1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The 100 Mafia

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Cobalt, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    Why Miner in the second group?

2. Vaimes

Vaimes Fifth Year

Another tick against Citrus is that if fen was being bussed, I think it’s either him or Eido

or both

vOv

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Will be back in a few hours, here's a rough idea of where I'm at I think?

Gemma / Newcomb

M7
    Eido / Jan / Citrus
    Vaimes

Stanari

Nego
    KaiDASH

Tsaiah

Beruru
    Nothing Happens
    Fontisian
    Miner

Fenwicked

4. Citrus

Citrus First Year

@Stanari

the 1+ should actually be a 1-2

Ok more clean version of the thoughts I was trying to convey:

I think it's most likely there's a scum in the grouping of {Tsiah / Kai / Nego / Fenwicked / Nothing Happens}. Fenwicked slot is not around right now, Kai is basically a null and I honestly can't make heads/tails of him beyond he's an easy guy to throw in as scum with narrowing PoE. I do not think the entire scum-team is in this grouping as it definitely is falling in the "correlating inactivity with scum" type reading which I know I usually end up doing to some degree when I don't have much to go on. The next most likely place I think a scum (especially a high activity one) would be is in Beruru/Miner/Regfan/Fontisian. Miner's been kinda under the radar but I've seen a few things I've liked from him (especially in context of how I remember him as a player back in the day, his play may have evolved significantly since). Regfan + Font I've talked about. Beruru I somewhat liked the way they responded to pressure, relative to how I've seen them react to pressure as scum before (while scum with them and seeing them scum-chat reactions).

Of Vaimes/Jan/Eidolonic, I've talked about Vaimes/Eid already. Jan, I think his difficulty engaging with the game early on is more town!likely but not an ironclad way to read him.

Roughly, I thus think right now:

M plus 7 > Gemma >> Stanari for town
    Newcomb for likely town (a lot based off Regfan)
    Vaimes for lean-town

Null-ish: Miner > Beruru > Regfan > Jan >> Fontisian

?Tsaiah (liked her early stuff, remember her 'thread-value' falling, don't remember anything about her since)
    Eidolonic (IRL makes it harder to read)
    Nego
    Kai
    Nothing happens (stretching my mind too much to think about him so not doing so right now)
    --- Post automerged ---
    Brb, time to get the daily R&R in

5. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    @Fonti - Run me through the Citrus vote, you have him about half way down your list?

6. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

What is that Kai read.

7. Miner

Miner Order Member

Calling me active is like.... mindbogglingly unaware of gamestate. Like, MINDBOGGLINGLY.

8. fontisian

Unvote
    Vote Nothing Happens

He completely dipped, hadn't solved much beforehand and had something that pinged me earlier on that I am currently forgetting. He was also the most useful place my vote could go.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Seriously, do the reads thing. You know how much you frustrate me when you do this.

9. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

tsaiah is below null for him, so that's his null tier.

Vote: smiles

10. fontisian

I'm kind of weirded out by him only having half the players above null, then.

11. Gemma

Gemma Sixth Year

I know, but he's playing from his phone / work, so cut him some lack.

12. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    I would enjoy elaboration.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Err, that's your Miner read. I can highlight, I swear.
    --- Post automerged ---
    I'm quite sure Reg has explained his Citrus read. If anyone can find it off the top of their head, that would be nice.

I kind of feel like that's just how this game is.

13. Citrus

Citrus First Year

On which part?

I played a few good scum!games with him back when he was newer to mafia. The way he's played this game is a weird mixture of few content posts + self-awareness + occasional insightful posts/aggressive stances. These do not mix at all with how I remember him + his scum!play. Trying to account for maturation as a mafia player, I can see him being more confident in doing these kind of things as town, but it's a stretch to be able to see that from scum!play with the kind of players in this game. Or I don't have a good read on his personality, I think I would be intimidated from doing so as scum with this player-list and he could totally have developed a ton since then
    --- Post automerged ---
    And with that I'm going to bed as I'd rather get up early and spend some morning time then evening time here. I should be around tomorrow somewhat but I'm entering my V/LA time soon (mostly 7/11 + 7/12) and should be around for the final few hours of Day with the late Day end

14. KaiDASH

KaiDASH Auror DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

15. Miner

Miner Order Member

I think Vaimes is town because we all know that scum Vaimes clearly needs a grammar refresher course.

16. Stanari

Stanari Squib

High Score:
    When you wake up, think you could highlight a few for me?

17. Miner

Miner Order Member

Ya know, I'd forgotten how much the first few pages of the last game was Madoka references

18. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

By way of response to @Gemma , I wouldn't say I'm caught up on most people I've declined to give a read on, but the people I have, I've at least made it forward enough to have some idea of where they're coming from. I meant to do the proper read of denser posts later today but had intervening issues. Oops.

Anyway, are there specific things I can add to my mindset on what I did give thus far that'd help you out?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, I don't think mod status means anything for following the champs games. Beyond my own and game 6 I read very little of the others, and certainly not enough to get a sense of how anyone played in them. I'm wary of you expecting this from Newcomb, @Nego

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Aight.

@fontisian

Let's talk about Newcomb. This game, he's a lot more comfortable. Loose. He's not afraid of putting himself out there, and he's Actually Making Reads.

This is Newcomb last game:

What I'm seeing is just a bunch of comments on people and specific posts without a whole lot of "okay, now what do you think this means wrt their alignment?"

Whereas here he's actually expanding on his reads:

There's this sense that I'm getting that he's not looking for pockets/mislynches later in the same vein that he did early d1 last game.

Also, his jokes are of a higher quality this game than last game too. That counts for something right?

20. Nothing Happens

Nothing Happens Squib

I searched "vote" on this page and intensely dislike this post, and it just adds to my sense that fenwicked is/was alone in the thread. The slot's been dead, but I'd expect such summoning rituals at being voted to come from mafia more often than not.