1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

2. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

This post is like, singlehandedly making me doubt my fonti townread. And to be completely honest my read is like 80% "I like you so much" and 20% actual townfeels. The "I was already scumreading Fenwicked and had examined his post" thing feels... not right, tonally. Disjointed. Formal. And how she expresses the townread on me like that feels nebulously pockety. This is the part where I would @ someone who I trust to talk about fonti with me but I don't have anyone so rip, these thoughts go into the void.

3. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Vote: fenwicked

Actually.

4. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Um.

Okay...
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hi Stanari.

Did he make posts while I was asleep?

5. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    No, but I isoed him and remembered that he tried to give me Eido's popsicle post as an example of a post displaying "rational skepticism and genuine desire to solve the game"?

6. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

I didn’t think I’d win your cooperation that easily.

Use a meme to mock Newcomb.

7. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Eh was going to just, read and do everything and then dump a huge wall but I'm going to post bits at a time even if the order of all of it is kind of stupid and won't make sense to anyone other than myself.

@Gemma - Talk to me a bit about your 689, are the "Crossed out names" just players that you wouldn't be lynching D1 or people you town read there? If it's the latter (Which your PoE comment points towards it being) can you run me through the evolution and current read of yours on Stanari. And also the read on myself that you had because you've like ugh, jumped around there in a way where I ended up spending most of the train trip today thinking "Well fuck me, if this is some sort of pocket attempt by mimmicking Disney when I know that she should have learnt from that and be playing in a different way and if I misread her and die early with a wrong read stated on her because of overly comparing it to that then I'm going to feel like a fucking idiot" and I didn't think locking you in as 100% town would be even remotely difficult after having done the initial read through because I was already seeing a lot that I was thinking were big indications you were town.

But I think a mixture of your uh, frustration with me over something I still don't really understand and the fact you're playing this game drunk a lot has/is going to make it harder not easier to read you which isn't ideal. So while I know we both wanted to try and cut down on big posts and things like that you giving me a proper one of "my thoughts are these on lots of things" would be very very appreciated.

Also kind of EH on your reasoning behind town reading Fontisian inside that post, I can kind of see how you're getting there, I just don't agree with it. I don't really find the Fonti-Eido interactions or her attitude/play around him here to come across as town, nor do I really have a read on her interactions with you so far. Was actually expecting /some things/ from her here if she's town that I've not seen yet that's slightly concerning tbqh.

----------------------

Fenwicked not having turned up/responded to any of the votes/wagon on him or posted any other reads and thoughts isn't great. Actually really like Vaimes's explanation re; his scum read on Fenwicked in 753 and mirrors most of my concerns with his play from earlier in that I think he's using Vaimes as someone that's easier for him to over-focus on in a really inorganic way, think it's more him trying to find things to push Vaimes on and therefore be "posting" due to it and the turnaround on Eido is very unnatural, again love Gemmas points on it 727 in that he doesn't come across as someone that drops a read as strong as he was making it out to be that quickly based on...nothing and have like, no depth to it and the timing of it all just feels very agenda-y. Decently likely to move over there soon.

I still would like to hear Eido run through his Fenwicked scum read reasoning when he re-enters the thread. Enough people have posted/commented about Fenwicked that witholding it is no longer needed and I'd like to squash a little niggle that I had earlier and am ambitiously hoping his explanation will help with that.

Actually @Eidolonic - Could you talk to me a little about Miner and some of the names in the Beruru/Citrus/Nego/NH section when you get back in here please, more focus on the Citrus/Nego ones of that grouping would be nice.

@Newcomb - I've got Stanari/Bears as hard not W/W, I've got Fontisian/Bears as very likely not W/W, you got anything that sort of points against Fontisian/Stanari here (Can't find much myself) but if you did that'd be awesome, if so I can pretty safely move them aside for a bit as a "0-1 scum in this grouping". Also you got a solid-ish read on Vaimes yet.

8. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Miner has entered HOWLCON 1.

Eliminate with extreme prejudice.

9. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

idk anyone think fen is a mislynch? Frozen? Being bussed? Any hints of a CW to save him?

10. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

(I felt the same way.)

Nego, I think you're expecting a little much of Newcomb here.

It's weird to me that like, this is an entire post but I have no idea how smiles is approaching the game from like, a broader solving perspective. They touch on a couple of reads but uh, I don't really get what they're actually doing or what their process is at all? It's a little confusing that they have such clear thoughts about specific things that have happened, and feel so confident, considering they aren't caught up at all. I could just be reading too much into this too early.
    --- Post automerged ---
    @Regfan read #822.

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

I find it pretty amusing that every game I've played with Newcomb he either is town and thinks I'm scum or is scum and wants to dumpster me.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Miner, I toneread you as dead inside.

Accurate?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Out of curiosity, who do you think should be a stronger scumread for him?

Apologies if answered, there's a big chunk I glazed over.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Bleh, I'm not sure that's actually the right question.

13. Newcomb

I'm not saying lock him in as a villager, and by all means, if you have thoughts on his alignment, post them. If he's a wolf, we'll end up needing the ammunition later.

Thing is, the EV swing of mislynching someone like Reg or Eido is such that going after it D1 is like... never a good idea unless you're really, really sure. The absolute gift we'd be giving the wolves with a Reg/Eido D1 mislynch is so overwhelming that it's basically never a good value proposition.

Like, if I don't have any strong feelings at EoD I'll boot Miner, no problem, because he's not going to help me D2 if he's a miss. Whereas I'm not just shooting myself in the foot, but basically in the head, if I miss on Eido.

By all means keep doing your thing, push him if you think he's a wolf. It's not a futile effort; though I'm sure he'd argue against it and it stresses him out, "response to pressure" is probably not a terrible way to read him. Just don't expect the game to follow you onto a D1 lynch unless you absolutely slam dunk it.

14. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    I don't really like the post either but I don't think it's something that can't come from her as town. I think my bigger concern with her is that there's a few specific reads/comments/things I'd have expected to see by now. Or expected to have seen /something/ where I'm like, yeah that's town!fonti, which I've normally been able to do when we're both town. I haven't had that yet.

15. Newcomb

This kind of thing has always baffled me.

Why would I need to directly engage with someone to get an accurate read on them?

16. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Didn't like that post from him either, kind of think the way he's been dropping reads/thoughts has been very weird/awkward and unnatural all game.

17. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I kind of want to think the weirdness of Beru's read on me comes from town...?

18. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

Mmm, I wasn't sure how much that was playing into it, plus things that I don't want to read into.

I just wrote a bunch of words then deleted them all because they were stupid and went in circles.

I'm just going to leave now.

19. Newcomb

I don't see anything particularly alignment indicative in it one way or another. What about it do you think would be particularly hard to fake as a wolf?

20. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I may have blanked it out but remind me what is villagery about Eido?