1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

@Regfan

I checked to be sure but you haven’t explained the town!Citrus read at all. Can I have, whenever you have the time for it?

2. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Citrus is on the Beru wagon.

3. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    I need to have my own machine, Stan. :(

I mean, it would be nice if we could share, but...

4. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Yes, I said that.

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Yeah okay, not touching this again after this but uhhh, I can't really interact and question people much on things when I'm not fucking caught on the game, which I wasn't at all then, nor have I been online while Eidos been online so "interacting with him beforehand" flat out wasn't a possibility. About the time he was leaving the thread was the /only/ time I've started to get a semi-grip on the game and was something I was started to get around to - ie. (Players I think are strongly town) & (players I want to focus ion and think might be scum). I still have sooo many people I need to read, need to get thoughts on, need to ISO, need to do some deep reading on, have a nice town block, have a good feel on who scum are.

This just isn't likely to happen this D1 and it's something that people will just have to accept and instead of complaining re; "Not interacting with certain people" etc, maybe comment on the big bits of analysis I HAVE had time to drop ie. I've dropped a big section on why Newcombs town here, if you're annoyed about my lack of working with you, then comment on that, or ask me to expand on a read I have put down.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Will make an effort to try and fit it in before I leave for work!

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Well yes, but that was all to it.
    The way you didn't think about it before at all was odd if you were looking forward to playing/interacting with him.

Not really what I expect from you in that situation.

You don't interact with people because you have townreads on them, you do because you want to bounce ideas off of certain people to a. read them and b. read the game.

You didn't poke him since he wasn't as active.

The whole thing felt to me like you talked to people you would normally talk to because you saw their names and them being active (Gemma/Newcomb for the most part).
    I don't think town!Regfan just forgets about Eido there if he is hyped about reading and playing with him.
    I can see scum!Regfan missing out on it because Eido isn't active unti that very moment.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Von is my toptown and I do love him.

I say this out of my own free will.

And now put away the gun, thanks.
    --- Post automerged ---
    How do you feel about being the main wagon?

Are you afraid?
    Are there any issues with your expected performance because of it?

Asking for a friend.

7. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I can copy and paste post numbers?

8. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

True I could have .. but then again I did say this :
    But you might have missed it because you didn't bother reading my posts while catching up.
    And that is why parts of this game feel somewhat infruiating. But I really don't want to continue with this, because it is leading nowhere.

You did expand on the Newcomb read, but I didn't want to look up the links that didn't work, because I was watching Paddington (great movie).
    I just finished. Might look back at it now. Or go for a swimor play some games. Not sure. Might just need a short breather.

Anyways. My feelings here are not meant personal .. just really alienating when half of the posts and questions are directed at a small playerbase and you basically can read what they are doing but if you were to react you risk upsetting others for breaking the garcia rule.

Or you are allowed to react 10 hours later when there is little point to it half of the time.

9. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Is your friend in wolfchat?

I don't really care.

If it's like all the other games I got wagoned on D1, it should dissipate around the middle of the Day when people realize I'm town and/or start casting Actual Serious Votes.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Helpful, but also I like reading context.

Thank you though. Heart emoji.

10. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@fontisian Woof?

11. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    >CTRL-F "vote"

:p

<3

12. Beruru

Beruru First Year

High Score:
    Reading the post itself counts as context... ;-;

There have been a lot of unexplained votes this game, though. u-u

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Jan - I did read that post of yours (I don't actually skip /any/ posts when reading through IMO, pretty obviously I'm not the sort of person that does too, nor do I not listen to you. I just put off doing a deep read through for peoples alignments until I'm done reading the thread and you generally have a lot of posts that pushes you down the pecking order of people to look at first, and also yes, you're not the easiest read in the game which again pushes you back), that alongside with Citrus asking for it is what prompted me to go into the Newcomb expansion, I'm sorry the post links didn't work; I suck at remembering to use the correct ones. And I will be going through my Gemma one so we can discuss that at another time, but again. I'm playing with very limited time and you're just going to have to accept that for now, I'd much rather be using the time I have to do reading and not have to explain this to people and I won't be again after this. And fwiw, unless I'm clearly aiming for a specific thing I never care about people garcia'ing or chiming in when I'm asking someone their 'general thoughts/reads/thoughts on my post'.

14. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    People
    Regfan
    Newcomb

More people
    Eido
    Fonti

Even more people
    Jan
    Tsaiah
    Vaimes
    Gemma

I'm good at labeling categories
    Citrus
    MP7
    fenwicked
    Nego

Off in the weeds
    Kai
    Nothing Happens
    Beru
    Miner

15. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Again. It is fine. We are good.

Spend some time not playing the game. Or spend time playing the game and producing content.
    Us fighting over this is actually more dragging the thread down and was not really the point.

I somewhat regret venting in the first place.
    Do your thing. We will talk d2 if we are both still alive unless you stop playing or start doing only bullshit from here on out.
    In that case I will lynch you faster than you can say "Fair Dinkum?". (which is australian for "honstely?")

16. fontisian

17. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

1. longwinded people
    2. people that are not the worst players
    3. people you like a lot
    4. people you don't know as well as you would like to
    5. wheeeeeeeeeeeee!

Yeah .. at least bears should be in category 3, i know. But I can't force your reads.

18. fontisian

Then how did you have the thought that the wagon looked towny?

19. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

@Beruru - any further questions?

I am friends with a White Shepherd. He taught me some words in wolf in case you need a translator.

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    LMFAO kill me, I did sort by familiarity, didn't I.

Bears will probably end up in category 3 when they actually do stuff :V