1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Have gone over Eidos ISO a bunch of times over the last few hours and I'm still at a 'meh, no idea, could be either' spot. Think when he's not busy elsewhere and jumps back into the game with the content in here I'll hopefully get at least somewhat of a grip on him? More realistically I just put him aside and hope he's town here for the entirety of D1 and that if he is scum here he doesn't just N1 me.

I really realllly don't like the way Fenwickeds going about his push on Vaimes here and see it fitting more as a "Draw scum in playerlist you don't know so focus pushing the person you do" type thing over a genuine "Burned by losing to Vaimes before so overly paranoid/focusing on him due to it" type one. Would like to see some context re; the two of them offsite, though actually getting time to read it myself might not be super possible for a bit so if someone (*cough* Gemma *cough*) could take a skim that'd be very nice. The turnaround on Eido from 322 & 333 to 376 really isn't great at all?

@fenwicked, can I have a link to the last two games you played with Vaimes please?

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Can you help me understand your perception re: Gemma, Eido, and/or me?

3. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

We're good friends, share somewhat overlapping playstyles, are all decently strong as town, and most importantly, have never been in the same together. I've never played with Reg at all (that he knows of :v) actually, so looking forwards to dancing with him a bit sometime that isn't right now. But yes, I generally find someone that is town and a solid player and kind of in-the-thread mason chat with them as a preference in larger games. Maybe I'll do it with you at one point if we're here and I get to town on you, but my focus is going to be on Newconb and Reg both for oog/enjoyment levels, and because I think it'll be absurdly effective.

Hence us signing up for the MTGS team event together as a trio.

4. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Hi MP7 you missed me :<

5. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Admittedly not every game is like that (by any means), but in my recollection it's happened enough on my homesite that the discussion has happened at some point at least.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'd say I finally can make a read on Stanari and I'm feeling good enough to give her a town lean.

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Talk to me about why you haven't actually engaged with me/asked any questions?

Kind of tilting my head at that like. I was expecting you to have a similar outlook to me in that 'first game together, let's mesh together and do this', but it felt like you were actively ignoring me which feels kinda weird, even given my busy-ness.

And I really need to leave this fucking thread and get food. Someone yell at me if I pop back in in next like, 2-3 hours.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Eidolonic - Later tonight or even tomorrrow fine, I'm also going to be significantly less active this game and just flat out not here for large periods, when you get a chance I'd love you having a go through of Fenwickeds ISO. Have concerns with a lot of his posting and seems Vaimes is a bit "hrm" about it too (Think Vaimes probably in the best position to actually judge/get a read on Fenwickeds push if Vaimes is town here) but feels like the sort of player/playstyle that I'm not the best at reading early on myself.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hahahahaha
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's a pretty amusing cross-post. I'm still not up to date in the game (Still want to do ISO's on Citrus/Gemma/Jan/M7/Nego/Stanari/Vaimes) which is...most of the bigger posters in the game. Am sure I'll want to talk to you about some of them afterwards too.

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Noted. I'll at least try to let you all know when I'll be gone for 24-48 hours.

Also I'm trying to not respond to everything as I catch up this time. Look at that! I'm actually doing it. Sort of.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I'll be V/LA-ish over the next two days, but I have plenty of alignment-indicative content posted, sooo.

The real tragedy is definitively losing potential D1 #topposter status.
    --- Post automerged ---
    or maybe I'll just ignore my friends and stay hunched over the thread on mobile

beep boop

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Ha! Your d1 topposter days have been over for months, maybe years at this point.

11. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Oh dammit, I'm sorry. I think something got screwy when I re-entered the thread and I missed a few posts. Let me get back to you in a second here.

Be sure to ping me too if you all have a direct question that I miss for some reason.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I suppose just a general statement. It could be a reason to town read anyone, theoretically, but I thought that was probably more unlikely than it being based on meta.

It was perhaps poorly worded in retrospect. I was really most interested in Eido's specific perspective of you and your playing history so I should have asked that a bit more directly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    This makes sense, thanks.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I am...slightly skeptical that you can read this post in any other way than a meta read?

13. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're getting at or what you want me to clarify.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Ehh, it's fine, I'm not really sure what I'm getting at either.

15. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh, Nego another one that I felt better about pre going into their ISO. I'd kind of liked the "come to DLP to escape scum rand" comment but that's fairly weak and easily fakeable. Just see very little actual reads or content inside their posting, find the stance taken re; M7 & Beru of "Want to trust bears that M7 posts less as scum" is just, not very thought through and can easily see it being a comment and appraoch scum take about a townie there. Movement to Eido isn't great and don't like his reaction/response towards Citrus in 284Mafia. There's no real attempt to work out if it's a gamestyle difference at all, just has him "trending down" at the end of the post.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Gemma / @Newcomb @Eidolonic

Would love your thoughts on Nego and the above ^

16. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sorry, I know I sometimes don't make sense. Let me know if there's anything else I can do.

I'm getting tired. I guess at the very least I'll force myself to GTH some updated reads, then I'll see you all tomorrow probably.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Updated reads list:

Slight town:
    Gemma
    Stanari
    Vaimes

Very slight town:
    Citrus
    fontisian

Newcomb
    Regfan

tsaiah

Null:
    Beruru
    Jan
    KaiDASH
    Miner
    Nothing Happens

Very slight scum:
    Eidolonic
    fenwicked
    Nego

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Am i the only person that feels this inside club playstyle rather offputting.

Like .. I get part of the reasoning, but if that is how you all plan on playing this game let me know right now and i won't bother putting too much energy into it.

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I'm starting to run out of computer time which is UGH.

Right now summary of where I"m at is that Newcombs pretty much always town, I felt really really good about Gemma when reading through, her posting/attitude while I've been around has me a little worried I might be wrong here and she's playing in a way to hope I don't notice it while I'm around with her. She's someone I do badly need to sit down and go through her ISO for a little to solidify since there was a loooot that'd she'd said upon reading through the thread that I was nodding my head along to and agreeing with and I think that's a very good sign. I kind of like Eidos last few posts here a lot. I also feel very very strongly about Citrus being town based on the read through but again ISO should confirm that one.

Would mostly be looking inside Nego and Fenwicked from what I've read, would also spend a little time focusing on NH and then Miner after that. Everyone else that I've read (Bears/Fonti/Tsiah) float somewhere in the middle now.

19. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    It isn't bothering me (right now?), but I do empathize.

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

@M Plus 7
    I'd appreciate you explaining the read on me.