1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Honestly?
    I thin it was in part because he felt one of the few people trying to talk to me?

Like most of his questions were very level one (read on x - read on y etc) and you might be right that I should not read into it, but sometimes a man takes what he can get.
    And in a game where I feel like most cards are just slipping through my hands dancing with the devil might just be the thing to get a straight grip.

2. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

fonti!

speaking of last game, I didn't say it at the time because I was drowning my sorrows into a cup with the wolf rand, but I really loved your "I'm better as a secondary role and not the leader" post. Was real insightful I think.

What did you think about that Nego thing I just laid out? Am I out to lunch or is that reasonable?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I get where you're coming from Jan. I think in a 17 person game with this pace and the people mostly used to a lesser pace, everyone feels that to a certain extent? Like I know I'm just kinda grabbing on to whoever's around or whatever post catches my eye, like I literally don't have the time / energy to talk to everyone, and it's not a slight on them, it's just me doing triage.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

You would expect her to do well in a game like this then, wouldn't you?

4. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Eidolonic

Am town.

Vaimes
    Newcomb

Wasn't actually completely sold on either of them until recent string of posts. Vaimes 'Hey look I actually got to town on Newcomb by myself post in particular is something that comes from Town Vaimes probably 99% of the time. It's a unique mix of earnestly pleased and snarky that I don't think he can fake. Don't care that he's won recent wolf games, I've still never read him wrong, and don't think I'm starting this game.

Newcomb is already out of his scum range and that's frankly kind of depressing. #542 in particular is the kind of meandering nuance post that he struggles with as scum.

Tsaiah
    Regfan

I encourage people to go ISO Tsaiah in The Office. She's not a wolf this game, feel like the difference in tone/bubbliness/happiness/Vaimes-yness is just too stark. Yes, meta reads won't help some of you, but whatever.

I kind of really liked Reg's interaction with Jan, as much as I didn't like the one (or lack of ones prior to that) with me. Actually maybe that's not true, I think wolf Reg takes an actual stance on me (calling me a villager, actually), instead of 'I've read his ISO and it could go either way', because he'd know I'm town, and I think my early spat of posts would just make him go 'yep, there's town Eido, gonna just write him off and dunk him/try to pocket him' instead of flat out admitting he could see me going either way.

M Plus 7
    Jan

Light town on M+7? There's been some posts, especially early on, that just didn't feel like actual attempts to figure anything out with the answer to them. I might iso him and pick out the things that pinged me, but I've liked the overall body of work in a kind of holistic sense. He's doing the stuff I expect him to do as town, and he feels...relaxed in an unfamiliar environment in a way that some other newcomers don't. More on that later, but I think it makes him probbbbably town.

I think Jan's whining about feeling left out and annoyance at the me/reg/newcomB, reg/gemma etc type cliquey stuff feels super genuine. Admittedly it might still be genuine and he be scum, but instead of just letting it rest and be an excuse for not doing anything, he basically kept engaging through it, and it's a good sign for town Jan.

Stanari
    Gemma
    Fontisian

Don't have town reads. Don't have scum reads. I think Stanari might be a slight touch above the other two because there's been things that make me feel like she's doing her kind of awkward gangly flamingo head tilting at stuff and trying to make sense of it, she's just not as pure as usual and it could be me seeing scumbird for first time.

I'm kind of just ignoring trying to get a real read on Gemma, because her pushing me is kind of tilting and I have no real interest in dealing with that right now. Might just sheep Reg on it until mid-late D2 when I do a re-read/dive through things.

Beruru
    Citrus
    Nego
    Nothing Happens

This is kind of a lazy tier that I need to sort better. Basically 'they've all made posts that have felt awkwardish to me, and potentially scum awkwardish, but they also (Mostly Beru/Nego/Smiles) are weaker D1 players, and I'm trying to take that into account.

Miner

I'm staring at the name 'Miner' on my screen with my jaw kind of slack like a sleepy toddler. Zero recollection of anything he's done off top of head, other than some back and forth with Fonti that's....not really alignment indicative. Maybe I should have just lumped him in with Kai as 'useless shitposters who could be wolves, but certainly aren't villagery'

KaiDASH

Kinda think Kai rolled wolf. Gut feeling. Town Kai posts /something/ game related when he pops in usually, especially when he hasn't played in a while. It's hyper light of a read but eh.

Vote: Fenwick

Is wolf. Discuss.

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Is there a reason you are all in with realtime and doing somewhat little catchup/wallposting?

While this is a stark difference to your last scumgame it almost feels like you are trying to do the 100% opposite, which does not feel town either.
    It just feels 10 times better as your lastgame (and I think that is why youa re getting those townreads), but not at all what I think of when thinking town!Newcomb.

6. Eidolonic

Motherfucker, @Regfan get your ass in here, I didn't just miss you by a couple minutes as I jotted some thoughts down.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Fonti.

Hey, hey Fonti.

Talk to me about why you aren't a wolf this game.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Bite me. We've established I have impulse control issues. <3

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

That read feels not half bad considering that is more or less what happened when I went against the Gemma/Reg sandwich that one time as a wolf.
    The thoughts were genuine then, but it gave me an excuse to leave the thread and do fun things 8after it escalated).

To be fair.. I think a big differene is the time of day, because right now there are actually some fun people around and I might have stayed in thread as wolf if that were the case back in that other game.

Not sure why I am only commenting about myself.
    Some hours you just have to be selfish, I guess.

8. Newcomb

I mean with my time constraints it's pretty much one or the other. Going for a mix of the two, like pulling out that Nego post from earlier while still paying attention to what's happening in realtime.

Can sorta see how you'd think it was a reactionary 180, but like. I think this game would also look pretty different as just a villager, yeah? Compared to last one I mean.

Also, re: walls, there's a decent chance that if I'm lazy enough and wait long enough, Eido or Regfan will just post one and I can be like, "yeah cool, that."

Oh look, an Eido post!

Yeah, cool, that.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Fenwicked is probably wolf.
    --- Post automerged ---
    ugh too bad I can’t clear Eido for lynching a wolf D1

10. Eidolonic

Like. It also reminds me of the WH14 on FS, where you kind of bitched about the same kind of thing as a wolf, but there despite the gamestate favoring your reads, you just kind of shut down and sulked. The contrast between that and you immediately re-engaging felt pretty good.

11. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Eh who am I kidding, the reads are close enough to mine that I GUESS Eido is town.

I did really like the Jan read. It felt nice to have that validated because I am too easily charmed.

12. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

But don't tell us tomorrow that we didn't give you time to sit back and relax.
    Once you are back in youa re stuck with us.

I don't understand.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Hum, this was the feel I got from her when reading through the thread too, have yet to ISO her but it was a "Dislike early posting", "Uh, have had problems with the Bears/Stanari hydra early game posting before when they were town though, is this that?" "Ugh, but that's also when Stanari!Scum would struggle a lot too" "If she's town I'll see/know it by later on surely" and then constant prolonging looking at her due to it, is nice to see that I'm not entirely alone with this.

Trying to read through Eidos post while I'm in a meeting, GLme.

14. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Unvote, vote fenwicked

font, your support.

15. Newcomb

Like on a basic level, no matter what alignment I rolled this game, it was bound to look really different from last game, because last game resembled a dumpster fire from me. So if I rolled wolf again, I'd make an effort to play very much not that, and if I rolled town, I'd be not that because my town game isn't a dumpster fire.

16. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Nah, how do you approach meta as a thing, like when dealing with other people, was my question.

17. Newcomb

You guys.

18. Eidolonic

Out of curiosity, how sure are you that you'd be able to rescue your wolf play from dumpster fire levels in this playerlist if you randed it again back to back?

19. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Nah, I'm with you. I don't think it's a super strong thing, since the mindset of relying on people you know is a gane where you dont know most people makes sense as a starting point. But, that isn't a consistent thing Nego is doing and your point about them not having a baseline idea of M's postcount is valid. It also probably spews Mplus7 town if Nego is mafia, because it looks like they were assuming Beru was townreading M too easily.

I was going to vote Nego just after you did, but I wanted to review the posts myself and I'm too tired to do that. Was going to say fuck it and vote them in this post, but now eido's posting things, so.

Anyway, this is a reminder to myself to talk about a thing with you in the next two days.

Also, Citrus. My idea of Citrus' townplay before his break was that he tended to do his own solving thing without much care for other people's opinions of it. Like, there would be a solving process, but the connections would be pretty obscured because he wouldn't bother to make them clear. He also tended to just assume town would be townreading him. He was confident in that. Hopefully that helps.

20. Newcomb

I mean, it would still be a dumpster fire, it would just be a very different kind of one.