1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia Game thread] What mafia is this?

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Sooh, May 31, 2018.

1. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I don't understand fluff not self-pressing.

2. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Vote count:

Fable (2): Ghouliani, Prophylaxis,

Fonti (1): Fluff,

Fluff (3): Miner, Fable, Fonti,

Not voting (1): dC,

With 7 alive it takes 6 to hard lynch.

[​IMG]

3. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Fluff, switch to Fable.

4. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    lol

5. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Regardless of how this day ends, pleasure playing with you all.

Sorry for not being half the player Gemma was in this game - I have a much shakier grasp of this gamestate than her.

6. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Vote Fable

7. Fable

Fable First Year

High Score:
    I want a pony.

8. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    IT IS A TIE

Fable (3): Ghouliani, Prophylaxis, Fluff,

Fluff (3): Miner, Fable, Fonti,

Not voting (1): dC,

Lynch will be randed, standby!
    --- Post automerged ---
    [​IMG]

It is a dark and quiet night in the city. The warmth of the day has faded, and a cool breeze gently rustles the disposed garbage bags lining the streets. From his position in the dark alley police inspector Wallander could hear the traffic in the distance, and the screeching of a couple of cats fighting. He bent down over the crumpled body in the street. The streetlight glistened in the fresh blood seeping from his mouth.

"So young... too young..." he mumbled, as the forensic technicians moved in on the body.

It was the body of

Fable, "John Doe", a Nordic Noir victim, vanilla town.

Night ends in:
    [​IMG]

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

filler’d’ve

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

That's not good filler, Vaimes.

Like a nail in the wood
    Build this house from nothing
    Now I stand where I've stood
    Welling up with something

I feel great, I feel good
    What a long time coming
    I forgot that I could
    Let someone fulfill me

How do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how

Do you do it?
    Like this? Like that?
    Oh, how, when you do it
    When you drive me mad
    Oh, how do you do it?
    Like this? Like that?
    Oh, how, when you do it
    When you drive me mad
    Oh, how

All my dreams take on shape
    When you whisper my name
    When your eyes tell my eyes
    You've been wanting the same

To let go of your touch
    Would be too much for me
    Let the roots dig in deep
    When you hold my body

How do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how do you do it?
    How do you do it?
    How, how

Do you do it?
    Like this? Like that?
    Oh, how, when you do it
    When you drive me mad
    Oh, how do you do it?
    Like this? Like that
    Oh, how, when you do it
    When you drive me mad
    Oh, how
    (Drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (You drive me mad)
    (Oh, how)

11. Sooh

Sooh First Year

High Score:
    Today I will tell you ze tale of eh Belgian genius. 'e 'az impeccable taste, and 'is mustache iz always parfait! Zis is ze tale of 'is last day.

Zat's right. Zis is ze story about 'ow I died. Death, you see, iz inevitable, and even I must leave you. I shall leave you zese clues to my death. I 'ave instructed my lawyers to deliver zis manuscript to you four monthz after my death. By now you will no doubt 'ave evolved the most preposterous theoriez. Read on and I shall show you ze truth.

Miner 'az died. 'e was Hercule Poirot, vanilla town.

[​IMG]

Day will end at:
    [​IMG]
    With 5 alive it takes 4 to hard lynch.

12. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Vote: Ghouliani

You're giving me this after that shitshow yesterday, proph.

13. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Zut alors!

But the shit show must go on.

Lynch: dichotomousCreator

14. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Bleh.

I'll carve out time tomorrow to do the full game analysis like I was promising and actually devote more than a couple of hours to this.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, we should massclaim.

Proposing Ghouliani goes first, popcorns to the next.

15. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

I am vanilla town.

----------------------------

Gemma

508 Locks Gemma town
    526 is so disconnected from the thread it also has to be town. 'It wasn't a case. A case is a thing where someone posts a bunch of their thoughts about a player with a specific read in mind. I was just responding to things that Newcomb posted as I read them. Then he did something that I thought was fake, so I voted him. Just because they are all automerged together doesn't mean that it is a case.'
    528 I follow
    530 suspicion on DC 'It's really really strange to see you townread me for tone because you've spent the whole time since Princess saying that you'll never be able to read my tone again because I can fake it too well.'

Those are just the posts I saw while doing a long reassess on DC and set them aside. I didn't finish or even do an ISO, but it's strong enough to never reverse. And I agree with her thoughts re: DC.

DC is taking so long that I am only a third of the way done. I will post what I have when it's done.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I am looking at everyone's interactions with Newcomb and Vaimes, plus their progressions and so forth. Day one is pretty much the only day that matters, there's nothing to bite onto in rounds where it's one scum blending in with townies.

Early on Gemma has multiple favorable interactions with Newcomb, but not that far into their interaction it's in never mafia range.

Fonti has a couple really good ones. It's no lock, so I am not done, but it is solid. Still on page 6 though.

Fonti

391- 'Newcomb townread is too early' said to Jan
    493- 'Newcomb, what do you think of Tammy, dC, Gemma, Zen as a town list?'
    511- This exchange with Newcomb looks more organic to me. I don't see this as a mafia move.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fluff analysis is still the same as before, but I will look one more time for partner interactions.

Unless I see something big, he is always town.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Prophylaxis

Can you do me a favor today?

I have a lot of stuff to post and talk about, and it will not be readable without some breaks in between.

If you see my posts automerging, could you give me some filler in between please.

16. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

yes.

Can filler time to time.

17. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

The reason I am already willing to vote DC on just a third of an iso should become apparent.

For everyone so far this game, I was reading their posts in semi-chronological order or chronological order, and without using filters (ex, dead townie posts don't need to be read) and there is apparently no ISO function on this board, so some of the folks, like DC, who post an epic shitton, I am viewing their posts in the context of the gameflow and especially with DC in particular is his posts are a lot of white noise.

None of it sticks out at you.

But I used the same method I used when looking for mafia moves for fluff, when does he interact with the dead scum, what do they do to interact with him, how do they read each other and by what method, and what percentage of his posts are a mafia move.

It's really, really overwhelming, and it matches exactly what Vaimes and Newcomb were doing with each other that round.

And DC got himself high in everyone's POE, THAT is why Vaimes and Newcomb were so confident even as their game went to shit.

18. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

Fair points on dC; I'll reread him and give my evaluation on his posts since I was very rushed Yesterday.

You're popcorning to dC I assume, Ghoul?

19. Ghouliani

Ghouliani Muggle

Just to start off.

64- Distancing Vaimes
    66- oog with Vaimes
    79- oog with Vaimes
    (86) Vaimes claims mindmeld with DC
    88- DC crossposts, also says mindmeld with Vaimes
    92- notes the crossposting.
    248- oog with Vaimes
    279- (Did I call it scummy?) "That's usually what saying you don't like someone's content means." +
    293- joking with Vaimes
    298- compares Fonti to opening posts in another game. I want to give this points, but the conclusion reached is a weak town read, and he spent maximum 6 minutes on it going by the timestamps
    304- tells vaimes he's just doing what Zen told him to do.
    309- response to vaimes. Also, response to miner: 'Well...I think meta has some level of validity, and I think the fact that I can't read anyone for any reason doesn't excuse me from trying.'
    333- Gives Miner a town read a bit easily
    355- discusses Gemma with Newcomb
    370- continues with Newcomb, gives Gemma a solid town read
    (373) Newcomb says DC and Fonti are not w/w
    389 'also I actually do have a semi-serious metascum read on him at the moment, I don't really trust it for reasons I outlined earlier but I'm recalling his behaviour in the practice champs game and it feels...different to this.'
    (390)- Newcomb gifs at DC
    396- DC replies to gif
    (402) more talking to DC from Newcomb
    403- replies to Newcomb
    (406) Newcomb strongly townreads DC for talking to Fonti 'From dC's side, the sheer, like... pointlessness of the thing, plus the fact that he couldn't seem to let it go, just... yeah, that's just town!dC I think? dC was the one who was like, obsessively TMI'ing all over the thread in the one game he was a wolf, and wanted to like, look good, look productive, all that shit. This is just diametrically Not That.'
    415- Explicitly suggests Newcomb is pocketing him, in a non serious way.
    (416) Newcomb responds to Vaimes
    (419) Newcomb tells DC he is behaving like DC
    421- Describes to Newcomb how pointless his attempts at reading are.
    (426) Newcomb quotes Gemma and *this* reads like a mafia quoting a townie and making commentary on it.
    So, that's just on the first four pages. And meanwhile, this is exactly the same dance Vaimes is doing with Newcomb. Vaimes and Newcomb interact a lot in the early part of day 1.

In my view, the scum team wanted to come out blazing not with necessarily looking like a townie, but looking unaligned. So all three members of the team participated in this scheme. Hence the even excessive amounts of focus on the dead scums from DC, Newcomb in particular who was more active in doing so.

Which is all evidence of maybe they're doing that. But this is when my ISO gets bolded fonts and it's the part I really want to highlight.

429 calls a post of Newcomb's odd, agreeing with Fonti
    448 'any thoughts on font?' to Gemma, rather than following up on Newcomb's oddness strikes me as wrong.
    450- When Gemma responds about specifically, DC has no specifics in mind.

1. 'odd', which is DC's wording. Odd goes right up there with bizarre and strange and interesting. Doesn't suggest it is town or scum.
    2. Immediately after saying Newcomb is odd, begins to change the subject to Fonti.
    3. Any thoughts on Fonti? Gemma asks about what, and DC doesnt say 'well, what do you think about what she just said about Newcomb.' or anything alignment related. It just looks like a pivot and that was the whole purpose behind the question.

The next two are a bit distancy from Vaimes, but again without pushing him.

452- 'It would be good if someone could keep an eye on Vaimes', asks what vla is.
    458- 'I just wasn't sure if it was "I have out of game reasons for being absent" or "I don't feel like posting much"' about Vaimes.

460- Questions Miner's vote on Newcomb for being random.
    466- Asks Jan if he has any feelings about Miner

This is the second time in fairly rapid succession that someone talks about Newcomb, and his very next post or action involves asking someone else about that person, who is talking about Newcomb, someone he just said was 'odd'.

That is not real solving. That's focusing attention and pivoting.

But the next part is in bold red.

Fable had said 'I'm like trying to figure out if dC would fake the "I can't read people anymore" as a wolf? Which I feel like yes but I also think the earlier nittiness with fonti is less likely to be wolf?'
    Underlined is never a townie thought. He's accidentally telling the truth here. Says he would fake waffling as scum, says it is NAI and then goes on to do just that for almost all of the game so far.

But the main point is the underlined. He doesn't care about sticking out like a sore thumb as town, only as scum.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don't think we should mass claim beyond just me today. DC can claim something that is mechanically clearing, otherwise, if he is a town PR somehow, he needs to shut up and win the game tonight. I just need to get my thoughts out on paper for people to read, if there were a town PR left worth anything that can affect the outcome of the game they can use the night cover.

You, Fonti, and Fluff should not claim.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Basically, DC can claim if he is exactly an innocent child that can be revealed at any point or at least by start of day 6.

In the very unlikely event he has a one shot vig he has been saving, then he can use it tonight. It reduces the number of townies needed to make a correct decision to one, which is slightly better than a final 3.
    --- Post automerged ---
    At this point in the thread, Newcomb gets very active in pushing mafia moves.

I parentheses'd the ones from Newcomb.
    (488) Smudges Miner, gives Vaimes a thumbs up for voting Miner. Says about DC 'I think if wolf!dC were going to play this card, he'd be doing so early and often and like... more strenuously. It would be such an easy card to play given the circumstances. I like how this is just like, inserted into the discourse and then dropped, rather than dC continually hitting the button, so to speak.'. On Miner, he says 'I kind of buy each statement from Miner in a vaccum, like I'd read each of those posts and go "yeah sure Miner being Miner," but this seems like... schizophrenic, like there's no real weight or oomph behind the whole thing, like Miner is like... trying on different hats, trying to make something work? is the best way I can describe it.' Miner is definitely town here.
    (490) Newcomb talks to DC again, about Gemma. Topic: would Gemma fake being just like normal Gemma. 'I read it as I guess a level past that, where it almost feels like... over-compensating? Or I guess said another way, it feels like your interpretation is something Gemma would know and try to emulate. I think it hinges on if you believe the hyperness is organic or if it's faked, which, ehhhh.' Gemma is definitely town here.
    (492) Newcomb post at Gemma definitely makes Gemma town. Also disagrees with Jan that Vaimes is town.
    (503) Newcomb interaction with Fonti feels like a villager.
    'Hm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that strikes me as a pretty fundamental shift away from how you've approached fonti in the other games I've played with both of you?' at Gemma.
    His Mention to Miner also looks wolf-villager.
    Quotes a DC post but it is not the focus of his point.
    Marks Tammy off as hard town.
    'If I had to bet the game on two people being town in this game it'd be dC and Tammy.' Does not say why, for DC.
    Discredits a read of Vaimes townie from Jan. Distancing.
    (507) Vaimes talks to Newcomb.
    (Note 508 in response. See Gemma)
    This section is around where I made notes about his Gemma interactions and put that under her name. This is where Newcomb flubs it and locks Gemma town. He is also distancing hard from Vaimes in this section, like it was systematic. Distance from DC, then from Vaimes.

I also marked Miner down as town for these interactions, and that is more obvious now since he is apparently Belgian.

In this mess, he's even making Fonti look town. This whole section is pure gold.

20. dichotomousCreator

dichotomousCreator Second Year

High Score:
    Yeah I'm not trying to solve this game at all.

If you actually read my ISO for context and paid any attention to WHY this was rather than for excuses to try and lynch me, you would know this.

Also: I don't GET mislynched.

Lynch: Ghouliani

Die.

Actually I have a few minutes let's do some sampling:

"A townie would never think about how he plays the game as scum! Even if someone specifically ASKS about his scumplay, that surely wouldn't put this thought in his head!"

Again, if you were paying attention you'd realize that is because my play this game is not attempting to solve it. My play this game was:
    - Clear my slot
    - Find someone who's probably town and make them a doublevoter
    - Spot check objective logic stuff

Wow, it's almost like Gemma was my chosen follow-around and I was more interested in prodding her to think up her own stuff rather than inserting my own probably wrong ideas into her head.

Correct! Have a cookie.

Oh never mind, cookie withdrawn. It's totally not like this gameplay pattern applies to literally everyone I talked about this game but you've picked it where I use it on the flipped scum because that looks bad in isolation.

If you think Newcomb's ISO as a whole is "scum distancing from me" you probably need to reread the bajillion "never lynch dC" posts he makes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    In summary yeah font is correct, ghoul's casing is motivated by getting the target lynched and not by trying to actually figure out alignment. Knowing my luck he's probably just "locked on" rather than scum but fuck it it's F5 not F3 so this is the time to do this shit.

No game-altering claim, btw.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Going shopping, back in a bit.