1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Why would we do that?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He's a combination of unengaged and opportunistic.

3. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Cobalt

4. fontisian

Why do you agree?

5. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    He posted a thing that was like "Newcomb's scum but I'm not saying why"

This COULD be a lazy scumread, but because reasons do actually exist to scumread you I have to consider Miner has some.

Look, sometimes lazy is true. He has OoG which explains the low posting, and his posts do whatever the opposite of pinging me is and fit into his town meta. I dunno what more you want from me :v

Remainder of comments pending while I fail to figure out what the fuck is going on
    --- Post automerged ---
    Man you gotta add the "fry me" bit for it to work D:
    --- Post automerged ---
    Okay, done.

Enjoy your reaction testing I guess, for the record I'm not going to try and read lowposters today which disqualifies a lot of the main wagons from contention at the moment >_>

6. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    BA DUM TISS

man the game of thrones season finale was soo good. I should be able to catch up more quickly from here.

dc and gemma's discussion about fable is going over my head.

7. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

He has less posts than me (always a red flag) and what posts he has are largely useless fluff.

8. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Huh. I just usually fly by the seat of my pants when scum...although way more so as town too. I don't think I have many tabs open either way.

This isn't game relevant, I know. I'm kinda buzzed now. But super plus my headache is gone.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Why? I was reading her casenotacase on newcomb as townie along with her frustration

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Sure I do.

Exhibit A: fluff

10. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    If you're asking me about dc, I'm gonna have to go back and look after I catch up. Which I will do, along with wanting to look back at zen.

With dc the only thing I've noted as off is that his catchup felt a lot less hipshooty than last game, which i don't know how much to read into that. Losing a game to someone who is also in the next game you play can affect you a lot, and I'm feeling a bit sympathetic to feeling down after a champs game. I just kinda remember myself after last year's wild card game, and how i felt and we won!, and the really off way I felt about and approached the games I played right after and I'm reading all that through that lens.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think I like Tammy. Pending review of owners market. (By the way, I want to play that setup again)

12. fontisian

Fucking quote what you're responding to.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

D1 passes are all out for you I'm afrad. Amirite?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am sorry for neglecting you guys, but I really will have more time soon. This Day Phase is 100% the worst.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That setup was awesumsauce.

14. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    That's an awesome setup, yeah. Regfan modified it from a series of games Magua ran at MS. It's just a really fun setup.

15. Jarizok

We still love your setup too Sooh! Not that I know anything about what roles are in it of course...

How could I?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fun posting is fun.

16. Miner

Miner Order Member

@fontisian

Relax ._.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    No, wait, what?

What is your read on fable?

18. Jarizok

I'll be asleep soon. If there's things I need to have an opinion on someone please point me in the right direction.

19. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I didn't get that out of what he was saying?

Wasn't he saying you were more in your town vibe and you took issue with that.

You guys are confusing me!
    --- Post automerged ---
    never mind sorry. He said you were missing your town vibe.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'll fight you for that :axe:
    --- Post automerged ---
    But you did? I realize you weakened the vote by saying it was mostly to get him to do stuff, but you did give reasons you were suspicious and put him near the bottom of your list?, which and I don't want to get into a semantics argument over what means scumnotscum, but people usually interpret that as a scum read.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm going to project a little bit here, but one of the better ways to read me when I'm in a game with nacho is how I approach interactions with/and read him. Although we have way more history, I've never really been able to quite get the subtle paranoia/interact thing with him correctly, nor has he with me when it's s/v. This is something that's kinda been growing, and earlier today I did read some page closer to the end which I believe had a vote from Gemma on Fontisian on it, which made me think that you know what Gemma might just be town here because last I know Fonti is town reading Gemma, so Gemma!scum would maybe be capitalizing on that instead of poking at it.

20. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Back in the signup thread, you said you'd join this game if I and fluff joined, and initially I turned it down. But a little later I changed my mind because I didn't want to be the reason you were excluded from a new game after the way WoWmafia turned out for you, and I figured if there was a delay for a while for dC to finish the game he was in, I could catch up on sleep and get passed my reluctance to get into another game so soon(and I was making no headway with my Quest update I was trying to force at that point). I'm still as tired as ever and other little matters in real life suck, but I've been trying to keep in mind what fonti told me in discord post-WoWmafia in my approach for this game(in essence, don't be a dick, there's another person behind the avatar and posts I'm reading/responding to) when I have actually been playing instead of absent.

The problem is that old habits are ingrained pretty hard, and like I said a while ago, the first time I see something I don't tend to look at it from the perspective of 'why would ___ do this as town/scum' but automatically assume it's because they are scum. So my push on you here is because it came across like you were repeating every step you took in the last game in this game and what pinged me there pinged me again, or I guess more accurately would be to say rubbed me wrong still, and I fell back into the tunnel. After looking back at your posts from then and the posts that I didn't like here at fonti's prod, I realized that you weren't copypasting your play but following a similar path, and that I was just hung up on what I didn't like from last game striking similar cords here.

In essence, I feel better about you being town here when I stop going with my first instinct and take the time to analyze. If you want specific points raised I can pull them up, but for now I'm going to go over Jan. I will say before I get into his ISO is that what I remember of Jan from Narutomafia has been more lighthearted, but in all honesty other than a few memorable moments like Mathblade's breakdown, Kalas' outing, and the final few players revealing crumbs, I don't remember as much about the game as I would like.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, if I drop off without a word following this, the power was probably knocked out given the storms in the area. Otherwise I'll usually comment when I'm stopping because of bad weather.