1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It wasn't really necessary for me to be all over the place that phase because my team was in a really good position.

One phase of posting 16 times (which were also some decent sized posts btw) rather than 50+ does not an unengaged Cobalt make.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Anyway I'm in the middle of catching up now and wow most of earlygame is unreadable fluffposting

2. Miner

Miner Order Member

Shrug.

I'm bored.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Nope. His disappearance corresponds with my level of "I'll deal with Jan later slash hope he gets need as per usual" and I'd really rather murder newcomb.

3. Tammy

Tammy First Year

High Score:
    stream of conscious your impressions on that shit!

4. Miner

Miner Order Member

N1ed not need

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Why is everyone talking about dC’s entrance? I thought it was fine. Jan has similar sentiments. I mean the second post was weird sure but I don’t really get a read off of it.

The rest of this so far is all fluff and RVS and I don’t even particularly care to read most of it so I’ll wait until a serious-looking post or line catches my eye.

Wait I can’t tell where the joking stops and seriousness begins between Fonti and dC here???

(Oh nvm Fonti wasn’t insulting dC she was just playing with his name LOL )

At first glance and upon first read this kind of made no sense. But after re-reading it slowly and speaking it out loud to myself it actually makes perfect sense and considering I’ve seen a post where Gemma said she disliked talking about her own playstyle iirc, it seems pretty pure.

What is Jan talking about here with Font being halfway buried?

Is this just tongue in cheek? Because the only thing that went on so far was Font vs dC in that weird scumclaim thing and dC still insisting you're not allowed to joke about yourself being scum, which was a really weird interaction overall but I don't think anyone was actually scumreading / "burying" Font over it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really really hate this text editor and don't know why it has a weird vendetta about manipulating the font when I copy-paste things from my notes or multi-quote.

7. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Hrm.

I think interactions between the two are relevant to whether Newcomb should die or not, or at least Jan's Newcomb read is.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

[QUOTE="Cobalt, post: 1053893, member: 57894"What is Jan talking about here with Font being halfway buried?

Is this just tongue in cheek? Because the only thing that went on so far was Font vs dC in that weird scumclaim thing and dC still insisting you're not allowed to joke about yourself being scum, which was a really weird interaction overall but I don't think anyone was actually scumreading / "burying" Font over it?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I really really hate this text editor and don't know why it has a weird vendetta about manipulating the font when I copy-paste things from my notes or multi-quote.[/QUOTE]
    Jan was joking there.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Wow.

9. Miner

Miner Order Member

Maybe. I'm not psyching myself up to read it at 2am while surrounded by drunk people and alcohol.

10. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    idk why reading jan is a challenge for people, I think it's super easy.

He makes super illogical pushes as a wolf and doesn't post as much, idk how you confuse that with him being obvious village when he rands V.

idk what he is yet btw, I can see the gemma thing from either side so just gotta wait for him to do stuff.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I haven't seen scum Jan since like... Svm or something. Would rather not revisit that game.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Kay, thanks.

13. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Tammy help me a bit.

My town list is:

dC
    Fable
    Zenzao
    fonti

Jan is kind of sitting a bit outside that because I don't really feel like he's done anything super town and the emotional outburst thing is hard to read into, but I don't think I could see myself lynching him today unless he does something super scummy to swing my read around I guess?

I really doubt I ever lynch Vaimes or Newcomb today even if I've spent a bit of time pushing on them throughout the phase.

Cobalt is probably about to do things and we can talk about that when/if he does but if he's town it will probably be obvious soon enough? Hopefully? I think his emotional stuff right now can come from either alignment but it feels a tiny bit town? Maybe? I haven't thought deeply about it. He was slipping a bit towards the scum end of things with his posting before that so now he's like back to null I guess.

So my lynch pool is kind of Miner/Jarizok/fluff/maybeCobalt and I kind of have a hard time seeing that as the team so.... I feel really uncomfortable. Help???

14. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Dunno about everyone else but I personally can't read, so :V

I mean the point I'm making is I'm not a huge fan of Jan right now and I don't think he's aligned with Newcomb.

...why am I making association reads this early

screw it, who's the last person Gemma voted for?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Oh, Jarizok.

...yeah, sure, whatever.

Lynch: Jarizok

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I would have really enjoyed being around for that portion of the beginning of the Day actually.

Relatable and possibly AI town???

Scum Vaimes wouldn't have a problem with letting the two of them go at it in an endless argument of semantics in that whole situation I think.

Oh my god if Tammy is actually scum here I will drive off a cliff lmfao

Gemma has yet to strike me as the kind of player who consciously, intentionally, pre-meditatively does the exact thing she wouldn't do as scum to avoid being scumread.

I think the first point Jan makes here is the most likely scenario w/r/t Gemma. I can also safely say I don't think this is w/w.

What was she even scumreading him about?
    --- Post automerged ---
    So far I have Jan, Fonti and Vaimes in a similar position in my town leans.

This deeply disturbs me on a spiritual level.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Uh huh.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

That was not at all intended to be shady or insulting, it was just my take on your scum playstyle.

18. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    zen
    gemma
    fonti
    vaimes
    tammy

I have a weird village circle.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This appears to be a good post from Zenzao, but I disagree with everything in it.

I don't think dC being scummy was an irrational thought to have because a lot of his posts at that point in the game were just weird and lacked actual content.

And considering I think it'd actually be pretty hard to mirror EXACTLY how she handled people last game when she was just misread town, don't you think it's more likely she's just town here rather than scum trying that hard?

Wow, what an echo.

Really like where Font went with that.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I didn't think it was.

It's just amusing to see you try to talk about how I play as if you didn't get it completely and hilariously wrong last game. You're completely wrong again, btw, because I abuse the shit out of mindgames when I'm scum and it's very premeditated.