1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yeah, he's not.

Your head isn't on right wrt to reading him or me.

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Also, ask yourself this. What are fonti's reads right now?

Because I sure as shit don't have a clue.
    --- Post automerged ---
    He's not what?

My head is on right just fine. You're imagining things.

3. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    And you reckon this is alignment indicative?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it maps to the post count list fairly well.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Maybe! At the very least she's not producing readable content which I think makes her more likely mafia just on the most basic level.

Yeah that helped. (I hadn't read it before I made that post.) I don't feel like she's been pushing anything though or really done anything / been very outward with her reads which is more what I am referring to.

5. fontisian

My content is readable.

I am very skeptical of your head being on straight here.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hmmm.

I mean one thing I noted from the two games Zen linked me was that neither of them had her saying a lot in the early stages of the game, and when I asked you why content A is alignment indicative your answer was basically "well it's not content B". Which isn't so much a reason to point out content A as it would be a reason to scumread generally.

Still. We've established that I can't read, so who am I to argue? Just make sure your head IS on straight before committing to the follow-through :v

Lynch: fontisian

Maybe it would help if you were more specific? Like, pointed to stuff that you feel like is readable content?

7. fontisian

I'm not going to go through my iso and fucking quote myself. I posted thoughts. Read them.

8. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Hey, I already did that, no need to get snippy at me :V

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I was going to wait until tomorrow to say this because I kind of want to see people's reactions to Jan unadulterated but I don't know how much time I'm going to have tomorrow if any so I'm just going to talk about it now.

I think Jan's whole thought process of "you're tunneling me" to "you're terrible at reading me" makes more sense if he's town. It's possible that he's mafia and he's thinking something like "I hate Gemma I can't believe this stupid bitch caught me" but I think I have to go a little further to get to that read and I think it's more likely that it's just face value Jan pissed off that I'm misreading him. (There are a lot of layers but one little layer comment is that I think the feeling that you're being more scumread than you actually are is kind of a scum one so I'm conflicted on that point in particular but that's also balanced by how sensitive Jan seems to be about me so it might just be null.)

There's clearly a lot of OOG stuff there in his pissed-off-ness that's complicated and difficult to parse in an alignment way but I think through the mess of it I end up with Jan as town more often than the alternative. There are a few small things throughout his ISO that I think hint towards it being more of a genuine thing, one of those being in that post, the fact that he rambles into talking about how bad dC is playing before returning to me, it flows really naturally and I think if he were scum he might have played up his thing about me a bit more than he did and be a little bit more focused on it.

I'm not super sold on that read because so much of the emotion that's driving that explosion from him isn't related to his alignment and it's hard to get into his mindset in an alignment way as a result, but I think I'm happy with it for now.

10. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Mm.

I have an actual townread on Jan now.

11. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    I wanna add to this that Jan's way savvier as scum than "oh no a D1 case I am doomed time to get angry"

12. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Oh hi Gemma.

Mindmeld!
    --- Post automerged ---
    Too many words, but yes, drama llama Jan is town.

font, stop dragging me back into the lynch pool if you don’t want to comment on my reads. Or burn.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Wait what. You've confused me with all these A's and B's. It's midnight goddamn it go easy on me.

I don't know why she thinks my head isn't on straight. I mean I know she thinks I'm like influenced by emotions and stuff but I don't really get it. I think she's expecting me to not have my head on straight and assuming that I don't without really checking with me whether or not I do. If that makes sense. Lol.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I mean everything he said came from genuine feelings regardless of his alignment. If he's mafia he didn't post that because he was scared of my push.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm not going to townread you for this :V

14. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Allow me to clarify:

In the first quote, you say you dislike something specific. In my question, I ask you to verify that the thing you dislike is alignment indicative.

In your second quote, you seem to be saying it's alignment indicative because it's NOT a certain other kind of content.

That's more or less irrelevant to the specific thing you pointed out and doesn't explain why font not commenting on the Jan thing and saying "take a break", specifically, is scummy/dislikable.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I was referring to this:

I don't think this is applicable because I don't think he would consider himself "caught" at this point on D1.

15. fontisian

You shortened the case for Jan!town to the point where it became false. Drama llama jan is jan.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

This.

17. fontisian

No. You're getting caught up in specific ways of thinking and fallacies and you're not aware that you're doing it.

I think I'm done discussing this.

18. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Not really? There’s “you’re all dumb” Jan, and then there’s “stirring up shit” Jan. I don’t remember him being this flavor or drama llama as scum.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hngh etc.

There are specific things about her that I dislike. Most of them aren't worth talking about. One specifically is that I dislike how much she has been on the periphery. Part of that is that she hasn't really been outward with her reads, which I mentioned. It's... a general thing but it's also a specific thing that I can point to??? I don't know how to phrase this in a way that makes sense. I should go to bed honestly.

Scum fonti does less things than town fonti. I think. That's a thing that I read her for. And it's not really something she can just adapt into her meta once she knows about it, so...

And in this specific instance she didn't commit to any kind of a read on the Jan thing which... is not doing things... which is more in line with her scum meta... this is really weak and small but it's a thing that I can read into. It's also even less indicative because maybe she just didn't want to touch it.

If that doesn't make sense still then don't worry about it.

20. fontisian

He was in that last witchhunt on fs, where he got lynched d1.