jan
    --- Post automerged ---
    Now allow me to check his ISO to see if that was actually a good idea

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I don't think Jan is almost ever with Newcomb? The way he flipped his read from town to scum feels like not how he would do that if he was with Newcomb. If he was coming out townreading his partner Newcomb he would surely keep townreading him if he came under pressure and not just instabus, or he would maybe "doubt" his read a bit possibly? I don't think he goes straight to scumreading him.

But if Newcomb is town then I could see Jan just going for it because pressure on town Newcomb is always good if you're mafia.

I'm not sure how much I believe in that read but it might be a thing.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Woo suddenly a wagon!

Vote: Jan

Choo choo

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    First thing that jumps out is his scumread of Gemma is basically "too wordy" and...I dunno. To me that seems obviously because hyper and also he's implying she's not doing things and like a) it's fucking first half D1 and b) I feel like she is?

Other notes include that whole thing where she tried to talk to me earlier and quickly gave up on it/became suspicious because of how I responded. The point of a conversation like that as scum is to HAVE it, which means you don't care all that much about what the other person is saying and certainly don't, like, I dunno how to put it but, have expectations for them and behave that way if they're not met.

(p.s. Gemma, this pocket is super comfy. Alternatively I am clinging to this one townread like a life preserver and will not be making my own reads this game, rather just using my apparently high skill at pushing lynches through to aid someone else)

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(I hate you.)

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    [​IMG]

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(Keep talking about Jan.)

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmm.

The insta-dumpster on Newcomb is A Thing, since unless I'm messing up my chronology it happens at the point Newcomb starts coming under fire or at least soon after. I also didn't really notice it. This makes it seem kind of opportunistic.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(The I hate you was about the pocketing part, not the pushing lynches for me part!)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Yes.

10. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Okay this is where it came from originally (post #478)...and the Newcomb heat started...lemme find

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Jan was one of the first people to talk about how Newcomb was weird, though. I think he said it after I said it. Or after I thought it.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Boop.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think there was any real "heat" on Newcomb until my posts. Before that it was just fonti and Jan saying "hmmm weird" and Miner naked voting him. It's not until after that that Jan goes from "Newcomb weird hmm" to "Newcomb scum" I don't think.

12. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    yeah I'm looking at the chronology and your not-case on Newcomb is quite a bit after Jan's thing but at the same time his progression is, like...nonexistent? Like his readlist just suddenly has Newcomb low with the worst thing prior to that being "this notches my townread", and it's...I dunno.

I dunno how to finish this sentence but I'm realizing from champs that "disjointed" doesn't mean "did reasoning in head not in thread"

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeah true .. I was the first and only person you called scum for a long time.

And while that might have been fun at the very beginning it became an obvious tunnel afterwards.

So .. you know. go f*** yourself.

You could argue that thread didn't make sense, but I argued that before, you just have to read instead of bing a gigantic waste of time and space.

Kay

Thanks

Bye.

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    You're probably right that Jan/Newcomb isn't w/w, what do you think the odds are of v/v?

cuz if they're low then it's a pretty good wagon pair for this gamestate I think
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why is Gemma apparently misreading you making you pissed off?

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That was a joke, Jan...
    --- Post automerged ---
    Tammy: I was wigged out that you thought fonti should be hard townreading you.
    Gemma: I wasn't being entirely serious. I also said that Vaimes and dC are lock town and Jan is scum, if you didn't notice.

I thought that the implication there that I was joking about all four things was very clear.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Boop.
    --- Post automerged ---
    A person who was town in champs had a disjointed read or you townread a person in champs and said that they did their reasoning in their head with a disjointed read but they were scum?

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It was until you voted for me with the reason being the very things you "fun scumread me before" .. which made that fun scumread a real one and it a continuing tunnel.

Either you scumread me early on for being serious and it continued. Which is a tunnel.

Or it was just fun and your case on me was ass/built on lies.

Pick one. You can't have both.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

dC, read this post for me? I don't understand it.

Jan, there's a difference between thinking someone has done something scummy and scumreading them.

18. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I read Manasi as "disjointed town" and they were scum instead.

He's saying you scumread him early and either:
    - You WERE serious, in which case you are now in a tunnel
    - You WEREN'T serious, in which case you haven't presented actual reasons to scumread him and thus your now serious scumread is effectively pulled out of your ass

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Um. I don't understand how this a question.

20. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...because if they're v/w they're good wagons and so I want to establish if this is the case?

If you mean "how do I not know the answer already", it's because I am not smart.