1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I think it sorta is?

2. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Regfan, I don't understand this. Why exactly can't you interact with players despite not being fully caught up? Reads can be generated in real time even with imperfect information.
    --- Post automerged ---
    What's the garcia rule?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I agree with that assessment. I'm not a fan of the post myself.

One has to wonder whether scum!Nego would bring so much attention though by sheeping so blatantly, but that's a game of WIFOM I maybe don't want to play.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Don't answer questions not addressed to you unless the person they were addressed to has answered.

4. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

What do you hope to do specifically?
    --- Post automerged ---
    This is a townie mindset.
    --- Post automerged ---

Eido, at some point I'd like to talk to you most urgently about that "middle" group containing Gemma and Stanari because it seems those are our major points of contention.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Is it normal around here for players to WIFOM regarding whom they would kill if they were scum?
    --- Post automerged ---
    What qualifies as stupid pressure?
    --- Post automerged ---
    I don’t understand the reluctance from some players to properly evaluate and consider Eido. Maybe it’s a culture difference, but why shouldn’t we be considering anyone right now? If anything shouldn’t Eido be given more attention if he’s a particularly adept scum?

5. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

He's not a particularly adept scum , he's a particularly adept town. Get the difference?

6. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

This is actually a genuine sounding post from Nego in my assessment. Reads like he feels he has a legitimate beef. And honestly it’s a good point. I’m not a fan of Regfan’s lack of direct interactions with Nego specifically but most players in general myself. Then again, Regfan isn’t the only one.
    --- Post automerged ---

I'd consider this a very accurate depiction of the differences in my play.

You're a research master.
    --- Post automerged ---

I'd like someone explain to me how a scum!Nego makes this post. I don't see it.

7. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

Tell me more about this power.

8. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I think I can get behind a Regfan wagon increasingly here.

I have to know though, Gemma. Can you explain exactly what about his read on tsaiah comes across to you as fake and why?
    --- Post automerged ---
    He shook out slight scum in my GTH-driven reads list, but I need to properly ISO him. Who among us has played with him enough to have a meta assessment?

9. fontisian

Uh, it's easy? You just pretend you're obvious town and the person pushing on you should know that.

10. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Gemma, why were you specifically asking Newcomb about that assessment of me v. tsaiah?

I have to admit I'm starting to get rather frustrated now myself that the same old players only seem to care about actively engaging with the other same 5 other players or so. This will get old quickly.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I have to say I don't understand how this makes you think there's a "case" though.

11. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

It's been a while, how do I play the game again?

12. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

What do you mean by this exactly?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Especially considering the phase length, I personally don't feel particularly compelled to chalk up inactivity like this to anything other than NAI.

13. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Vote for font.

14. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Holy shit, can the attitude please. Christ's sake. I will not tolerate that shit.

15. fontisian

I had literally just read Gemma's case. I didn't think Eido had a case, I just had a freudian slip while sleep deprived.

What did you think you were going to get out of this question.
    --- Post automerged ---
    That's not attitude, dude.

16. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

17. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

I have to admit I'm rather frustrated with this game state right now. I understand I'm new here and most of you all have some sort of rapport, but it's a bit aggravating that the only main contributor at this point that I feel has made multiple attempts to either engage me or understand where I'm coming from is Stanari.

Not only that but the arrogance from Eido and others whether it's intended or not is pretty frustrating as well. Literally everyone in this game could be scum, and no one should be immune from consideration for today's lynch.

Finally, I feel like there's too much groupthink going on in here as well. I'm feeling that there's a scum taking advantage of that.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Was this directed at me or someone else? Because for one I've not done that I believe and for two I swear if anyone here tries to tell me how to play I will lose it.

18. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    You asked what garcia was.

19. M Plus 7

M Plus 7 Squib

Sure, I suppose. Reads pretty genuine to me though, especially combined with other posts Nego made in the surrounding timeframe that in my assessment displayed a genuine concern for being MLed and for solving the game, but what do I know.
    --- Post automerged ---
    It wasn't a question.

And if it wasn't attitude, then I apologize for taking offense, but you really should reconsider how the way you word your posts might come across to someone else, because it definitely read rude to me. Especially the "get the difference?" part. I can't fathom how that was meant without any attitude or snark.
    --- Post automerged ---
    And? What's your point? I don't know what it means. Why the fuck should I not be allowed to ask that?

This is getting annoying. I'll come back later.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Frankly my desire to play here again won't be high if this is how this game is going to go, sad to say. I feel like no one gives a fuck about my attempts to play this game, and I can definitely empathize with how Jan was getting frustrated now.

I don't know why anyone would want to be purposefully difficult when I don't know hardly any of you and all I'm doing is taking time out of an incredibly packed schedule mind you to try to play this game to the fullest of my ability.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I guess I'll at least provide an updated reads list, but then it's obvious that I need a break not only to attend to other matters but also because this was a particularly infuriating catchup and brief real time thread experience.

20. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Will dump my thoughts when I get to a computer soon.

@M7 - Stanari was explaining what a garcia is, 763 its the definition of it. Not something she was telling you to do. Take a deep breathe and step back for a second, can see you're getting agitated.