1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Regfan eh whatever forget about it actually. I'll just talk about my reads, you do your thing and I'll sort you some other way. Not now though, tonight.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Jan

Have you played with Nego before? What're your thoughts on him so far?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Unvote
    Vote: Beruru

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Why?

Also can I convert you to the not-using-pure-yellow-for-votes cult?

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh, I read two of the scumgames MP linked and am kind of leveling my read on him as a result. I still think that post I quoted is kinda unlikely to be something scum!MP says to town!tsaiah there though? @Newcomb your thoughts appreciated.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

A couple of games on mu, yes.

I was never really good at reading them to be honest.

I think they were more likely scum whenever i was reading them town and the other way around in most games.
    Which is in part why i don't think your reason for scumreading them are that good.

That and it is basically a clash of your expectations with their history/playstyle.

I have very little of an actual read on them at this moment.
    I feel like they are more funny and appeasing as scum and more focused and somewhat solving as villager, which is why i tended to read them town as scum in some games we played (at least early on).
    But i don't think the game has been going long enough to expect them to solve all that much.

More of a read that i am willing to wait and let evolve for a bit longer.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Unvote
    Vote: Beruru

Because I don't think she's posted since initially, and I'd like to see what she thinks of it. The power of multi-tasking, ladies and gentlemen

I've been coloring my vote as I felt about the player when placing it. I can *try* to avoid deep yellows though as I've always wanted to be in a forum mafia cult!

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Fair enough (preemptive knife emoji). Darker yellows would help. Thanks!

8. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I'm not scum-reading ?him?, but he's definitely below null and I'm still puzzling over the tone of his post responding to me.

There's not an expectation that you scum-read him when I ask you though? But that's helpful for building some sort of context to read him in as I've never played with him before, so I appreciate it nonetheless

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Just let me ask you,
    "Hey, have you heard of my religion?"
    It's called the church of hot addiction,
    And we believe that God is lust for everything.

10. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Word noted. Side-note, I literally had to hold myself back from hitting Thumbs-Up (also had to with the first vote-count which was so beautiful!). With great power comes great responsibility gah
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Jan
    Can you tell me a bit about Regfan next?

11. fenwicked

fenwicked Squib

tell me why we shouldn’t lynch von, anybody

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well some of your words and the placement on your list made it look like you thought of him as a scummy individual.

13. fenwicked

fenwicked Squib

[​IMG]

14. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

No.

If i were to judge him by his play so far he would be an easy scumread for lack of .. Everything.

But the day is too early and i have no need to push on him because he got too involved in games in the past and just got back from a break and i do expect some conscious playstyle change on his part making old meta less useful.

Regfan is my go to policy lynch just to be a dick and my go to "i'll give you a day because i am a gracious god and want you to be able to play the game without spending 145 hours each day in front of a screen because you obsess about it".

The downside of this is that regfan has been known to suck as scum and this might give him the leeway/breathing room to wiggle through for a little while.

This is the game where i won't have a useful stance on anyone and end up selfvoting because i don't want to step on anyones toes.
    I can already feel the fence pressing deeper and deeper in my butt cheeks with every post i make.
    Can't i do some wallsitting? Those have a similar effect but are way more comfortable.

15. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

@Citrus I think it makes some sense that Eido might put off producing content as mafia because he knows that he can probably get away with it, and I think that if he was town he would feel interested in saying more things than just "f5 I'm trying to restrain myself". I think it makes sense that if we're in that world then he would give particular attention to Newcomb/Regfan because he knows that they're probably his biggest threats given their skillsets and how familiar they are with his meta, which lines up with his brief exchange with Newcomb earlier. What do you think?

16. fenwicked

fenwicked Squib

this is spicy, can you lead town?

My eido townread was bad, as is his ISO

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Tell me why von is an outted wolf with no way back to recovery first.

I saw your words earlier and they didn't convince me enough to make it feel like a solid case. More like a hunch.

Built god, then we'll talk.

I have been wrong on von for bad reason the last game we played. But that doesn't mean i will just lynch him because of a hunch today.

I don't have a solid reason to townreading him either. Just a bit of gut, which did not proof to be very reliable lately.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

I do, but it feels like a less useful answer when you respond through a lens of what you think I think, rather than just hearing what you think directly (potentially obfuscates things more)
    --- Post automerged ---
    I meant in general about Regfan (playstyle, strengths/weaknessess in mafia, etc.), which seems like a much easier question!

19. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Bears - Would love it if you could give us your updated reads/thoughts on Stanaris play right now.

Can absolutely do this for you, won't be for a few hours though.

Yeah, much prefer you not to be waiting on me for things and I don't want to feel rushed actually reading through it properly (Already have dozens of tabs open that I'm trying to jump between and read while also working).

If you want thoughts on players that I'm mostly happy that I've got all I can get from reading them thus far it's that I'm straight out null on Kai and I don't envision getting a solid read on him for quite a while. Also null on Bears (Though I did go through a "Would Scum!Bears vote and state that Town!Stanari is not thinking/not town when they know that it's unlikely to be true/not something that'll go anywhere / "Would Scum!Bears" put more pressure on Scum!Stanari in the early game when they know that Stanari wouldn't be feeling comfortable? Does this mean that Bears is more likely town? Eh? And then dropped the whole thing as a "I'm reading too much into it and need to slow down").

Have ~slight~ scum read on Miners posting in a "I don't really see much organic thoughts here from him and his posting feels more reactionary but again think it's too early for that to be a serious problem and slightly stronger (But still ridiculously weak) scum read on Nothing Happens since I find the sort of progression and reasoning he's put forward on Eido in #279 -> #291 to be more of a "Scum approach thinking/the game this sort of way" type thing.

20. fenwicked

fenwicked Squib

Nobody is an outed wolf. Should we lynch nobody today?