1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Gemma voted Newcomb /before/ Jari's claim though. That's also important.

2. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

The spew matches up with what I already thought, which might be confirmation bias, but w/e.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Gemma, if you wanted to be off-wagon at EoD 1, because we had enough votes to lynch Newcomb but you didn't want to be on it, why vote the only viable counterwagon and enable a possible swing?

4. fontisian

Are you high?

5. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

See, this sounds like bullshit and I have no way of knowing because you literally didn't talk about anything the entire game before now.

6. fontisian

Also, am I the only one who sees the soft defense of Zen in that Newcomb post? Because he pointed out two things to townread Zen off of.

7. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Yeah, I should have just unvoted, heh.

8. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Only slightly
    --- Post automerged ---
    Were you that convinced that all the scum were already on the Jari wagon?

9. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    So I guess my position is that this is TWTBAW

Like.

Swapping onto a PR claim, OFF a scumbuddy, in the last minute of the day when the vote is evidently not going to swing the lynch???

Then not shooting the PR?????

Fuck no.

Also indecision at dayend is townie by default

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

You're not.

This is why my head hurts when I try to figure out his stance on Zenzao was "dunno lol" despite him literally talking about having a read on him in that same post.

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Newcomb only got the majorty a minute before she swapped her vote, so it's not like it was guaranteed to be a NEwcomb lynch, especially with her swap.

12. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

What.

13. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

After you swapped your vote any person not already on the Jari wagon could have swung the vote into either being a nolynch or a Jari lynch.

14. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Okay, so assuming for a sec she was taking a risk of that size in order to get Jari dead, why wasn't he shot N1 when that failed?

15. fontisian

I see it as him not wanting to commit to a townread, while still encouraging people to townread Zen.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

No clue.

17. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

It was 8:00.

I didn't even know if my vote was going to count.

Technically, sure, I guess?

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Ghouliani

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I am fairly certain that I won't escape the poe even if I don't get lynched today.
    Which is fine overall, but that means todays work should be going through all the people and make sure there are noweakspots in my townread, because if there are not then I can take my hat and be sure we win as long as the rest of the poe dies with me.

Alive :

Jan
    dichotomousCreator
    fontisian
    Miner
    Zenzao/ghul
    his fluffiness
    Gemma
    Cobalt
    Fable

I am fairly certain that dC, Gemma and Miner can be removed for interactions/meta.

dC because he was hte person Newcomb focused the most on and his analysis of dC did not feel like him talking about a partner in any way or form. Won't even bother to look for the quotes. They are all over Newcombs iso and everybody that cares just a little bit about solving the game should have read them by now.

Gemma for similar reasons. While Newcomb did not townread her as hard, the back and forth they had read unaligned.

Miner for the weird 1on1 he had with Newcomb. It did not feel clean, but not like partners either. More like a dirty fight between two half blind homeless weebs fighting for the last bodypillow. Add Jaris certain townread on Miner (and Jari being confirmed town).

If anybody wants to make a case on any of those 3, have fun. But I looked over them Gemma/Newcomb stuff again and don't think it is w/w and that would be the first one I might be afraid to fuck up.

On a different note - vaimes delivering the kill means something?
    With the watcher out and them not going for them I am inclined to think the last wolf might be deeper/more likely to endgame than vaimes.
    Not sure what that means, just makes me afraid of basically any read I have given so far.
    There is a world where the last wolf is some sort of pr that needed to be protected (or that they wanted to use and they couldn't deliver the kill and use the power at the same time).

If the last wolf is a pr then the biggest problem would be if they are a oneshot vig or something that basically could remove the amount of lynches we have by one.

Anyways. Maybe someone has an idea further than that, but I don't. Felt like mentioning it to make you folks brain does the thing where it gets used for once.

Leaves:
    3 lynches in

fontisian
    Zenzao/ghul
    his fluffiness
    Cobalt
    Fable

to end the game.

I removed myself as well as one lynch because I would rather make cases on others being town/scum than speak for myself right now.

Not sure how much work I will do before allstars/sleeping tonight. Worst case I start ~12 hours from now.
    First step will be Fable.

20. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Why?

Why are you not voting me when you clearly think I did a super super scummy thing?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Heh, "scum Jan wouldn't ever use Jari's townread on Miner as a reason to townread Miner".