1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Miner

Miner Order Member

Cobalt/Newcomb w/w

Easy

2. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I am back! I still have a bit of a headache and don't feel great but I think it's due to allergies since I've been battling this on and off all week. Anyway when I've got a headache I sometimes get snippy and don't follow trains of thought really well, so sorry ahead of time and if I misinterpret something just uh tell me to read it again or something.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh in retrospect, since where I'm picking up is after Jan talked about it, I kinda liked the reason for the early newcomb town read. Him showing up and doing *something* when he wasn't going to be here and had declared that previously is good enough for an early game impulse read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh in retrospect, since where I'm picking up is after Jan talked about it, I kinda liked the reason for the early newcomb town read. Him showing up and doing *something* when he wasn't going to be here and had declared that previously is good enough for an early game impulse read.
    Sure, if they're a sorrowful man I guess :p

Is Zen that particular type of scum though?

I'm just not sure I've seen that type of apologetic from scum in that way so early. Him apologizing makes a lot of sense for town who suspects someone again who was really annoyed at the suspicion from last game.

(Like I think that that type of archetype of wolf is one I fit actually because the main reason I hate scum is the monumental guilt I feel pushing people I know are town, but being actually apologetic in thread about it. I usually save that for the dead thread, but I guess I could see myself using that as a tactic. IDK)

But really does that archetype apply to Zen?

Also last season of Game of Thrones was just really good.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It wasn't you who said that I don't think. I'm pretty sure it was wiggles who replaced into the mafia universe game, and I thought it was you at first because you were on the replacement list.

3. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

No. "Why me, fry me". It's a joke because the "why me" thing is stupid, but I actually think his response of "but I just woke up and posted how is that scummy no fair" is scummy.

4. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Hi Gemma!
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't follow? I'd not consider Gemma an easy target. Do you?

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Hi Tammy!!! :D <3

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

pop in!

If you don’t like my timing, but my timing is literally NAI, but you think is scummy anyway, then that’s kind of shitty but also not really worth arguing over.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Vaimes' pop-in was wolfy because he displayed too much of an awareness of the gamestate. It didn't feel like he was coming in as a villager, seeing things happen that he had no idea about and responding in an appropriately uninformed way. The "or burn" comment to fonti in particular feels like the way he talks when he's mafia trying to look unafraid. There's really no lead up to that comment or evidence that he's scumreading fonti before that, so it feels like he came in and saw me pushing on fonti and wanted to join in.

Honestly, everything about that post feels fake.

And I think it's scummy that he did nothing else as well. I feel like he'd have more to say if he were town in the very brief period he was here.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Haha, hi.

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I feel like a really huge horrible hypocrite to say this, but something about this response feels overexplained. I hate myself for saying that because of the amount of shit I get for being wordy so often, but I think maybe the reason why it feels that way is because unless I'm misinterpreting, Gemma was talking about the forcedness of a read that didn't quite match with the tone? (I'm not sure how to interpret thread temperature of other posting besides tone) of his other posting.

Like he's spent a lot of time explaining on thing, but not the thing that actually bothered Gemma.

Unless I'm interpreting everything wrong.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Miner, do you have townreads?

Also, you didn't get my read on you right at all, jsyk.

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    The proper way to do that Vaimes is to say "villagery pop in" or "wolfy pop in" and say nothing else tsk tsk

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

man I hate quoting on mobile when I can’t see the whole post

Gemma, the Or Burn thing was a joke, because you said it first.

I don’t really want to get into another argument about what you think I should be doing as town. I really don’t. You can ask me things if you want.

Otherwise I’m p fine. I have townreads I like and will let other people do the active poking until I’m able to pay more attention to the game. Right now I’m doing other things and mafia will still be there when I’m done.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah I felt the same way about that post. It also felt weird how much he was engaging with people's problems with him because he usually doesn't do that at all.

And yet he completely ignored one thing from me, which feels bad.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Honestly, I thought about asking for a D1 pass but figured I could at least have some posts that show what I’m feeling, so. You’ll take what you get for now.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I told Jari he could burn like, half the game ago. I get that it was a joke, this doesn't make it better.

I am not beholden to read you perfectly and if you're town then I'm allowed to think something you've done is scummy. You don't have to make it a thing that we argue about.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

eat me

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Cool.

Bye.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Never mind my earlier question then. In the last game, he said something about him being a big busser though.

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

K.

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Like, you can't just always respond by saying don't scumhunt me or I'll get upset and leave. That's not fair.

20. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I'm here now!
    --- Post automerged ---
    :(
    --- Post automerged ---
    so so been there. sort of. I didn't forget how to village because that's the alignment that comes easier to me, but I roled scum like every game for almost a year across several sites a few years ago, and it seriously affected me in how I get my reads. I used to get decent early town reads that I felt pretty confident in, but I haven't been able to get back to that point. I think spending a year fooling people affected how well I can trust my town reads on people. It's really quite frustrating.

I don't think wolfing is easy, but giving reads as scum is easier; it's the trying to trust your reads that's hard.