1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

We could just ignore them and play with each other .. add like bears and tsaah and maybe kai and we have all the fun on our side.

2. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Am sorry. At least for me, is a case of I have very very limited time with a computer (Am house/dog sitting with my girlfriend for someone for a week and we don't have anything there and have agreed to spend whatever time we have there together without phones) which means my time for this game is on the commute to work and work), should be better from D2 onward but for now it's "little time, try and interact with people I think I can read/work best with in that time".

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Time to stage a coup?

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Yeah, I try to engage as many players as I can to make sure analysis and pressure are being spread enough, but also to avoid situations where members of the town feel decreased morale due to something like this.

Do you have a read you'd like to discuss? I'd try to engage you all more but I'm about to leave so it'd be misguided.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Yeh whatever. Is is how you play anyway.
    Very much with blinders on and ignoring most people.

The fact that you have managed to ignore reading me in your last content post speaks volumes on how I feel about most of this game.
    More like a spectator than part of the game.

I should not actually think more about this. Just a drag. Rather have some fun.

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sure! There really isn't much to it; I'm just sorting anyone I feel even the slightest bit comfortable at this point with GTH. I think your tone seems more genuine than not, particularly in posts like this one (I hope I linked this correctly.) I like it because you seem to be genuinely poking and asking questions, but you also swat down a discussion you thought was unproductive. generally I think townies prefer more discussion than not, but GTH I didn't see a scum making that post. I think with the discussion surrounding Eido so far, if he is town, he might be relatively easy to keep in the spotlight because he's obviously a player that people tinfoil, he's burnt out, etc.

It's weak, but hey, it's something.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:

I'm bothered by this sequence because "is this a meta read" seems like a softball/filler/question with an obvious answer. But if the real question there is "what's your history", it's actually fairly consistent with a future line of commentary, so, mmh?

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Hey, I'm fun! I want in. Lol.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Not really.

My grip on the game is fairly loose as it is.
    I think Regfan feels similar too his townself, but there was something bugging me earlier.

I was on my phone when I read it and my head is still not in best shape. Have to look it up.

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Am sorry you feel that way.

I've not actually got through ISO'ing a few people that I was ~unsure~ on when reading the thread (Vaimes/You/Stanari/M7), mentioning/commenting on you or talking with you about things when I'm not even sure where you are, or what you've posted isn't a great idea. Think that's fairly reasonable?

11. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

[​IMG]

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I actually see where you're coming from with this. It's frequent enough that I've been thrown the "you're asking a softball/unnecessary question" thing before. I unfortunately have trouble reading between the lines so I always prefer to ask unless I'm 100% sure. Plus sometimes even a question with a likely answer can lead somewhere.

That's just what I do I guess. If someone says something that doesn't compute with me or pings me, I ask a question. Then if their answer is satisfactory, I back off. If it isn't, I keep poking. I tend to do this a lot more in the early game when I'm trying to figure out how everyone's brain works.

Maybe this better addresses what you wanted from me earlier. If not, well, feel free to keep on doing you.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Noted. I look forward to the elaboration.

I can sort of relate... despite the reads list, I'm still largely in my early ??? mode especially in games with new folks where I'm trying to figure a baseline on everyone out.

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

It is fine. I don't expect you to get a proper grip on reading me anyway. So pushing that read further from you and leaving me in the poe is techncially the easiest way to solve the game from your point of view if that is possible.

Just somewhat frustrating to see certain in-cliques to play their game and not really caring about the rest.
    Makes me think you should just play a 1-mafia game with the 4-5 of you and not bother the rest of the world.

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Well, I'm out. Have a good night everyone. This is fun. You all seem totally awesome so far. I am looking forward to continuing the game solve. Let's give it our best effort and keep the atmosphere positive if we can too.

15. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Good night!

This also feels like a fillery question ?__?

16. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

The way he laughed Eidos concerned post off and didn't really bother to interact more before and then basically just added eido to the mention pool felt .. kind of half assed.

[​IMG]

It makes me think that there is no way Regfan/Eido is a world.
    And I don't think Regfan/Newcomb is because they would have made sure to add Eido to the mix earlier.

Which is a somewhat good starting point if Regfan turns out to be scum.
    Useless if he is just town.

Anyway. The way he handled that didn't feel right.

17. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Wow look I made a votal:

Eidolonic (1): Nego (#220)
    Stanari (1): Beruru (#181)
    MPlus7 (1): Stanari (#103)
    Regfan (1): tsaiah (#189)
    Miner (1): Miner (#247)
    KaiDASH (1): NothingHappens (#291)
    Vaimes (1): fenwicked (#317)
    Citrus (2): Eidolonic (#55), Vaimes (#125)
    Beruru (3): Citrus (#362), Jan (#399), Gemma (#401)

Abstaining (5): fontisian, KaiDASH, MPlus7, Newcomb, Regfan

-

This list of abstentions is kind of off-putting? I feel like Fonti and M7 at least should have voted by now, considering that they have... like... actual reads and stuff. Regfan too, I guess. Not that it's that bad, I just want more data. Give me the delicious datums. Feed me. OqO

In before everyone has in fact voted and bears can't read dot jpg.

Time to actually read the thread in a way that isn't just CTRL+F "vote".

18. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I laughed because it we cross-posted where he was saying he was expecting me to interact/question him more and the post that was the cross-post was exactly that happening.

19. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

It does feel vaguely clique-y in here but as long as Jan and Gemma say they love me at least every six posts I’ll be fine.
    --- Post automerged ---
    beruru wagon looks towny but. Citrus.

Hang on.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Goddammit I think I could have just given you the raws.

I am bad.