1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well true.
    My point was more to tell you why read might lack quality regardless of being wrong or right.

The 2nd part was more of my own input on the situation.

For the way he is slightly having fun and appealling to people by being extra nice without producing content i would scumread him right now if i was to think that he had left rvs.

I get your curiosity and urgency to get a grip on the game, but certain reads just need nore time.
    In my case everything feels like it needs more time tbh.

2. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Hmm. It's possible. I can see it in scum!Eid worlds where it's partly true + partly not (he partly does mean it when he jokes about restraining himself for his own sanity, but he would produce more nonetheless if he's town). I don't know Regfan (I think I played with him once maybe?), but I concur wrt Newcomb. I don't think he'd straight up lie about something like that in scum!Eid worlds though as it doesn't fit with my picture of his play.

I see Eid as a very strong player that doesn't necessarily muddy the waters too hardcore as scum while lighting a fire under scum as town. I am super interested in seeing his thoughts mid/late D1 as I think that'll shed a lot of light on the subjects of his content if he's town (or hopefully some on him if he's scum).

Like I could buy the reasoning you gave as true in a scum!Eid world, but it's still too early in D1 for me to think there's much if any direct connection b/w low-content thus far and scum!Eid.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

As you wish.

Vote no lynch

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

No rush, and much appreciated! Especially if it convinces me

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Something something lazy townread on Reg I guess.

6. Citrus

Citrus First Year

There's a "Nothing Happens", there's a joke somewhere there where it'd be better to vote for that then no lynch yada yada if you'd rather vote him?

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I think eido would look to interact with regfan/newcomb regardless of his or their alignment.

The lack of anything in depth so far is valid, but with the wildcard champs people being announced right now i would just give him a bit of time before reading into it.

8. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Strawman arguments are rarely convincing.

Beru is a lot less invested than what I expected. Is there a reason for that @Beruru ?

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

And then people follow me and the new gus feels pressured and gets all teary eyed and i get called a bully for it.

No sir! Not doing that for a bad joke if i can do this for a slightly worse joke.

You won't get me to break, sir. I turned over a new leave.

In a world that has decided
    That it's going to lose its mind
    Be more kind, my friends, try to be more kind.

10. fontisian

I don't think the Eido conversation is going anywhere. Dude's busy, give him some time to do things.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Gemma @tsaiah
    Was the slot tsaiah replaced out of in that hydra game we played town or scum?

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Please don't garcia. Thanks.
    --- Post automerged ---
    No.
    --- Post automerged ---
    tsaiah was in that game?

12. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Have I got a deal for you! All you have to do is just sheep my vote around for the rest of the Day, and then if anyone gives you the side-eye you can say "it's all Citrus's fault, he made me do it!" It's that simple!

And then maybe Eidolonic will move his vote around and then I can follow it too and we'll have a big ol' whammy vote to scare people with mwahaha.

13. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    If you mean Hydra Game 6, she was scum.

14. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Oh Citrus already responded. Nevermind, sorry Jan.

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Who are voting for again?

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Cool. Thanks a bunch.

Could you talk to me a little about how you approach the game, in like a holistic sense?

17. fontisian

Babe, pls.

Thanks Stanari.

18. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Right now Beruru, before Nego. But you can talk me elsewhere if you talk some good game, and still blame me if we both vote accordingly!

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

For now i will follow you.

Until you get used to being next to me at which point i will abuse the new dynamic of our relationship by making you my doublevote.

We will rule the world. You and me.
    But mostly me.

Vote Beruru

20. Citrus

Citrus First Year

Sure! So it's actually been awhile since I've last played mafia (like way too long). A major factor is the player-list itself, especially in larger games like this. I find it much easier to remember players I'm familiar with (or see extended post-battles from, or have interacted extensively with). I try to have some sort of picture of all the players in the game as I can get there, as I feel it increases my ability to pick up interactions/co-alignments/things like that when they're present to find. Typically I try to slot players early on with feels for what I'm thinking about them, and then once I have the players slotted I can 'move' them about as things develop to solidify where I think alignments truly fall. Typically I'll have a few lock-town reads relatively early on (D2/D3 or so), and then try to let PoE help me when I get stuck on remaining players that are grouped up lower down on my spectrum.

Or you're asking me to describe my meta or something else? Or lemme know if you want me to elaborate on any of that etc.!