1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Jan *hug*

2. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Was "D1-tier scummy"

Now not bothering with one.

Also back on CPi it was all "being uncertain about reads is scummy because scum can just wiggle out of them so there's no scum-catching motive"

3. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    yeah, sorry but telling someone to come back when they're more rational is pretty badfeels thing to say to someone. To be on the receiving end, it feels a bit condescending, yah know, and doesn't really end up making for a good interaction. (Do you remember how i felt by how Prism interacted with me in that last game as MS? It made me feel kinda like that.)

Do you think there's a world where Jan, as scum, uses personal animosity to deflect you and get you off his back?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't understand the last sentence? Can you reword?
    --- Post automerged ---

dc, tammy, gemma, zen as town. Jarizok as scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I think that newcomb might be scum and it depresses me because I don't want him to be and I don't want to vote him in case I'm wrong :/

4. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    ...posting an uncertain read doesn't actually help catch scum and is therefore fake content?

It's mostly if ALL your scumreads are posted as uncertain, but Fable was basically my only scumread at that point.

5. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    My record of snap claiming when there are minimal votes on me says that no that's not a general thing that is more indicative of scum, but I'm not sure how many people are as sensitive as I am and that's a huge thing I'm trying to change about my game, but.,
    --- Post automerged ---
    AH okay, but it does so don't feel like you have to sugar coat it. I think it depends on who you have to play with and is your anchor. I've played many games where my uncertain thoughts contained a kernel of something that resonated with someone who ran that thought and pushed my uncertain scum read into the ground with.

6. dichotomousCreator

High Score:
    Well, you know how font said she's an auxiliary player without an anchor right now? (Or words to that effect, anyway)

I was in a similar sort of position at that point (although it was on the way out as I've more or less settled on Gemma for that purpose now)

7. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Gemma <3, in the realm of kumbaya and building bridges, probably okay for font to say, probably shouldn't cosign.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What was his alignment?

Can you guys in general when you're talking meta stuff about players, do me a solid and just do a little, where he was X, so that I can follow your thought? Because sure I can fill in the blank but I'm never sure I'm filling in the right blank and following the thought accuraltey.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Sorry, he was mafia.

9. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    What was his alignment?

Can you guys in general when you're talking meta stuff about players, do me a solid and just do a little, where he was X, so that I can follow your thought? Because sure I can fill in the blank but I'm never sure I'm filling in the right blan
    the amount of times I mix up your and you're when writing online is insane. I feel your pain there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    The conman in office?
    --- Post automerged ---
    The conman in offic
    This is so relatable! When I first played mafia I put myself in a leadership position because I thought that's where I should be, but it's not my most comfortable space, though I can and will if no one else will or if I dislike the direction of the game, but I really feel like I function best as a second mate.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really like the spoiler.

Can you offer specifics for Vaimes though? Because in that westeros game once you'd alt guessed him you were all on board. He fooled you recently though right? But can you be more specific?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Huh? Why would him not being in danger of being lynched mean you wouldn't write if off as town? Does that mean if he was in danger of being lynched you would write it off as town?

I don't follow your thought there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Newcomb - do you think your weakness as scum is genuinely arguing why people are scum vs why they are town?

That's actually a question for anyone who knows newcomb better than i do.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cobalt and fontisian's avatars are exactly the same when you look closely at them but they're similar and when you just glance look the same and that's confusing!
    --- Post automerged ---
    *arent exactly the same
    --- Post automerged ---
    Cobalt and fontisian's avatars are exactly the same when you look closely at them but they're similar and when you just glance look
    That little flourish bugged me.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What are your reads on newcomb and cobalt

(If I were regfan I'd probable have left my autocorrected newcomb to newcomer.)

10. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I kind of see where Gemma is coming from on Jan about trying to be towny. He begins his push on her in #52. I can see where he is coming from but I feel that he took her 'IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE' post a bit too seriously-- at that point, it came across more like the way she was calling Vaimes 'locktown!!!!' rather than the way she was pushing on fonti. I'm on the fence with how he responded to Gemma in #73 after how he was in #52, the way he eased off and went with humor following her #63, though he seemed to be easing up in general around #85.

He transitions away from Gemma and onto fonti in #91. That was during the earlier stages of the fonti-dC stuff about her 'claiming' scum(which I'm going to disagree was actually such, it seemed more in the vein of how she was testing me in RWBYmafia). He doesn't follow up on it in #121.

+/- #133. Back toward 'fluff' in #140 re:Tammy. - #162. +/- #166, mostly because of his last line and trying to get some back-and-forth with Fable going. 'fluff' from #169, 'fluff' followup to Tammy in his #173 referring to me and my usual gambit.

Fable's #172 follow up to Jan re:bussing from #166. Jan's #180 back to seriousness. This feels like something to keep in mind. I don't feel that fonti was 'half way buried' here from her back-and-forth with dC, if anything I feel that dC was the worse of the two from that exchange to this point of the thread, and his reasoning for I guess backing off pings me. It also makes his 'half way buried' comment worse in reflection when reading his #190 response to Fable's #184, where he says that he's read the fonti-dC process and 'forgot most of it'. +/- #197.

Tammy's #202 on bussing, fonti's soft prod against Tammy in #205, Fable's follow up to Tammy in #208, and Jan's follow up to Tammy in #210. +/-, leaning toward - on this for his last line. His next few posts until #227 are mostly 'fluff'.

Hedging re: Gemma in #227, mostly coming across as Jan scumleaning her.

Looking at this, I'm not really happy with Jan to #227. He started off alright and gradually climbed up to scumlean. I'll resume in a bit after I knock out today's writing session.

11. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I don't even know how to read fluff at this point. I think I'm still at my last game stance that this is just him and he's not a good day one lynch just because he's not doing anything, but I'd not fight a lynch on him this time like I would have last time...though I'd probably not actively push for his lynch.

cobalt doesn't feel as free flowing as he did last game, though I'm not sure how much that is influenced by his real game stuff going on. I don't have any reason to think he's town though so I'd not fight that lynch at all.

Think Gemma is just most likely town here. Think the amount of content she's putting out is more likely to come from town her as well as the amount of eyeballing she's making at font while font is town reading her. I mean she couldn't do the exact same thing as she did before, so if she starts acting like no one can scum read her because font town read her then that could be a thing but those flairs of paranoia feel pretty good right now.

I want Jan to be town here because i've been wanting to play with Jan for a long time where we're both town and I read him pretty terribly wrong at westeros. I can't really read frustration due to actual real frustration someone might be feeling regardless of alignment, so that doesn't help me. But I haven't disliked anything he's posted regardless, so I doubt I'd be voting there unless someone sways me.

I do need to look back at the stuff that I wanted to with Zen, but I actually quite liked his last post where he explained the out of game stuff regarding Gemma and that makes his earlier apologetic stuff feel better. I'd feel a lot better about him if he started being solvy like he was last game. which haha edit he is.

Think dc is probably just town here. I've sympathized so much with some of his approach here coming off a game you feel kinda shitty about. Only a small kind of thing that I shouldn't do this because I've given people leeway for this before and they've ended up scum playing it up, but it's felt kinda overboard in that regard. I also really liked the way he was like Gemma is my anchor and all that jazz thing.

I don't have anything to say that's grand about fable except he seems okay? I don't know how to read fable at all because most of the time I've been scum v him town so I haven't had to read him and the alted game was probably a different beast until he replaced out from frustration but the somewhat aimless I don't know how to village anymore, don't have reads thing reads fairly genuine. I think he's probably better read in connection with the rest of the game.

Don't have any interest in voting today: Gemma, dc, zen, fable

Most like to vote atm if I were kooky cobalt or newcomb :(

12. Miner

Miner Order Member

I am putting my dignity on the line here and saying that fluff is actually town this time.

13. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    that seems townie

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I literally have had more shit going on irl than probably anyone else this weekend if you wanna actually fuckin read my posts

Thanks

You can die now.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This doesn’t even track. ??????
    --- Post automerged ---
    “Why would we lynch him?”

To

“Ok sure that seems like a good fake reason for me to make an easy vote”

“I’m gonna ignore his irl stuff and just say he’s
    fluffposting.”

Like.... ok.

Unvote

Vote: Fluff

15. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    Are you only reading the last page when you show up cobalt?

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Having shit irl doesn't make having posts that are mostly filled with nothing any townier.

17. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    I'm like properly super fucking drunk now, someone should show up and play with me!

18. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Ok Cobalt.

Here's your content for Today:
    You jumped on the Fable emotional thing and called it town. That could be a genuine read, but it could also be your typical reaction as scum to a what you perceive as a town spewing themselves. (I'm saying it's tmi). Ok.

Then you commented on the Jan thing.
    It was an emotional thing similar to Fable's stuff, but you hedged here instead. This feels like scum!you not wanting to allow possible mislynches to be removed because of emotional outbursts. Like, sure, one with Fable is fine, plus you already think everyone knows, but adding Jan in as another semi-clear would suck. (Or Jan is scum and you don't want to be linked to him? Idk.) The reasoning you give for the difference is that Jan is in danger of being lynched, which, what? Fable wasn't in danger of being lynched? How does that have anything to do with Jan's reaction at all? Wouldn't it be more likely to be scum thing if he was being run up? Basically, your reason seems fake and tacked on.

Also, the word interesting as a way to describe that is weird and not what I think town!you would have said, as vague as that is.

Also, also, you quoted this random thing I said about miner. Which, why? Why were you even looking at that? Why is that how you spent your time?

Considering that you literally haven't posted anything else, I think all that's hella scummy, and you have a history of being overwhelmed by irl stuff when you roll scum (because playing scum takes more out of you than playing town, I think), how exactly are you expecting me to not want to lynch you?

19. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

...you're townreading fluff?

Pls explains

20. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    --- Post automerged ---
    dammit that image is supposed to go with fluff's post to cobalt